Found Deceased CA - Philip Kreycik, 37, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, 10 Jul 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this friend is doing an amazing job searching for PK. That is a tremendously difficult thing to do---such a physical, time consuming, emotionally stressful task. I have great respect for this friend and I appreciate all of the detailed answers to those questions.

I have to say---I was leaning towards a voluntary disappearance. But after reading the texts and knowing that LE was able to read many of PK's communications w/other's in the recent past...I am now leaning away from that scenario.

I do think he may have had a bad incident--perhaps heat stroke, or a fall down a ravine...:(

The AMA is even odder than I expected. The extraneous and flowery details and writing style, given the circumstances...
Sorry for the ignorance, but "AMA" is "ask me anything," correct?

I don't understand the need for someone in PK's life to put himself front and center like this, what benefit does it have in the search for PK?

Nearly 2 Weeks Pass And Still No Sign of Missing East Bay Runner

July 23
Recently, a tip came in from a woman who said she spotted a distressed looking man running under a bridge on a trail on the night that Kreycik went missing.

Volunteers spent the day Friday following up on that tip, combing the trail, knocking on doors, checking to see if anyone has home security cameras that may have captured any sign of Krecyik.

I'm extremely curious as to what might come of this. Is there any information about the location of this bridge?

I don't understand the need for someone in PK's life to put himself front and center like this, what benefit does it have in the search for PK?

Yes, AMA = ask me anything.

The running partner/friend had a lot of helpful information. It seems he was the last person to see PK other than perhaps some strangers at the post office. He offers insight into PK's state of mind the night before his disappearance and also valuable information on PK's running habits. He has taken a lot of burden off PK's immediate family members who are doubtlessly devastated, overwhelmed, and also busy taking care of a baby and a toddler.

Yes, AMA = ask me anything.

The running partner/friend had a lot of helpful information. It seems he was the last person to see PK other than perhaps some strangers at the post office. He offers insight into PK's state of mind the night before his disappearance and also valuable information on PK's running habits. He has taken a lot of burden off PK's immediate family members who are doubtlessly devastated, overwhelmed, and also busy taking care of a baby and a toddler.

He had so much insight, knew Philip and his life so thoroughly — but didn’t even know if Philip drank beer. IMO, this man’s grandiosity and aggressive driving of the narrative is a huge honkin’ red flag.

I think the intention was to clear up a lot of confusion and misinformation about Philip and what happened, is happening. When the public is asked to help, and they do, it is important to keep them informed of correct information. There is a tremendous amount of local volunteerism to find Philip, a lot of information, rumors, and questions were floating around.

He had so much insight, knew Philip and his life so thoroughly — but didn’t even know if Philip drank beer. IMO, this man’s grandiosity and aggressive driving of the narrative is a huge honkin’ red flag.

The text could have meant “if you don’t drink beer tonight” not “I don’t know if you drink”.

that’s how I read it anyway. Maybe Philip didn’t always drink before a run. Has anyone said how long they have known each other?

IMO

“I suspect Philip just bit off more than he could chew.” - Source, Chris’s Facebook answers.

IMO, this seems to contradict earlier statements regarding his vast experience and physical condition. Why go into so much detail regarding beers the night before and dismiss it as “phoning it in,” during an easy run, then claim that he was overcome by weakness the morning after?

His running partner, at any rate, does not suspect foul play. His theory is that Philip was unprepared and suffered the consequences.

It’s also worth noting that his running partner did not seem to know Philip all that well, as he texted Philip “if you don’t drink I’ll happily bring another cold beverage of your choice…” on 7/9, per the text exchange he posted. If people are close, they tend to know each other’s positions re: drinking.

An admin on FB claimed that the beer remained cold because they had stopped at a bar; this appears to be false based on the text exchange offering to bring beer in the first instance.

I also know what kind of beer my close friends like, don't you? Yet C had to ask PK. C didn't even know the type, so PK explains IPA, or porter, stout.

I have no reason to suspect that Chris is anything but a concerned friend, I'm just of the opinion that he is not an authority on PK.

I also know what kind of beer my close friends like, don't you? Yet C had to ask PK. C didn't even know the type, so PK explains IPA, or porter, stout.

I have no reason to suspect that Chris is anything but a concerned friend, I'm just of the opinion that he is not an authority on PK.
I was also thinking that I wouldn’t have to ask my close friends if they drink, or what they like to drink…it would seem that if they were planning to possibly meet up and spend time with Chris’ family in Mammoth that they were fairly close and not just casual running acquaintances. There was also mention (in the text thread of the doc) about them camping together. Again, which leads me to believe that they were quite close. I don’t want to cast suspicion on the friend but…idk, just something feels off. IMO

“Red flag” for what?

One red flag that he doesn’t have as much knowledge about Philip as he claims. Another red flag is when an individual inserts themselves into an investigation.

I’ll sit on my hands for now, as I’ve probably violated TOS for even bringing up something that is not coming from an approved media source.

I was also thinking that I wouldn’t have to ask my close friends if they drink, or what they like to drink…it would seem that if they were planning to possibly meet up and spend time with Chris’ family in Mammoth that they were fairly close and not just casual running acquaintances. There was also mention (in the text thread of the doc) about them camping together. Again, which leads me to believe that they were quite close. I don’t want to cast suspicion on the friend but…idk, just something feels off. IMO

Chris invited him. Philip demurred politely. I got the feeling that Philip was deflecting his “advances” and didn’t want to commit to anything more than a short run. IMO MOO

Regardless of how well they really knew each other outside of running, having someone who knows your running habits leading a search effort and being a spokesperson seems like a really fortunate thing for PK and his family. As for beer, I'd have picked whichever wasn't the watermelon wheat beer (blech). Sounds like CT just picked out a few random cans to bring along.

Just to clear up my confusion....they were meeting up to drink beer/alcohol before going on a run?!?

If so.....

Well, that can't be good, all that liquid sloshing around in your stomach before strenuous activity.

Not to mention the alcohol may make you woozy.

I don't know anyone who drinks alcohol before any sports or physical activity. It's a no from every angle. It should be water or isotonic drinks only really.

The fact that these highly-experienced ultra-terrain marathon runners did it, just defies belief.

What feels the most off for me is the lack of a body or any evidence at all that PK ran anywhere in that park. If he collapsed from heat stroke I would expect his body to be found by now. Something, anything! The search has been extensive, yet nothing. That is why I can't rule out a voluntary disappearance.

One red flag that he doesn’t have as much knowledge about Philip as he claims. Another red flag is when an individual inserts themselves into an investigation.

I’ll sit on my hands for now, as I’ve probably violated TOS for even bringing up something that is not coming from an approved media source.

I agree with you and have some theories as well.

I hope LE carefully reads the Google Doc from the AMA. It’s a goldmine, if you ask me!

Just to clear up my confusion....they were meeting up to drink beer/alcohol before going on a run?!?

If so.....

Well, that can't be good, all that liquid sloshing around in your stomach before strenuous activity.

Not to mention the alcohol may make you woozy.

I don't know anyone who drinks alcohol before any sports or physical activity. It's a no from every angle. It should be water or isotonic drinks only really.

The fact that these highly-experienced ultra-terrain marathon runners did it, just defies belief.
In the middle of the run, which had never happened before in them doing club running together since Chris did not even know if Philip drank any alcohol. Carrying 3 cans of cold beer in a running vest also seems cumbersome and it would get shaken quite a bit. The beer focus, even on who chose first and the name was strange to me. There was a 3rd guy running with them on Friday who P did not know. He is in some of the photos included in the google doc, he drove separately from Chris and P.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member