CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FEB 22, 2021
Missing in California City: What we know about the disappearance of Orrin and Orson West | KGET 17
It has now been two months since two little boys vanished ...

[...]

Orrin and Orson were born in Bakersfield – Orrin on August 4th, and Orson on June 11th, 2017. Their mom is RD. She gave the boys their birth names – Cinsere and Classic. Their last names were Pettus.

“I was living fine with them before they came and got them,” RD said. “A small incident happened.”

Child Protective Services took the boys near the beginning of 2018.

“I was at work, I noticed my baby’s cry wasn’t normal when I got home and I took him straight to the hospital,” RD said. “They say his femur bone was broken and twisted.”

The baby she’s talking about is Orrin West. He had a broken thigh bone, but RD says she didn’t know how it happened. The last time she saw her boys was at the end of 2018.

[...]

Even though the West family wasn’t home – somebody threw a rock through the front window. Another screwed a large sign into their front awning that asked “Where are the boys?”

“Even though it was violent, they did have good intentions,” said LR, California City resident. “They want to bring the parents out to talk.”

[...]

RD – the biological mother – still lives in Bakersfield and has joined a few of the search parties for the boys.

[...]

Members of her extended family have held multiple prayer vigils and search parties, spreading the word through social media and flyers. They also made t-shirts, masks, and sweatshirts with pictures of the boys on them.

[...]

One Bakersfield resident – JN – has no relation to the boys. But she took money out of her own pocket to put up two billboards, alongside Mohawk Street near Rosedale Hwy.

[...]

Last edited:
FEB 23, 2021
$122,000 reward for California City missing boys: What it takes to claim the money | KGET 17
[...]

... Local businesses, individuals and the city have pledged a total of $122,000.

“Promising money is basically pledging money,” said Chief of Police, Jon Walker. “They’re going to distribute that money how they see fit.”

[...]

The California City Council met January 7th and put up a $25,000 reward. But in that meeting – they agreed the reward would expire on February 23rd.

“The expiration was simply based on policy,” said Anna Linn, city manager. “They wanted to do some house cleaning to make sure when we spend public funds, we do it responsibly.”

The city manager says the council needed time to make a final reward policy that they can renew and use in future missing persons cases.

[...]

Nine different entities have pledged reward money. Seven say they will give the money to anyone with information that leads to finding the boys. They say they don’t require an arrest or conviction for someone to receive their reward. Traditional co specified they will only give their reward to the informant if the boys are found alive. Murphy’s Pool and Spa and the city they require arrest and conviction before giving their reward money. The city manager says they’ll renew their $25,000 reward at their city council meeting Tuesday at 6pm.

FEB 24, 2021
KGET.com exclusive: Interview with the California City police chief on Orrin and Orson West disappearance | KGET 17
[...]

Q: And earlier I know in our first interview, in front of the house on Aspen Avenue, you said that you suspected foul play. Do you still think that, why or why not?

A: Absolutely, I personally believe that those kids got out of that neighborhood with some sort of assistance. So, if there was an adult that assisted them or took them out of the neighborhood that would constitute foul play.

Q: So exactly, what constitutes foul play, it doesn’t necessarily means abuse?

A: Well foul play means that someone has taken the children and not divulged to their parents where they’re at. That’s just, we’ll start basic 101 right there. Somehow, someone had to have done that and has not reported to us. Everyone, I would at least say in the nation, knows we’re looking for these kids has not reported it. That would constitute foul play, because the only people those kids are supposed to be with are their parents

[...]

Q: How certain are you that the boys are not in the Aspen Avenue house? I know when you first did the interview, you told us the K9s smelled the scent of the boys inside the house, they did not smell it leaving the house. It seems like that would imply that they are still there. How certain are you that they are not?

A: ... The dogs aren’t always 100% accurate. We’ve had the dogs in the house. that night they alerted inside the house but did not alert us outside, doesn’t mean anything. We use those as tools that maybe will point us one way or the other. Just like people keep asking about polygraph. Polygraph is not admissible as Court. Is it a tool? Sure. Can believe at some point that maybe you are being deceptive by the results of the tests? Sure. But it’s only tool to help us go in a certain direction. Right now we don’t have any of that, unfortunately.

[...]

Q: Is it possible that the boys wandered into the desert that night? I know you suspect foul play, but is that also something you’re considering?

A: If I had to bet my house on it, I would say no. ...

[...]

Q: Could you explain that infrared technology you just mentioned what was used?

A: Yeah we basically had a helicopter with what they call a FLIR. It will detect body heat, it’s pretty sophisticated. I did have the opportunity in my previous law enforcement career that I got to actually work in airship and it’s basically like a scope that’ll go over any territory, any land. It will pick up anything that has body heat and you know adults are generally 97°F it’ll pick that up in the dark. And it shows up like a beam basically.

[...]

Q: So that was later on?

A: Yeah that was actually shortly after. That’s why I’ve tried to amend that multiple times. Initially, we couldn’t find anyone who has seen the kids but we did actually find other neighbors who had seen kids there. The West family had only been there three months. COVID all those things, cold weather, all that can attribute to that. They had a huge backyard with a fence and here in California City, you’ve been to the neighborhood, there’s large vacant lots between the properties.

[...]

Q: So the adoptive parents are considered to have been the last people to see the kids. When and where was the last time someone besides them saw Orrin and Orson?

A: I believe the grandmother had seen them prior. I don’t know the exact dates, but the people that we have spoken to (in the neighborhood) had seen them other than the parents.

Q: So that was the relative they visited before, it was like recently before they went missing, correct?

A: Yes.

[...]

Q: OK so you’re still in contact with them. Can I ask when was the last time they were interviewed?

A: Formally interviewed, I think it’s been several weeks.

Q: Are the members of the birth family cooperating as well?

A: Uhh they- yes. Yes.

[...]

Q: Is there video footage of that shows the boys in California City? I know the neighbor across the street had a doorbell camera. I know the neighbor to the left of the house, if you’re facing the house to the left, also had surveillance footage of the house. I know police took that footage and analyzed it. Was there any footage that shows the two boys?

A: We have hours of footage and I cannot comment on any of those, on any of that.

[...]

Q: Is there a reason why the department won’t release the 9-1-1 call? I tried to get it and didn’t receive it.

A: No because it’s still part of the investigation. It’s an ongoing investigation so we’re not going to release.

[...]

Q: We talked about the evidence that you’ve recovered, searches of the home around the home. You had mentioned that none of it really came out with anything important. Could you mention any of the evidence that has been taken, including forensics, anything that was relevant or important?

A: You know the initial search warrant, we were able to take into custody (the adoptive parents’) the electronic devices, phones, computers, clothes, bedding, items from the backyard, items from the house, anything we thought that could possibly be relevant or lead us to a conclusion.

[...]

Q: Yea it was the next day. I remember talking to them and they mentioned, ‘the police took our phones, we can’t share our contact information’. Jacqueline West had mentioned having photos of the boys on her phone that she couldn’t share because police had taken her phone. Did you find anything significant on those phones? Did you find any pictures of the boys?

A: Yeah we found pictures, but nothing else that I can disclose.

Q: Is there a reason why no more pictures of the boys have been released so far? I guess the police department doesn’t have access to those photos.

A: I no longer have access to those photos. No, those actually were taken by the FBI.

Q: But the parents have since gotten the phones back?

A: I believe they have new phones.

[...]

Q: So you don’t have any access to more recent photos of the boys? Is there a reason why Jacqueline hasn’t released those photos to the public? I know a lot of people are looking for a more recent photos of Orrin and Orson.

A: I can’t speak to what her thought process is, what she’s choosing to do or what not to do.

[...]

FEB 26, 2021
Cal City gives informants more incentive | News | avpress.com
A new policy for reward money has been adopted by the City to encourage residents to come forward with information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of those who have committed crimes.

[...]

The policy for the reward money was spurred after Orson West, three, and Orrin West, four, were reported missing on Dec. 21.

[...]

The California City Police Department is still actively investigating their disappearance with the assistance of the Bakersfield Police Department, Kern County Sheriff’s Department and the FBI.

[...]

MAR 1, 2021
Bakersfield Police Department - Posts | Facebook
ORRIN & ORSON WEST CASE
The Bakersfield Police Department is now the primary or lead agency for the investigation into the December 21, 2020 disappearance of Orrin and Orson West and the circumstances surrounding it. The California City Police Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation will continue to have active roles in the investigation.

The primary or lead agency is responsible for investigative strategies, obtaining information, resource allocation and fact compiling. Due to facts now known to investigators, and the circumstances surrounding the disappearance, the City of Bakersfield is a historical nexus to the children.

The Bakersfield Police Department is asking for anyone who had contact with Orrin and/or Orson West within the past year, regardless of the context, to contact us via Secret Witness at (661) 322-4040. Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts, circumstances or history of the little boys is encouraged to share that information with law enforcement by utilizing the Secret Witness tip-line at (661) 322-4040.

We understand the public outcry for information regarding the ongoing efforts to locate Orrin and Orson West. Significant resources have and will continue to be allocated to explore all tips, investigative leads and possibilities; however, specific information regarding law enforcement efforts, strategies and knowledge will not be released to protect the integrity of the investigation. Our goal is the return of the boys and the investigation will continue until that is accomplished.

All inquiries regarding this investigation should be directed to the Bakersfield Police Department.
#OrsonWest #OrrinWest #MissingChildren

MAR 1, 2021
Bakersfield Police Dept. takes lead on missing West brother's case | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

"The Bakersfield Police Department will determine the investigative path that is taken, we will conduct the majority of the interviews, we will process evidence," Sgt. Robert Pair, Public Information Officer for the Bakersfield Police Department, said.

[...]

Orrin and Orson's biological parents live in Bakersfield and this is where the boys lived with their adoptive parents before the family moved to California City in September 2020.

"There is a historical tie to the city of Bakersfield, with these boys," Sgt. Pair, said. "They were predominantly raised in the city of Bakersfield. Family members reside in Bakersfield and a lot of the interviews that have taken place through the course of this investigation have occurred in the city of Bakersfield."

He says leads have been exhausted in California City and BPD have more resources available. Police continue to get more tips on leads in the Bakersfield area. ...

[...]

Anyone who had contact with Orrin and or Orson West within the past year is asked to call the Bakersfield Police Secret Witness Line at 661 322-4040.

MAR 1, 2021
Bakersfield Police Department taking over missing boys case as lead investigators (turnto23.com)
[...]

Bakersfield Police Sergeant Robert Pair was unable to comment Monday, whether police believe a crime in the boys case was committed in Bakersfield.

[...]

"I would like to be able to tell you, but I can't and you know as well as I do that it's not just the public that are watching this. If there are people involved in this, then they are also paying attention to it as well and so I can't release specific details.

Pair was able to confirm that BPD has executed more than 20 search warrants in the case so far at residences in Bakersfield, California City and other jurisdictions.

Those warrants allowed police to search residences and collect various items, Pair stated.

[...]

BPD Orson and Orrin West Investigation Release | Police | Justice (scribd.com)

Last edited:
MAR 1, 2021
Family to join panel discussion to find Cal City missing boys | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
The Kern County Black Chamber of Commerce is hosting a panel to discuss the ongoing search for the two toddlers who haven't been seen since December 2020.

[...]

NH, CEO of the Kern County Black Chamber of Commerce said the panel will be streamed on all the Chamber's social media platforms Wednesday, March 3, 2021, at 11 am.

RW the biological cousin to the missing boys will join the panel along with two others.

Those with leads or comments are encouraged to tune in.

[...]

MAR 1, 2021
“Large amount of case development”: Bakersfield Police Department discusses taking the lead on the California City missing boys case | KGET 17
[...]

“I believe there’s a large amount of case development in this investigation,” said Sgt. Robert Pair, with Bakersfield Police Department. “But unfortunately due to the nature of this type of work, we just cant put that information out there.”

[...]

BPD says there are several reasons for this change.

“A large part of the interviews and follow-up needs to be conducted in Bakersfield,” Pair said.

There are also many parts of this story that lead back to this city.

[...]

Sgt. Pair wouldn’t say whether he believes the boys are still alive or where they could be.

“I’m not going to speculate on where the boys are, and I don’t have more information indicating they’re in Bakersfield versus some place else,” Pair said.

[...]

MAR 3, 2021
Bakersfield Police Chief discusses case of two California City boys missing since December | KGET 17
Bakersfield Police Chief Greg Terry joined 17 News at Sunrise to discuss the case in the disappearance of 4-year-old Orrin and 3-year-old Orson West in California City, who have been missing since December.

“As law enforcement officers we are community members and we are parents also, and we understand the public’s interest in this particular case and rightfully so to find out what happened to these little boys. I assure you that we are going to continue the investigation in a professional and thorough manner, and follow all investigative leads and possibilities. We will continue to communicate with our community, especially if there are circumstances or information that could impact our community safety or individuals in our community.”

[...]

MAR 3, 2021
Kern County Black Chamber asks for leads in case of missing California City boys: 'Someone knows something' | News | bakersfield.com
[...]

Nick Hill III, CEO and president of the Kern County Black Chamber of Commerce, encouraged anyone watching to share the Kern Secret Witness line for those who might be anxious about coming forward for any reason. That number is (661) 322-4040.

[...]

The discussion featured the boys' cousin RW as well CC. Both discussed their extensive efforts in assisting the boys' biological family in search efforts.

RW said early search attempts brought them to all corners of Bakersfield: the Casa Loma Apartments, Hageman and Allen roads and Hart Park.

[...]

Hill encouraged Wills to reinstate a [fundraiser] account to make sure the effort to send these banners and other search efforts can go as widely as they need to.

Wills said that she initially took it down because of criticism and backlash that she had received. Both panelists mentioned "backlash" as a reason that the boys' biological mother was not present at the discussion.

"She’s hurting and people are blaming her for the kids being in the system," Wills said.

[...]

MAR 3, 2021
Cousin of missing West boys speaks on latest in search | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

RW is a cousin of the biological father of three year-old Orson. She has been apart of searches in Bakersfield since the beginning. She says there's been at least 6 in Bakersfield, where the boys lived with their adoptive parents before moving to California City in September.

[...]

A digital billboard with a picture of the boys and a number to call with information went up on 99 South between Seventh Standard Road and before the Oildale exit in Bakersfield.

"There are two billboards that are on Mohawk, those are digital as well," RW, said. "A lady had come forward and she wanted to help out and so she purchased those two billboards with her own money."

RW says thanks to money earned from a account a billboard with a missing boys ad is coming to Tehachapi off Highway 58 soon.

[...]

MAR 3, 2021
MAR 3, 2021
Biological family of Orrin and Orson West makes banners to send across the nation; reward money rises to $123,000 | KGET 17
[...]

Although the heart of this case now lies in Bakersfield, this story has touched hearts across the nation. RW has been making and sending out banners for the boys.

[...]

She says a woman in Bakersfield paid her to make 200 banners. They’ve already sent out almost 100 of them, 15 going outside the state.

“Put their faces in other cities, states and even other countries,” RW said. “We sent one to Canada.”

Kern County’s Black Chamber of Commerce spoke with RW and her friend CC about the case.

[...]

There are now four billboards up in Kern County seeking information on the boys. A fifth is in Lancaster, put up over the weekend by a youtuber in New York who goes by Duty Ron.

[...]

Duty Ron is also one of the nine individuals who put up reward money for anyone with information on the boys. He recently upped his offer from $2,000 to $3,000. ...

Last edited:
MAR 5, 2021
‘2 Kids Don’t Just Come Up Missing’: Relative Of Missing Kern County Toddlers Speaks Out – CBS Los Angeles (cbslocal.com)
[...]

RW, a biological relative of one of the boys, spoke to the Kern County Black Chamber of Commerce about the search. She said her gut feeling was that foul play is involved in the boys’ disappearance.

“Two kids don’t just come up missing, especially in Cal City,” RW said. “if you go out there and you look at the area, the neighbors, they see everything. Some of the neighbors there said they ain’t never seen kids.”

Police say the boys’ adoptive parents are cooperating with the investigation.

[...]

Last edited:
MAR 6, 2021
BPD conducting search in southeast Bakersfield related to missing Cal City boys investigation | KGET 17
UPDATE (11 a.m.): BPD said more than 50 personnel from across multiple agencies are at the scene, including Kern County Search and Rescue as well as the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Screenshot-2021-03-06-at-11.08.23-AM.png

Bakersfield police officers are searching the area of East Pacheco and Cottonwood roads in connection with the investigation into two missing California City boys.

The Bakersfield Police Department said officers were sent out to the area early this morning to conduct a search related to its investigation into the disappearances of Orrin and Orson West in December.

[...]

Last edited:
MAR 6, 2021
Bakersfield Police Department search connected to missing California City boys investigation (turnto23.com)
Update as of 1:48 p.m.: The Bakersfield Police Department has wrapped up the investigation. The missing toddlers were not found. BPD would not confirm whether any evidence in relation to the case was found at the search location.

Original article: ...

[...]

Sergeant Pair said BPD can not provide more information at this time due to the nature of the investigation. Officers will be searching the fields throughout the day until they believe a thorough search has been done.

Pair said the decision to search the area came from a "natural progression" of the investigation.

[...]

Photos: Officers search for missing Cal City boys near Cottonwood and East Pacheco | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)

Last edited:
MAR 6, 2021
FBI and Bakersfield police search for evidence related to Orrin and Orson West in Southeast Bakersfield | KGET 17
[...]

“The facts of the case are still going forward, the boys have not been located and there has been no arrests made,” said Sgt. Robert Pair with Bakersfield Police Department.

[...]

It’s near the Casa Loma Apartments, where the adoptive parents of Orrin and Orson West used to live.

“This is not the first search that’s been conducted in the city of Bakersfield by BPD during our participation in this investigation,” Pair said. “I expect there will be more searches. There’s been numerous interviews, search warrants, and that will continue until we know what happened.”

... They brought K9s as well.

“As far as if any items of evidentiary value were located I can’t get into specifics,” Pair said.

Police also wouldn’t say what caused this search party. Many Bakersfield residents have searched for evidence around this area before.

[...]

“They’re skilled at what they do and now it’s time for us to kind of step back and let them do their job because they have the manpower and the resources,” said RW, biological cousin of the two boys. “I really believe they are getting close, I really believe it.”

[...]

Last edited:
MAR 6, 2021
Bakersfield police make first moves in West boys’ investigation | News | desertnews.com
[...]

“Due to the nature of the investigation, unfortunately there are things we have to keep close to our chest,” Pair said, citing the need to maintain the integrity of the investigation.

Bakersfield Police Chief Greg Terry last week told media that it would provide only limited information on the investigation in order to ensure it was properly conducted. Terry also said the reason BPD took the lead on the case was because evidence and the investigation was increasingly being focused on Bakersfield.

[...]

“We are exhausting every item we locate to determine whether it is applicable for seizure as evidence or is even related to the investigation,” Pair said on Saturday.

Pair stressed that anyone with firsthand accounts or interactions with the West boys or someone who has information should contact the police department.

If you have an information, officials ask that you contact Secret Witness at 661-322-4040.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back