CA - Paul Perez, 57, killed 5 of his infant children in 2007, Yolo Co, *Arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is another report about the developments in this case:

Father who allegedly killed 5 infants arraigned in Yolo Superior Court – Daily Democrat

He has actually plead not guilty:

A silence fell over the courtroom, amplifying the sound of every sniffle, as Paul Allen Perez stood in an adjoined holding cell waiting to be arraigned.

The 57-year-old father is accused of killing five of his infant children between 1992 and 2001 — including Nikko Lee Perez whose body was discovered by a fisherman at Conway Slough just east of Woodland in March 2007.

Accompanied by Public Defender Tracie Olsen, Perez appeared in front of Judge Peter Williams at Yolo Superior Court on Tuesday and pled not guilty to charges including five counts of murder with enhancements for lying in wait and torture.

Does anyone on here know which NAMUS case the original unidentifed remains were? I see this DoeNetwork page and the NAMUS has been removed:

3058UMCA

But then some of the media reports indicate that this was a different infant found submerged in the same area?
I think that's the one, Namus #UP7482. The details were still up on Monday, so they've been removed since then.

Preliminary hearing for father accused of murdering 5 infants won’t happen in February – Daily Democrat

January 31, 2020 at 2:48 pm
A preliminary hearing for Paul Allen Perez, scheduled to take place in early February, was vacated Friday morning.
[.....]
In Yolo Superior Court on Friday morning, the preliminary hearing set to begin on Monday, Feb. 10 was canceled to give attorneys more time to review details of the case.

A pre-hearing conference to check on progress made was scheduled for Monday, March 9.

Perez will continue to remain in Yolo County Jail on a no-bail hold.

Suspected serial baby killer uncovered by fisherman's catch

February 7, 2020
At the bank of a muddy canal in the United States, on a March evening in 2007, the fisherman raised his bow and arrow.

He shot at a fleeing carp and missed. But the arrow kept sinking, as the Woodland Daily Democrat reported at the time, and Brian Roller could feel that he had caught something much bigger.

When he hauled the catch out of the cloudy, still water, northwest of Sacramento, California, the arrow had pierced a metal cooler.

Inside the cooler was a tiny body, badly decomposed, along with a nappy. The infant was bundled in a Winnie the Pooh blanket smeared with dirt, and wrapped in plastic, according to a 2007 Yolo County Sheriff's Office coroner's report.

Monday, March 9th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ am PT) – CA – Nikko Lee Perez (b. Nov. 8, 1996 in Fresno, found March 29, 2007 east of Woodland in an irrigation slough), Kato Allen Perez (b. 1992 in Merced, known to be dead), Mika Alena Perez (b. 1995 in Merced, not found), Nikko Lee Perez (b. 1997 in Fresno, not found) & Kato Krow Perez (b. 2001 in Fresno, not found) - *Paul Allen Perez (57/30 @ time of first crime) arrested & charged (1/23/20) & arraigned (1/28/20) with 5 counts of premeditated murder with special circumstances of lying in wait, torture & multiple victims, 4 counts of assault on a child under 8 with force likely to produce great bodily injury resulting in death & criminal enhancements for his prior convictions. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Nikko was identified thru enhanced DNA technology. Perez was arrested at a State prison in Delano days before he was expected to be released on unrelated charges. He is convicted sex offender. Alleged murders occurred: on or about Oct. 21, 1992 (Kato Allen); sometime between Nov. 2 1995, and May 2, 1996 (Mika Alena); sometime between Nov. 8, 1996, and May 8, 1997 (Nikko Lee, child found in Woodland); sometime between Oct. 29, 1997, and April 29, 1998 (Nikko Lee #2); and between April 16, 2001, and Oct. 16, 2001 (Kato Krow). The Yolo County coroner's report in 2007 lists the cause of death for Nikko Lee Perez as blunt force trauma, describing numerous broken bones. Investigators have since discovered the remains of a second baby, Kato Allen Perez, but would not disclose where or how the baby was found. The remains of the three other infants have not been located.
1/28/20 Update: Arraignment: plead not guilty, held without bond. Next Preliminary hearing on 2/10/20. 1/31/20 Update: In Yolo Superior Court on Friday morning, the preliminary hearing set to begin on Monday, Feb. 10 was canceled to give attorneys more time to review details of the case. A pre-hearing conference to check on progress made was scheduled for Monday, March 9.

Court cases involving deaths of children being decided – Daily Democrat

March 9, 2020
Paul Allen Perez, accused of killing five of his infant children between 1992 and 2001, appeared in Yolo Superior Court Monday morning.

Judge David Reed scheduled his preliminary hearing for Tuesday, May 26. A prelim was originally set to take place in February but was canceled to give attorneys more time to review details of the case.

Estimated to last one week, a status conference to ensure that the defense and prosecution are ready to proceed will happen on Tuesday, April 7.
[.....]
If convicted, Perez could face life in prison without the possibility of parole or the death penalty. Reisig’s office is still deciding if it will pursue the death penalty.

there's gotta be more charges coming for other people
he's not the only one who knew what he did, again and again

I'm wondering what is up with the mother(s). I know for the two I could find in the California birth index, the mother's maiden name was the same. It's a common surname so it could be two different women, but I tend to think it's the same one.
I wonder if they are safe and accounted for.

This is awful. I’m a bit worried for the mother(s) in this situation. She could be in on it but maybe not, and if not these babies are likely not the only victims. How horrible. Why go to the trouble of impregnating and having them carry to term if the outcome is this?! Gahhh maybe I don’t want to know the answer to that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back