GUILTY CA - Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, violently attacked after assailant broke into their SF home, Oct 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@branmuffin yes, a VISA overstay is really not a big deal for immigration. He was inspected on entry. As long as he never left, he could have actually done the paperwork to be a legal permanent resident, with a waiver.

Would be interesting to know how he supported himself in the United States for this length of time, without eligibility for work.

It should be a big deal. According to the Centre of Migration Studies between 2016 and 2017 people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of individuals in the US illegally. I don't know if there is a more recent study but I would think during the years 2016 and 2017 David Depape should have shown up on that report. It would be interesting if he was on that report or whether it doesn't go back as far as 2000. Can you imagine how many illegals are in the country who came legally who let their visas lapse and have never shown up on any report.

It says the main source for information was unreliable.
I thought it was sort of odd NBC pulled their report due to the source of the info being unreliable. Mostly because the information they were reporting on, could have only come from 1 of 4 people.

The 2 cops that responded to the house, DD, or PP. As far as we've been told, they were the only 4 people on the scene.

So, that begs the question, which one of those 4 people are considered unreliable?

I thought it was sort of odd NBC pulled their report due to the source of the info being unreliable. Mostly because the information they were reporting on, could have only come from 1 of 4 people.

The 2 cops that responded to the house, DD, or PP. As far as we've been told, they were the only 4 people on the scene.

So, that begs the question, which one of those 4 people are considered unreliable?

We often hear news stories attribute information to “a source close to the investigation.” So that could potentially expand the source of information from the four who were at the scene to someone claiming to be more involved with the investigation than they actually were. That person could have either been mistaken or had a reason to distort the information they gave to NBC. It would really be interesting to know who the source is, but I doubt we ever will.

The first news from the 911 phone call was the dispatcher called for a wellness check. That would make the most sense as to why (only) 2 police officers were sent and knocked on the door. It was said early on also, but now has been removed that someone opened the door for them. It was also said that the police didn't know they were responding to the Pelosi house. The only thing not wiped from the news is the 911 phone call to the dispatcher. It's still a strange story. JMO

I don't think we know that. It is possible that the source was someone "with information about the investigation" meaning another officer or someone at the hospital who overheard the cops. Maybe a hospital employee who read something in PP's record? Or maybe just someone at the hospital? There's no way to know, but my guess is on the latter and if that's true, then it makes sense to me that person would be deemed unreliable and the story would be pulled. JMO.

The first news from the 911 phone call was the dispatcher called for a wellness check. That would make the most sense as to why (only) 2 police officers were sent and knocked on the door. It was said early on also, but now has been removed that someone opened the door for them. It was also said that the police didn't know they were responding to the Pelosi house. The only thing not wiped from the news is the 911 phone call to the dispatcher. It's still a strange story. JMO

The "wellness check" is misleading and was what some used to discredit this story from the start on social media. The cops were dispatched because PP called 911 and made it clear he was in danger.

I'm trying to figure out how I would react waking up to a complete stranger standing over my bed asking where my wife was. I've realized over the years people generally fall into two camps when woken up: instantly alert or befuddled.

I don't think it took long for PP to realize this guy DD wasn't there to get NP's autograph, that he was there to cause harm. Even if PP had a weapon in the bedside table would he have gotten to it or would he wonder whether DD was in possession of it before he woke him up?

Fight or flight are the two usual responses to danger but who's to say conversation doesn't fall under the fight category. Engaging the enemy doesn't always mean with weapons. I believe PP was trying to converse with the invader to stay alive. His call to 911 where he didn't outright say a man is here to hurt me or my wife was a very smart tactical move, imo. As so many say, "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away".
And that phrase proved prophetic since it took police ten minutes to arrive at the Pelosi residence. The link below shows that time is double what the usual response is of the SFPD. It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that a man wielding a hammer could inflict fatal injuries in seconds. And he almost did even in the presence of two police officers.

In the court case of Alex Murdaugh, it was brought to the jury's attention that when you dial 911, the call is recorded as soon as you hit that last "1", not when the call is received. The prosecutors let the jury hear that call from beginning to end. Dead silence until AM heard 'what is your emergency' that he started crying and behaving hysterically. If PP was conversing with DD before the dispatcher picked up the call I think they did a good job understanding from the cryptic way he was talking that something wasn't right and alerted LE.

What I can't get over is that the responding officers had no clue who lived at that address. Second in line of succession? Really? Isn't that just basic civics class in US schools? I noticed three days ago the SFPD posted a reminder of when to call 911.

I'm trying to figure out how I would react waking up to a complete stranger standing over my bed asking where my wife was. I've realized over the years people generally fall into two camps when woken up: instantly alert or befuddled.

I don't think it took long for PP to realize this guy DD wasn't there to get NP's autograph, that he was there to cause harm. Even if PP had a weapon in the bedside table would he have gotten to it or would he wonder whether DD was in possession of it before he woke him up?

Fight or flight are the two usual responses to danger but who's to say conversation doesn't fall under the fight category. Engaging the enemy doesn't always mean with weapons. I believe PP was trying to converse with the invader to stay alive. His call to 911 where he didn't outright say a man is here to hurt me or my wife was a very smart tactical move, imo. As so many say, "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away".
And that phrase proved prophetic since it took police ten minutes to arrive at the Pelosi residence. The link below shows that time is double what the usual response is of the SFPD. It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that a man wielding a hammer could inflict fatal injuries in seconds. And he almost did even in the presence of two police officers.

In the court case of Alex Murdaugh, it was brought to the jury's attention that when you dial 911, the call is recorded as soon as you hit that last "1", not when the call is received. The prosecutors let the jury hear that call from beginning to end. Dead silence until AM heard 'what is your emergency' that he started crying and behaving hysterically. If PP was conversing with DD before the dispatcher picked up the call I think they did a good job understanding from the cryptic way he was talking that something wasn't right and alerted LE.

What I can't get over is that the responding officers had no clue who lived at that address. Second in line of succession? Really? Isn't that just basic civics class in US schools? I noticed three days ago the SFPD posted a reminder of when to call 911.

Stepping into my verified physician role so I don't need to provide a link, though anyone can look it up if they want.

The common reactions to a traumatic incident are:
Fight -- confront the perp
Flight -- run from the perp
Freeze -- freeze in fear
Fawn -- avoid conflict by pleasing the perp

You hear of fawn a lot in cases of child abuse or in cases of abduction in which the person willingly went with the perp.

I don't think we know that. It is possible that the source was someone "with information about the investigation" meaning another officer or someone at the hospital who overheard the cops. Maybe a hospital employee who read something in PP's record? Or maybe just someone at the hospital? There's no way to know, but my guess is on the latter and if that's true, then it makes sense to me that person would be deemed unreliable and the story would be pulled. JMO.
I should have been more clear, as I meant that there were only 4 people on the scene who'd have first hand account of what NBC was reporting. It does appear someone said something to someone else, and that someone else gave an interview. Either way, I do think a big part of the skepticism to simply accept the MSM account as true and factual, has come about as the result of the MSM not always being entirely truthful, depending on subject matter.

jmo

I should have been more clear, as I meant that there were only 4 people on the scene who'd have first hand account of what NBC was reporting. It does appear someone said something to someone else, and that someone else gave an interview. Either way, I do think a big part of the skepticism to simply accept the MSM account as true and factual, has come about as the result of the MSM not always being entirely truthful, depending on subject matter.

jmo

That's fine and I'll be the first to admit the MSM has ruined its own rep, but in this case, I'm not relying only on MSM. I'm relying on police reports and what's been entered into the official record. I actually find it comforting that a member of the MSM pulled an article because they could not verify a source. It makes me trust them more, not less. JMO.

This article claims the call was a "high priority " wellness check?
<modsnip - discussing moderation on the thread>
my opinion only

Last edited by a moderator:

No, it doesn’t. It says:

“A suspicious Grimes then notified police for a wellness check.”

Grimes was the 911 operator who took PP’s call.

Later reports from the same source (the Guardian) do not mention a ‘wellness check’.

<modsnip - personalizing>

<modsnip - discussing moderation on the thread>
my opinion only
I agree, and it was reported that wellness checks are called in often. I still question why only 2 police officers were sent to the Pelosi house, and at least reported (now retracted) they didn't know the house they were being sent to was the Pelosi house. And why did PP open the door to the officers and not just run past them?

"Mr. Pelosi opened the door, they were both holding a hammer and the police observed Mr. DePape pull that hammer away and then strike Mr. Pelosi," she told reporters after the hearing.".

MOO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a police classification wellness check? This is used to classify events in which there is no specific reason to believe someone is in danger, but the person hasn't showed up at work or hasn't be reachable by family, so police check to make sure the individual is okay. This wasn't that is my point. I could be wrong on that though as I'm only going by what I think is true about law enforcement operations.

I can see where the confusion lies, but if wellness check is an actual police designation, then "well-being check" is a poor choice of words because it implies there was no immediate danger they were aware of. What we know about the situation through the police report negates that.

MOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper