CA CA - Otay, WhtFemale, 14-18, UP16712, homicide, burned, deformed right ear, extensive dental work, Feb'78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's so many parallels with the case of Karen Lynn Zendrosky
I believe someone distorted the timeline of Karen's Lynn Zendrosky's disappearance.
People reporting false dates of missing people ISN'T uncommon especially if they had a hand in their death. We've seen this is modern cases where people wait YEARS to report them and add tattoos and misleading descriptions of them.
BOTH this unidentified female in Otay, California and Karen Lynn Zendrosky were about the same height, age, weight, hair color, BOTH WORE OVERALLS, and BOTH had a malformed RIGHT EAR.
Plus they look very very similar.
Only they're 2700 miles away from where Karen allegedly lived. Maybe she went on a road trip. Then someone covered it up.
That's for law enforcement to look into.
I submitted this for comparison this morning.
Look at the comparison of the two.
Disregard the timeline for a second. Murderers DO lie.
It's better to submit and be incorrect than to not submit and be right.

No, don't think so... besides that coveralls are not overalls... why would we disregard the timeline(missing over a year after the UID)?

Who is the "lying" murderer in this case? "Karen was last seen at a now-defunct bowling alley in Bordentown Township, New Jersey on October 23, 1979" That can't be construed any other way.

Everything fits if you disregard enough facts. Step back and look at the information we have at hand.

In review of previous suggestions, I don’t see where Teresa Gail Cupps has been reviewed for a possible match.

Missing from OK sometime in 1978. I believe exact date may be unknown since Jan. 1st 1978 is the listed date. However, she is very petite same as UID. Brown hair and eyes. 19 years old.

No clear view of her ears, so we are unable to compare this important detail.

1664587861664.jpeg1664587977295.jpeg

Enhanced photo of MP Teresa Gail Cupps below for a better view of facial shape and features.

1664588095746.jpeg

No, don't think so... besides that coveralls are not overalls... why would we disregard the timeline(missing over a year after the UID)?

Who is the "lying" murderer in this case? "Karen was last seen at a now-defunct bowling alley in Bordentown Township, New Jersey on October 23, 1979" That can't be construed any other way.

Everything fits if you disregard enough facts. Step back and look at the information we have at hand.
The facts are the height, weight, age and ear malformation on the right ear, all are physical parallels that are evident in both, plus they look similar.
Timeline distortion has been going on since the dawn of crime.
Bundy, Gacy, Dahmer, Chris Watts, Summer Wells, the Harmony Montgomery case all used timeline distortion to cover themselves. Someone "saying" when someone went missing is NOT a fact
It's hearsay. Unless that person was in CCTV camera at the time or at a doctor's appointment, at a court procedong or incarcerated the statements given by the person questioned (who could actually be the suspect) could actually do something called "lying"
Only DNA testing will change my mind, I've seen this too often in older cases. Back then, family and friends weren't looked at like suspects, yet today modern homicide investigation has taught us otherwise. As have statistics. The story about Karen being thrown in a tar pit or hot spring was a real bugger. Seems like the more elaborate a story they made up the police would believe it.
Facts are a person Isn't going to kill someone and immediately drive to the police station and file a missing person's report.
Killers kill, and lying ISN'T that much of a stretch either for them.
I'm saying I believe in looking outside the date of ALLEGED disappearance.
It's proved effective many times.

The facts are the height, weight, age and ear malformation on the right ear, all are physical parallels that are evident in both, plus they look similar.
Timeline distortion has been going on since the dawn of crime.
Bundy, Gacy, Dahmer, Chris Watts, Summer Wells, the Harmony Montgomery case all used timeline distortion to cover themselves. Someone "saying" when someone went missing is NOT a fact
It's hearsay. Unless that person was in CCTV camera at the time or at a doctor's appointment, at a court procedong or incarcerated the statements given by the person questioned (who could actually be the suspect) could actually do something called "lying"
Only DNA testing will change my mind, I've seen this too often in older cases. Back then, family and friends weren't looked at like suspects, yet today modern homicide investigation has taught us otherwise. As have statistics. The story about Karen being thrown in a tar pit or hot spring was a real bugger. Seems like the more elaborate a story they made up the police would believe it.
Facts are a person Isn't going to kill someone and immediately drive to the police station and file a missing person's report.
Killers kill, and lying ISN'T that much of a stretch either for them.
I'm saying I believe in looking outside the date of ALLEGED disappearance.
It's proved effective many times.
I don't know @Detailz. IMO you are stretching possibilities far to much. Are you saying LE missed a scar on Jane Doe's right ear and an implanted plastic shield?

Would YOU believe everything that someone told you regarding a person's Disappearance in which they themselves had last contact with the Missing Person?

In review of previous suggestions, I don’t see where Teresa Gail Cupps has been reviewed for a possible match.

Missing from OK sometime in 1978. I believe exact date may be unknown since Jan. 1st 1978 is the listed date. However, she is very petite same as UID. Brown hair and eyes. 19 years old.

No clear view of her ears, so we are unable to compare this important detail.

View attachment 370015View attachment 370017

Enhanced photo of MP Teresa Gail Cupps below for a better view of facial shape and features.

View attachment 370018
I so love this enhanced pictures.

Just thinking aloud here, having just come upon this post. She was found in a rural area, and had overalls. Meperidine is also used in a farm/vet setting. Vet meds are not as regulated as human, especially back in that time. It probably wouldn’t be uncommon for a rancher/farmer to have a vial of meperidine. And that could easily cause an OD, maybe even more so than oral route.

NamUs #UP16712

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race/Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Late Teen / Young Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years): 14-18
Estimated Year of Death: 1978
Estimated PMI: 2 Days
Height: 5'1" (61 inches), Estimated
Weight: 88 lbs, Estimated (News reports give the range as 88-105 lbs)

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: February 14, 1978
NamUs Case Created: June 2, 2017
ME/C QA Reviewed: N/A
Location Found: Otay, California
County: San Diego County
Circumstances of Recovery: On February 14, 1978, the remains of an unidentified female were found next to the pavement of Proctor Valley Road in the rural area of Otay, San Diego County, California. Based on the condition of the remains, it is believed the decedent had been deceased for approximately 2 days
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Shoulder length hair that was styled in a ponytail and tied with a rubber band
Eye Color: Unknown (possibly brown)
Distinctive Physical Features: Right ear was malformed and slightly smaller than left ear, pierced ears, extensive dental work.

Clothing and Accessories
- White halter top with a blue flower pattern, and blue denim overalls (On the Body)
16712_77604.jpg16712_77610.jpg

News Coverage
"Body Found," Santa Cruz Sentinel, 24 February 1978, 25.
Body Found_ (1).jpg

"Body found on Proctor Valley Rd.: Sheriff tries to identify Jane Doe," Chula Vista Star-News, 9 March 1978, 12.
Body found on Proctor Valley Rd._.jpg

Not in their geo-area, but this victim's age and the public display of her body seems to be aligned with the Hillside Stranger victims. The "alleged" last victim was on 2/17/78. Their "territory" on all known victims is in the LA area. Otay is approx 137 miles away.

Forensic artist brings talent to Comic-Con to solve 1978 San Diego cold case

"It is art with a purpose. This is where I am meant to be," said Joe Mullins.

Author: Shannon Handy
Published: 6:00 PM PDT July 25, 2024
Updated: 6:00 PM PDT July 25, 2024

SAN DIEGO — While Comic-Con is full of fun and make-believe, one man is at the convention trying to solve a San Diego cold case using 3D art.
Located in Hall F between comic books and the Nickelodeon booth, you’ll find forensic artist Joe Mullins.

Throughout the four-day convention, he’ll be working on a sculpture in hopes of solving a San Diego cold case dating back to 1978.

"It is art with a purpose. This is where I am meant to be," said Mullins, forensic artist for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Mullins has had this job for 25 years, creating images that can help identify people who have gone missing or those who have been found but never named.

"We want somebody to see this and say, hey, I think I know who this is, and it doesn't work unless the right person sees it. So that's the ultimate goal. What better place to expose this to a new audience,” said Mullins.

The case Mullins is currently working on dates back to February 14, 1978.

The remains of an unidentified female were found off Proctor Valley Road in Otay. It's believed she was between 14 and 18 years old. She was wearing a white halter top with a blue flower pattern and blue denim overalls.

She had brown shoulder-length hair pulled back in a ponytail, pierced ears, with her right ear appearing smaller than her left, details Mullins will incorporate into this sculpture, which he'll work on and complete by the end of Comic Con.

The base of it is a 3D printout model of her actual skull provided by the San Diego Medical Examiner's Office, making the image as realistic as possible.

"What joe does to help bring these faces to life has resulted directly in the recovery and in the identification of these cases that we're working on," said Callahan Walsh, Executive Director of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

For him, the mission is personal.

In 1981, his brother Adam Walsh was kidnapped from a Florida department store.

His remains were found two weeks later. Following the tragedy, their dad, John Walsh became a child advocate, and the long-time host of ‘America's Most Wanted.’

“This case is an older case, but we know that family is still searching. We want to provide those families with those answers," said Walsh.

Walsh says the organization his parents founded is working on 600 unidentified remains right now, and while they're not all the same, it could take just a single tip to solve each one.

"Somebody out there knows who this child is. Somebody has that information," said Walsh.

"Even if one person sees it, that's all we need," said Mullins.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back