CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAR 6, 2021
BREAKING ON TWO MISSING BOYS IN CAL CITY: Bakersfield Police are searching the lot on the intersection of Cottonwood and Pacheco in Southeast Bakersfield for any items of evidence that could lead to the boys. The area is near the Casa Loma apartments where the adoptive parents used to live. Residents previously held search parties around here. BPD would not confirm why they decided to search here today, they say it could be related to information attained during interviews, or a tip from the public.

Live Feed:
MISSING CAL CITY BOYS: The Bakersfield Police department confirms multiple agencies are searching the area of E Pacheco and Cottonwood Roads as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Orrin and Orson West.

Bayan Wang on Twitter
SEARCH UPDATE: The missing toddler brothers were not located during a Bakersfield Police Department search in Southeast #Bakersfield Saturday morning, BPD Sgt. Robert Pair confirms. BPD didn’t confirm whether any evidence in relation to the case was found at the search location

12:48 PM · Mar 6, 2021

Maps courtesy of @Dre

Search area:
upload_2021-3-6_14-56-39-jpeg.287225

Distance from Casa Loma Apartments (yellow blob): 2.4 miles:
upload_2021-3-6_15-1-6-jpeg.287229

MAR 7, 2021
CA: OFFICERS CONDUCT NEW SEARCH FOR MISSING BROTHER | CNN | wfmz.com

1:45 minute video includes a clip of Sgt. Pair and also RW, bio cousin of the boys, and LV.

RW doesn’t speak but LV says they searched in the field off of Cotton Rd and E Pacheco Rd in early January. She says they’ve been there multiple times and a few areas around there, isn’t sure if their search was as “wide” as the LE search, but says they didn’t notice anything suspicious or anything to contact law enforcement about.

MAR 6, 2021
Officers search for missing Cal City boys near Cottonwood and East Pacheco | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

"The search has been completed. As far as if any items of evidence of any value were located, I can't get into specifics," Sgt. Robert Pair, Public Information Officer, for the Bakersfield Police Department, said. "I can definitely say that the boys were not located, I think our reaction would have been a lot different if that occurred."

Sgt. Robert Pair with the Bakersfield Police Department would not go into specifics for why law enforcement was searching the field on Saturday, but said it's for one of several reasons.

"It's either going to be through a tip or the investigative process, whether that is evidence that has been located previously or an interview," Sgt. Pair, said.
Vasquez says nothing stood out to them when their search groups looked there in early January.

[...]

When the FBI and BPD officers were returning from the field to their care a crowd of of community members were there, cheering, clapping and shouting "thank you" to them for searching for the missing boys.

[...]

MAR 8, 2021
Rumors around Orrin and Orson West case lead to fighting among community members, one arrest | KGET 17
[...]

... speculation results in online arguments and finger-pointing.

[...]

One YouTuber, Doug Hutton, accused the neighbor of the adoptive parents in California City of being connected to the boys’ disappearance. That neighbor then put pictures of Hutton all over the adoptive parents’ house along with a banner asking “Doug Hutton, Where are the boys?” On Friday, Hutton saw the postings and took them down

“Then he went to the neighbor’s house, was walking around the house,” Walker said. “One of the people who lives in that house showed up, they had a confrontation in the street. We responded and had to deal with the confrontation. He ended up going to jail because he had some outstanding misdemeanor warrants.”

[...]

“Now I have to use my resources to respond to these incidents and deal with these incidents,” Walker said. “That is taking focus away from the actual investigation.”

MAR 9, 2021
Group pays for billboards in Kansas asking for help in case of missing California City boys | KGET 17
A group that follows cases involving child victims has paid for two billboards in Wichita, Kan., ...

Freddie Johnson of Warriors for Children Organization said there are plans to put up two more billboards next week. Johnson said the loosely-organized group is composed mostly of YouTubers who seek out cases where they can attempt to help children “who are victims of injustice.”

[...]

MAR 12, 2021
Bakersfield police conduct search at home of adoptive grandparents of missing West boys | KGET 17
17 News confirmed with California City police that a search warrant was served Friday at the East Bakersfield home of the adoptive grandparents of missing boys Orson and Orrin West.

Neighbors tell 17’s Raphael Stroud they saw police at the home Friday afternoon at a home on Potomac Avenue near South Owens Street.

[...]

To date, the adoptive family is not charged with a crime and it’s unclear if investigators found any evidence or they were following up on a tip.

Bakersfield police said they couldn’t answer questions on the matter until Monday.

MAR 12, 2021
Police search East Bakersfield home in connection to missing California City boys (turnto23.com)
[...]

The search took place at around 1 p.m. Friday afternoon in the 1100 block of E. Potomac Avenue at the home of the adoptive grandparents of Orrin and Orson West. Investigators were seen leaving with "brown bags" according to neighbor Vina Jefferson.

"Police cars that were out there. Out here two houses down and then they went all the way to the end of the block. They were in the yard, and then they stayed around for a while. Then four of them left. There were two still left, and they stay, maybe no longer than 30 minutes if that long, and then they left. But that truck that's in the yard wasn't there," said Jefferson.

[...]

MAR 15, 2021
BPD serves search warrant at east Bakersfield residence in connection with missing boys case | KGET 17
The Bakersfield Police Department confirmed that it served a search warrant on Friday at a home in east Bakersfield as part of its investigation into the disappearances of Orrin and Orson West.

The department did not provide any additional information about the warrant, saying that “limited information is being provided to protect the integrity of the investigation and ultimately safeguard any facts from being tainted. The public is strongly discouraged from making assumptions of guilt and dissemination of rumor and speculation.”

[...]

MAR 15, 2021
Bakersfield Police confirm search warrant was served to adoptive grandparents of missing boys (turnto23.com)
[...]

"Search warrants are a normal investigative tool used in all types of investigations, and a standard investigative/legal measure to protect the rights of persons," a BPD press release stated Monday. "Any inference of guilt or criminal activity based upon service of a search warrant is unfounded and contrary to its purpose. Limited information is being provided to protect the integrity of the investigation and ultimately safeguard any facts from being tainted."

[...]

MAR 15, 2021
Bakersfield Police Department | Facebook
[...]

This information is being provided in response to numerous media inquiries regarding the facts and circumstances of the search. Search warrants are a normal investigative tool used in all types of investigations, and a standard investigative/legal measure to protect the rights of persons. Any inference of guilt or criminal activity based upon service of a search warrant is unfounded and contrary to its purpose.

Limited information is being provided to protect the integrity of the investigation and ultimately safeguard any facts from being tainted. The public is strongly discouraged from making assumptions of guilt and dissemination of rumor and speculation.

[...]

MAR 15, 2021
BPD: Search warrant in east Bakersfield pertaining to missing California City boys is standard procedure | News | bakersfield.com
[...]

In a news release, the department said there have been numerous media inquiries regarding the facts surrounding the case. The BPD took over as lead agency in the investigation two weeks ago.

The news release stated that search warrants are a standard investigative tool and legal measure in a variety of cases. The BPD also cautioned the public against speculating and making assumptions of guilt during an ongoing investigation.

[...]

MAR 28, 2021
Adoptive grandma of Orrin and Orson West releases statement | KGET 17
Wanda West, the adoptive grandma of Orrin and Orson West, released a statement asking the community to continue searching for her grandsons. She writes about losing Orrin and Orson, but also her other four grandsons, when Child Protective Services took them in protective custody. West pleads with the community to continue the search for Orrin and Orson.

[...]

PLEASE HELP RETURN MY BABIES — A GRANDMOTHERS PLEA | by The West Family | Mar, 2021 | Medium
When I learned that two of my grandchildren, the youngest — Orrin and Orson, had disappeared this past December from their home in California City I was devastated. I am still devastated and in disbelief more than three months later that this has happened to these innocent babies and they have not been found. That they are not safe and sound at home with us is horrendous.

Less than 18 hours after their disappearance we made the heart wrenching choice to place their four brothers (my other babies) in the hands of the FBI for their protection. We had no clue what was happening or who was out there and in an instant all six of my grandchildren were gone. Out of my reach. I was shocked, hurt, worried, upset and confused.

[...]

Someone knows exactly where Orrin and Orson are and what happened in December. Come forward. God and our family has already forgiven you and you will be free from the guilt and burden I know you are carrying. These are babies who are loved and have an entire future waiting for them to explore. Release them and yourself from this. All we want are the boys back.

Children are to be loved, cared for and protected at all cost and to have your own grandchildren be stripped away by God knows who is a nightmare that will breakdown the strongest of us all.

[...]

With Love,

— Wanda West

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021
All pictures and videos of the boys that the extended family has were turned over to law enforcement - The West Family - Medium
All pictures and videos of the boys that the extended family has were turned over to law enforcement. We have not been together for more than a year as an extended family so pictures and videos of us all are limited given Covid-19.

If you are seeking to use any of the official images you will need to go through the Bakerfield Police Department because there are people out here who do not have the best intentions, legal history or behavioral practices.

We are not engaging with individuals and outlets who have prioritized misinformation, disinformation and flat out lies to make a name for themselves. There are numerous fake news stories coupled with the threats and harassment that have resulted in so many distractions in the actual search for Orrin and Orson.

"Someone knows exactly where Orrin and Orson are and what happened in December ... God and our family has already forgiven you and you will be free from the guilt and burden I know you are carrying," West's said in the statement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back