CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 7, 2021
California City boys Orson and Orrin West remain missing nearly 200 days later | KGET 17
[...]

The Bakersfield Police Department is in charge of the investigation. BPD Chief Greg Terry joined 17 News at Sunrise on Wednesday to discuss the latest in the case. Chief Terry said it is not a cold case and the department will continue to release updates periodically.

“Make no mistake, this is very important to us,” Chief Terry said. “A lot of resources have been devoted [to this case] and we will work until we have answers.”

[...]

JUL 23, 2021
‘Birthday Awareness’ planned for missing Cal City boy | KGET 17
Cincere-Bday-party.jpg

[...]

Orrin is going to be turning 5 years old in August. A celebration organized by his biological family and their supporters is set for August 8 at Skateland on Ming Avenue. Online raffles have also helped them fund giveaway bags for children who attend the party.

Well-wishers can also sign a digital birthday card on WhereAreTheBoys.com.

AUG 6, 2021
Bayan Wang Denver7
NOT THE MISSING BOYS: The heavy Bakersfield police presence at the Bena Landfill east of Bakersfield Friday, is not related to the missing toddler brothers Orrin and Orson West, who were reported missing in California City in December of 2020. Information about police activity at the landfill will be released at a later time, according to BPD.

8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Bayan Wang Denver7
Dozens have reached out to me about this in the last hour so I decided to post it here.

AUG 8, 2021
Group holds birthday celebration for missing Orrin West | KGET 17
Sunday marked 230 days since Orson and Orrin West were reported missing from their home in California City.

And while community members search for answers, they held a birthday celebration for Orrin who turned 5 years old on Wednesday.

[...]

A reward of $125,000 is available for information that leads to finding Orrin and Orson West. They have been missing since Dec. 21, 2020.

[...]

AUG 13, 2021
Missing California City boys to be featured on Investigation Discovery show | KGET 17
The case of missing California City children Orson and Orrin West will be featured on the season three premiere of “In Pursuit With John Walsh” on Investigation Discovery.

[...]

Investigation Discovery show to air segment about missing California City boys | News | bakersfield.com
[...]

The segment will air Wednesday. Viewers with information about the missing children can call or text 1-833-3-PURSUE or submit information at InPursuitTips.com

SEP 12, 2021
Bayan Wang Denver 7 | Facebook
MISSING BOYS: It's been about 9 months since toddler brothers Orrin and Orson West were reported missing in California City by their adoptive parents. On Tuesday, I discussed the investigation with a panel on Court TV (4:40 in video). According to the Bakersfield Police Department, authorities are still extracting information from multiple electronic devices seized in the investigation. I am told the public will be very surprised with how meticulous the investigation into the electronics are, once the investigation is concluded.

SEP 21, 2021
9 Months Missing: The search for California City boys Orrin and Orson West continues
  • The other children are still in CPS custody.
  • FBI, DA’s office et al still involved.
  • Billboards still up
  • Vigils each 21st (last night was at casa loma)
  • Next door neighbor in Cal City says that he only became aware boys were missing after he saw police the night of 12/21. He says he went around to neighbor houses to get people looking. He says he stayed out til about 2:30 am that night looking, an hour after law enforcement and helicopters left.

SEP 21, 2021
California City boys Orson and Orrin West remain missing 9 months later | KGET 17

The biological family of two brothers missing from California City still has no answers.

“Unfortunately, we are not unfamiliar with missing children in Bakersfield, so it’s something that we will continue to investigate until we come to the truth of these circumstances,” BPD Sergeant Robert Pair said. “We are not dealing with adults. It’s not like the national events where adults tend to leave bigger digital and life footprints.”

There have been countless requests for comment from the adoptive family but they have denied those requests.

“I just can’t wait for when the boys get some justice or just that they are either found alive – and if they aren’t, we just pray for justice and closure,” Wills said.

SEP 23, 2021
California boys Orson and Orrin West still missing 9 months after disappearance from home - ABC7 Los Angeles
[...]

Pair says detectives conducted a search for the boys Thursday, but wouldn't provide details.

[...]

Pair says they are keeping the case close to the vest, despite being accused of not working hard enough to find the boys because they are African American.

"The people working on this and the people that are invested in this, that's something that never even factors into it, and it's hurtful on a personal level," Pair said. "Nobody likes to be accused of that, but I think the product of the work when the truth comes to light is going to speak for itself."

[...]

RP lives directly behind the home the missing boys apparently shared with their adoptive parents.

... RP says she finds it bizarre the kids turned up missing from their adoptive parents' backyard, yet she never saw children playing in the yard and never noticed any children living at the home. RP says she only saw the man of the home coming and going at times.

"There's never been any kids there," RP said. "I don't believe the kids were ever here."

[...]

OCT 19, updated OCT 20, 2021
Missing in America: The case of Orrin and Orson West (newsnationnow.com)
[...]

“They may not remember me but I remember them,” said Charles Pettus, the boys’ biological father. “I’ll show them. I don’t how long it takes, how hard it gets. I will never give up.”

Bakersfield police have taken over the investigation and admit they are keeping the majority of their evidence under wraps.

“We have repeatedly investigated all plausible events that occurred and the investigation is not done,” said Bakersfield Police Sgt. Robert Pair. “We have not recovered the boys.”

[...]

OCT 21, 2021
10 months later: Orrin and Orson West remain missing from California City | KGET 17
[...]

Since their disappearance, the Bakersfield Police Department has taken over the investigation, but this has also been a headscratcher for those attempting to bring the boys home.

“It’s a puzzle and there are key pieces missing,” Bakersfield Police Department Sergeant Robert Pair said.

Key pieces that are slivers of hope the family of missing brothers Orson and Orrin have been gripping onto for the past 10 months.

[...]

JAN 21, 2022
California City boys have been missing 13 months (kget.com)
It’s been 13 months since brothers Orson and Orrin West disappeared in California City.

[...]

The boys’ biological father, Charles Pettus, has filed a lawsuit against Kern County alleging officials were negligent in taking the boys from their birth parents and placing them in the custody of the West family. A hearing on the suit is scheduled April 4.

Anyone with information regarding their disappearance is asked to call the BPD at 661-327-7111, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or Kern Secret Witness at 661-322-4040.

JAN 24, 2022
Biological family of missing Cal City boys file complaint against Kern County | News | bakersfield.com
[...]

The plaintiffs in the complaint include Charles Pettus, the biological father of the Orson, 3 and Orrin, 4, and Brenda Pettus, the biological grandmother of the boys. The complaint seeks compensatory and punitive damages and alleges that the “negligent hiring, training and supervision,” by the defendants caused “irreparable and severe emotional distress,” which will affect the family forever.

[...]

The complaint alleges Cinsere and Classic Pettus, the names given to Orson and Orrin West respectively, were taken from the custody of their biological family after an investigation was opened regarding abuse that was alleged by another family member.

However, the complaint states the boys were not under the supervision of their biological parents or grandmother when the alleged abuse took place. When Brenda Pettus said she could take custody of the children, CPS did not give her the boys, Castillo said.

“The defendants had a duty to the plaintiffs to investigate the safety of both the Pettus homes, welfare of the children and the safety of the environment, but negligently failed” when the brothers were taken from the care of any biological family members, the complaint alleges.

[...]

FEB 21, 2022
Cal City Boys: Orrin, Orson West still missing 14 months later (kget.com)
[...]

Those continuing to press for the search for Orrin and Orson gathered across from the Bakersfield Police Department headquarters in Downtown Bakersfield Monday for a vigil in remembrance of the boys.

The biological family organizes monthly ‘community prayers’ as a way of keeping the names of the boys in the limelight and preventing their case from going cold with hopes of finding them once again.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202
Back