CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to read the whole thread, things can get distorted so quickly. Theories come to mind, but I think I'll just refrain for now and read.

WHy have they not looked at the fact the she could of picked him up? He could of left on a bike or streetbike out of an alley entrance without cameras. They could of gone to a hotel. So, where was he at 8:30pm and on? Wifey could of gone to bed at 8:30pm, then Phuong could of picked him up.

There aren't any alleys, his house is in a pretty secluded community. Here is a map of it:

Community where Nguyen lives

What I find interesting is his apparent claim that the neighborhood surveillance cameras establish he was home all day. I would've thought his wife would've been his alibi ~ so where was she that evening? I would also think his cell phone records could show where he was. I'm also curious just how far his house is from where PL's car was found, i.e. could they share the same cell tower. I agree with Pat Brown's assessment that the way her car was found does look like she could've met someone in the parking lot and was talking to them there, with her car still in sight. MOO

Maybe she found out about the affair and confronted Phuong.

Maybe she found out about the affair and confronted Phuong.
I'm wondering the same thing. He's establishing his own alibi saying surveillance would've shown him leaving home, limiting his conversation with PL to her issues about handing out the salon flyers, but there's no mention of where his wife was or if she knew anything about the relationship. :waitasec:

Things I find notable from an updated version of KTVU article:

Missing Woman Had Relationship With Ex-Boss

"Phuong Le ‘s brother, Huong, said the family has been told that the missing woman was having a relationship with Thuc Nguyen, her former boss and friend of the family."

and

"“As far as we know, they were having a relationship,” Huong Le told KTVU. “It was an intimate relationship.”

“We (Le’s family) never expected this,” he added.

Huong Le said Nguyen has been in touch with the family and police said he was cooperating with their investigation.

“We’ve spoken a couple times, he's constantly calling me and asking me if I have any new information…It’s pretty disappointing (that his sister was seeing Nguyen). He’s married and has two kids,” said Huong Le.

And here is the map showing the route from his house to the Barnes and Noble, and from the Barnes and Noble to his business:

Map

A is his house. B is B&N and C is Postal Express.

And here is the map showing the route from his house to the Barnes and Noble, and from the Barnes and Noble to his business:

Map

Well, that answers my question about the cell towers. It seems if his house is that far from the B&N, there would be more than one tower. MOO

A missing nursing school graduate had a relationship with her former boss, but authorities said Monday that he was not a suspect in her mysterious disappearance from a Fairfield book store more than a week ago.

snip

police said he was cooperating with their investigation

snip

They said was not a suspect, but that no one has been completely ruled out of the case.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/23289495/detail.html

Map

Right, could have had a car at the golf course:waitasec:

On NG, it was explained that the brother had said the FRONT windows were either non-functioning or only working intermittently, which is why she would leave the BACK windows down to facilitate ventilation. I wonder if the car had an a/c.

1- last call on her cell phone was 6pm to "former boss" (but this was just the brother's take when he looked at the phone... we don't know what other calls were on it or what time they took place... ie: RECEIVED CALLS)

2-witness sees her in the coffee area of B/N between 8 and 8:30. That is a short amount of time. Is she waiting to meet someone?

3-LE says she had a romantic relationship with her former boss/family friend/married man

4-search warrants were served on his business and home

5-boss man says he didn't have a thing to do with "it" ((nice choice of words family friend)) and says that video can put him at home during that time. Well, what REALLY was the time? The car wasn't found until 3am. Is the former boss saying that his whereabouts have been verified up to and including that point? For some reason I think NOT. What was probable cause for the search warrant? For the record... while semantics are nice, I am not buying that LE does not consider him, at the least, a person of interest at this time

LE wants this guy to think he is not a suspect. jmhoo

@ danisia: ITA (((great map)))

Well, that answers my question about the cell towers. It seems if his house is that far from the B&N, there would be more than one tower. MOO
jmhoo but that "call" could have been a 'meet me here at such and such a time'..

considering the walking trails that danisia just posted what if she left her stuff in the trunk and WALKED OVER THERE????

sorry to back to back post.... but I have a really hinky feeling that she left her stuff in her trunk and walked to meet him. No, I bet he DIDN'T leave home... not too far anyway.

Question: has the area around his home been searched? Also, early reports say K9s were in the parking lot... of course they let 48 hours go by before investigating and dogs could have lost the scent trail...but if they even got a whiff of her heading toward Boss's house... well that coupled with the phone calls, etc, could be probable cause for Sws.

Also, anyone wondering why her brother was shown a picture of the boss from the get go?

You will have to use streetview and put the address in. I tried my link and it is not working correctly.

Today, detectives confirmed the two had been in a relationship, but deny rumors Le was pregnant.

Nguyen has not been named as a person of interest in the case nor has anyone else.

This had come out much earlier today, about LE saying she was NOT pregnant....although how anyone can know this, is beyond me, unless they have test results. The only way I can think of is that she had taken a pregnancy test and it was negative and they have this info.

Phuong Le could have seen a doctor. Cell phone would have record of calls to and from a doctor. I agree with NB and Dani - the back trails MUST be looked at. I hope someone calls in in this tip!~

sorry to back to back post.... but I have a really hinky feeling that she left her stuff in her trunk and walked to meet him. No, I bet he DIDN'T leave home... not too far anyway.

Question: has the area around his home been searched? Also, early reports say K9s were in the parking lot... of course they let 48 hours go by before investigating and dogs could have lost the scent trail...but if they even got a whiff of her heading toward Boss's house... well that coupled with the phone calls, etc, could be probable cause for Sws.

Also, anyone wondering why her brother was shown a picture of the boss from the get go?

Regarding the picture of the boss - I bet there was a picture of him on her cell phone. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett