CA CA - Pamela Jean Spencer, 20, Santa Monica, 26 Jan 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the circumstances around a disappearance are always very relevant but in Pamela's case it's very important to know the right narrative for reasons to determine the location where to search for a possible Jane Doe.

Did she or didn't she arrive on the West Coast in person or only her van? The paper clipping states that she was last seen? in Santa Monica, even had an apartment there. From there hitchhiking to Malibu. Why would she have to hitchhike if there was a good working van? Makes no sense. Who lived in Santa Monica that she needed to be there? Or did she drive away from New York in her van, going to Santa Monica and something happened to her along the way? Did somebody steel her van? And by chance it ended up in Santa Monica, just the place she originally was traveling to....Isn't that too much of a coincidence? I'm a bit confused to be honest.

I think the circumstances around her disappearance are always very relevant but in Pamela's case it very important to know the right narrative for reasons to determine the location where to search for a possible Jane Doe.

Did she or didn't she arrive on the West Coast in person or only her van? The paper clipping states that she was last seen? in Santa Monica, even had an apartment there. From there hitchhiking to Malibu. Why would she have to hitchhike if there was a good working van? Makes no sense. Who lived in Santa Monica that she needed to be there? Or did she drive away from New York in her van, going to Santa Monica and got lost along the way? I'm a bit confused to be honest.
True. I found a Jane Doe found in NY. I know Pamela had ties to NY but apparently she was last seen in Santa Monica. I believe based on the PMI that the Doe would have died in 1973.
4209DFCA.jpg
Original

Everything and I mean everything matches but location IMO. I would love to hear opinions on this. This is one of the times I can't really tell how similar bone structure is between two people. I don't exactly know what it is.

<modsnip>

From the article posted above:

Sally Knipler. 20766 Pacific Coast Highway.

The address exists, it's in Malibu, but there is nobody living at that address at the moment. It's hard to find a trace of her. There is a S.K. who also went to a(nother) high school in Fulton County, NY with the approx. same birth year. After that no real traces to f.i. Malibu or Santa Monica. Maybe they made a spelling mistake or she was already married in high school.

I'm just having a hard time with the content of the paper clipping. In there is stated Pamela already went to Santa Monica three month prior to going missing. Listening to your story the content in the paper seems to have been completely made up. I don't believe that to be honest. There must be a core of truth in it. I don't think you make up an address and a name, just like that.

It would be best to contact the Malibu police or the Santa Monica police to find out what is known.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths welcomes all members who are participating in this discussion.
Please remember that any information you post as factual MUST include direct links to the MSM or LE source of that info, or your post may be removed.

**If you are close to this case, and have info to share based on your firsthand knowledge, you may post it without links ONLY IF you have been approved as a Verified Insider on Websleuths for this case. The process is linked below in my signature. If you have not been approved for Verified Insider status on this case, posts that share inside knowledge are subject to removal. NOTE: removed posts may be re-instated if VI status is approved.

Please do not pose questions to members who have not been approved for VI status. At this time there are no VI’s approved for this case. We encourage anyone who wants to share inside info to PLEASE APPLY by starting at the link below in my signature.

Thank you for your efforts to post according to the Terms of Service we all agreed to when we joined Websleuths.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Attachments

• Pamela Spencer - Malibu_Topanga_News_Thu__Mar_22__1973_.jpg
    Pamela Spencer - Malibu_Topanga_News_Thu__Mar_22__1973_.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 20
This Secret Witness article gives an actual address for Pamela's apartment.

You rock! @CCJD! Very interesting.

In this paper clipping it's saying she arrived 3 weeks (instead of 3 months, as stated in the other paper clipping) prior to her missing date (either 26 or 27 Jan. depending on the source) I sure wonder who the friends were that claimed that. If they were lying about that, why would they? At least this places her in Santa Monica before she went missing. Did LE confirm the apartment was really Pamela's or was it a living-in situation?

I wonder who lived in Malibu and why she didn't took the van to drive up there. Or did she arrive without the van? If the van wasn't near her apartment, were was it found? There is a sincere problem with the information out there and so is the timeline. Also having questions about the (girl)friend Ms. K and Pamela's boyfriend, who, as I understood from sources posted above were both waiting in Ms. K's apartment?

Who actually lived where? Was one of them living in Malibu on 20766 Pacific Coast Highway. According to the first paper clipping it was Ms. K.

IMO it's also questionable Pamela had already other"friends" over there, besides Ms. K and boyfriend. At least it sounds like that. Or are the "friends" mentioned Ms. K and the boyfriend and it's "bad wording" in the media? Was it a group of friends from New York that all moved to the Pacific coast? Where was the boyfriend from? How did they all knew each other?

A possible, totally other, scenario.
What if she arrived in Santa Monica with all her stuff and went living/stayed with her boyfriend, not telling this to her family. After three weeks she was fed up and she loaded all her belongings and her dog in her van and took off or at least was intending to and something horrible happened. Her body was ditched, the dog too and the van was parked somewhere (with all her stuff in there), sending LE around the bush. A few days later boyfriend calls family, saying she didn't arrive.

You see....something is very very off. So many thoughts and questions.

Could she be La Habra Heights Jane Doe?

Unidentified Person Case

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP4463Female, White / Caucasian
Date Found September 5, 1973
Location Found LA HABRA HEIGHTS, California

SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 20
Estimated Age Range14-20 Years
Estimated Year of Death1973
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 2"(62 inches) , Estimated
Weight102 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances of RecoveryOn 9/6/1973 the decedent was found in an open grave in La Habra Heights, CA.

Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description
Hair ColorUnknown or Completely Bald
Head Hair DescriptionHAIR LIGHT BR0 12 INCH L0NG,
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Right Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Eye DescriptionUnknown

Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Piercing
Pierced ear, nonspecific

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
C0RDUR0Y S-J LABEL PANTS, BLUE LONG SLEEVE SWEATER, BLUE TENNIS SH0ES
On the Body

Jewelry
G0LD C0L0RED EARRING WITH GRN/BLU ST0NE AND PEACE SYMB0L
On the Body

The clothing doesn't match the description of what Pamela may have been wearing, but she easily could have changed clothes before her murder (or the clothing estimates may have just been wrong).

I'm sure a reconstruction for this Jane Doe would help. I wonder why they never attempted it.
Dorothy Scott was also found in a shallow grave and has a similar appearance to this girl. There was a dog found over her shallow grave could it have been Pamela Spencer's missing dog? True Crime Diary

Last edited:
So, I emailed Doe Network about the potential match between Pamela and Sonoma County Jane Doe 1979. They said she has already been submitted to law enforcement, just hasn't been ruled out.
Does this mean they didn't rule a match out yet and it's still in the process. Or were they not able to rule her out for whatever reason/was it inconclusive?

Does this mean they didn't rule a match out yet and it's still in the process. Or were they not able to rule her out for whatever reason/was it inconclusive?
Idk about that. Mary Bell, the administrator at Doe Network, only said that Pamela was forwarded to police. She's not on the rule out list for Jane Doe. In fact, nobody is.

Idk about that. Mary Bell, the administrator at Doe Network, only said that Pamela was forwarded to police. She's not on the rule out list for Jane Doe. In fact, nobody is.
This means she was not excluded but is being considered. It would say something like "Your suggested match was already forwarded to Law Enforcement and was ruled out."

This means she was not excluded but is being considered. It would say something like "Your suggested match was already forwarded to Law Enforcement and was ruled out."
I'm sorry, but how could you be so certain this is what it means? Because they said wasn't ruled out according to @HmmMysterious

This photo was found in a storage locker owned by serial killer Rodney Alcala. He passed away recently. He is also known as the Dating Game Killer because he was actually on a game show and won a date with a contestant who later rejected the date because he creeped her out.
Does anyone else think they look alike?

20180816_221938.jpg

This photo was found in a storage locker owned by serial killer Rodney Alcala. He passed away recently. He is also known as the Dating Game Killer because he was actually on a game show and won a date with a contestant who later rejected the date because he creeped her out.
Does anyone else think they look alike?

View attachment 393983
Wow... is there any more info on this photo? It looks just like her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back