Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree National Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One problem with Paulides theory on people disappearing, and Bigfoot.

Either Bigfoot gets around really fast (maybe not by Uber, but some other means), or there are a species of Bigfoot across the nation which resides only in state and national parks.

Not sure I believe in Paulides' theory.
Paulides' facts and numbers aren't trustworthy, even before Bigfoot is factored in.

We discussed last year on Rachel and Joseph's thread the issue of what people are wearing when they head out hiking. It's often earth tones. For Paul it was reported only as dark shorts, gray backpack, no mention of t-shirt colour: possibly he would be as invisible as a rattlesnake, you could walk right up and not see him unless he moved, and we're assuming he wouldn't move.

Last edited:
O/T but yet not lol it was/is pretty much baby big horn season, fwiw...

Adorable baby bighorns - Penticton News

They are adorable!

I have some photos of big horn sheep (or were they mountain goats?) somewhere which I took at Estes Park, CO back in 2005. I should dig them up. Long before I owned a digital camera. LOL.

Well I hope there's some sort of development in this case soon, it's been a whole month since Paul went missing.

I think something that could give a lot of insight into his actual thinking at the time would be whether or not he was really an avid photographer and/or wildlife guy. I like taking snapshots, and have decent cameras, but will rarely devote more than a couple of minutes into getting a shot. As anybody knows, however, people that are really into photography, and especially wildlife photography, where the subject isn't often cooperative, can spend hours stalking that perfect shot. Given the lack of details surrounding Paul, maybe we'll never know his level of interest (I don't think it's sufficient that he was "an avid hiker" or "loved the outdoors"), but if someone could show that he had taken some high-quality photos (not snapshots) of other wildlife, or share anecdotes of some similar degree of aspiration, IMO that would lend a lot of credence to being a "man on a mission" to get some shots of bighorn sheep at the last minute of his vacation. As others have already pointed out, the timing of his hike was already suspect (not getting out earlier), and last-minute. I think it would be very helpful to LE and anybody looking for him to know if indeed he had demonstrated some level of devotion to wildlife photography and should be easily supportable if so. If that wasn't the case and it just appeared to be a crazy whim at face value, then my BS meter is going off big-time.

I think something that could give a lot of insight into his actual thinking at the time would be whether or not he was really an avid photographer and/or wildlife guy. I like taking snapshots, and have decent cameras, but will rarely devote more than a couple of minutes into getting a shot. As anybody knows, however, people that are really into photography, and especially wildlife photography, where the subject isn't often cooperative, can spend hours stalking that perfect shot. Given the lack of details surrounding Paul, maybe we'll never know his level of interest (I don't think it's sufficient that he was "an avid hiker" or "loved the outdoors"), but if someone could show that he had taken some high-quality photos (not snapshots) of other wildlife, or share anecdotes of some similar degree of aspiration, IMO that would lend a lot of credence to being a "man on a mission" to get some shots of bighorn sheep at the last minute of his vacation. As others have already pointed out, the timing of his hike was already suspect (not getting out earlier), and last-minute. I think it would be very helpful to LE and anybody looking for him to know if indeed he had demonstrated some level of devotion to wildlife photography and should be easily supportable if so. If that wasn't the case and it just appeared to be a crazy whim at face value, then my BS meter is going off big-time.

Ditto

BBM: These two thoughts (emphasis on the 'if') plus the failure of SIX DIFFERENT TRACKING DOGS to pick up a scent cause my hinkymeter to bury the needle. Plus another reason from the presser with the wife.
MOO
I remain (probably all alone) on my side of the fence.
My hinkymeter is digging holes in the ground, too. The presser makes my gut turn. At the very least, there has to be more backstory, something else going on that isn’t immediately obvious and that has bearing on Paul’s whereabouts.
I’m not even sure if I believe the whole sheep thing. Are there usually sheep at that spring? Otherwise, you have someone going on a hike, either that day or the day before. He sees sheep on that hike. He has forgotten his camera. He completes the hike at that time, then sets another time to take his camera, do the hike again, so he can photograph sheep? How likely is it that sheep would be in the same place? How likely is it that the sheep haven’t gone somewhere else?

Did anyone else see the post by Neil_witness yesterday afternoon? It was a fairly lengthy post explaining the reason he would not become verified at Websleuths and more about his quick sighting of Paul. Within minutes of being posted, it was gone. I wonder if he had a change of mind and deleted it?

Anyone else see it? Really, I'm not making this up!

Did anyone else see the post by Neil_witness yesterday afternoon? It was a fairly lengthy post explaining the reason he would not become verified at Websleuths and more about his quick sighting of Paul. Within minutes of being posted, it was gone. I wonder if he had a change of mind and deleted it?

I don't believe he could have deleted it. There isn't a process for that, here. He could have deleted the content, but that would leave his post--and it would show up on a search, but it doesn't.

I suppose he could have said something that got the mods to delete it. Or, if he had a change of heart, he could have reported on himself and begged the mods to delete it.

Do you remember anything that he said?

I read it as well. Didn't realize it was now gone though.

One problem with Paulides theory on people disappearing, and Bigfoot.

Either Bigfoot gets around really fast (maybe not by Uber, but some other means), or there are a species of Bigfoot across the nation which resides only in state and national parks.

Not sure I believe in Paulides' theory.

Paulides does not have a theory. If you know of one, can you give a quote or a link?

Paulides' facts and numbers aren't trustworthy, even before Bigfoot is factored in.

The only ones factoring in bigfoot are people who haven't read his books. He never, ever, gives any theories about the disappearances. Years ago he studied bigfoot. So what?

If anyone can give a quote or a link where Paulides says bigfoot is responsible, post it.

I saw it. You didn’t make it up. :)

I saw it too! He explained the whole sequence of events again very well. It’s too bad he deleted it or it was deleted. He wasn’t too happy with the speculation going on here.

Experienced searcher of these sheep, it seems you'll see them most when looking UP...which doesn't bode well as you tend to naturally want to keep a move on until u spy one then freeze frame.

Where are you Paul???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member