CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do we know about the boss? Age? How long a family friend? Did they get the spelling of HIS name right? I sleuthed around some and found nothing on that spelling, there was more with the spelling as THU and THUY; nothing on the Postal Express site. I don't like what my heart did when I read that her friend/boss is a male...

Thuy is a woman's name. Thuy Nguyen is an extremely common Vietnamese name. Don't know about Thu, though.

I just read this entire thread, and it's really making me worried for Phuong. :(

I just read this entire thread, and it's really making me worried for Phuong. :(

Same here. It doesn't look good. I'd be interested to know just how strict her parents are tho. It is possible she decided to take a break from it all...especially since LE didn't get involved immediately... JMO.

Did I read they took DNA from her whole family? Wouldn't they be able to obtain her DNA from toothbrush or whatever? It makes me wonder if they are looking at family members...

Yes, they took DNA from the family. They can get hers from a hairbrush/toothbrush, they don't need her family's DNA for that unless they didn't have any DNA comparison objects from her.

Could be to rule out/compare any evidence they have found or will find in the future.

They do this in many missing person cases.

The reporter on the video said they were taking DNA from Phuong's parents and brother. I don't know enough about DNA to know why they wouldn't take any other siblings.

ETA: I also don't know if the reporter was accurate :)

Another thing I'm wondering about. Her brother said she had a regular routine, went to b&n every night, and would go there when she needed to cool off. Sounds like her #1 place to go. I like b&n too :)

It's been reported that at 12 midnight, the family got worried about her not returning home. That's when her brother left the home to go looking for her.

I would think b&n would be among the first, if not the very first, place he'd check. But he says he didn't find her car for 4 hours.

Now it could be that he knew b&n would be closed, and so didn't bother going there first, and that it was only after checking places that were open and not finding her that he decided to go look at b&n even if it was closed.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_14983097?nclick_check=1

- Le does not have a boyfriend, and is "a very quiet, reserved, family oriented person," Manio-Renta said.

- Le was not the type of young woman to take off for a few days, and did not even like to sleep at a friend's house, or stay overnight in a motel, friends and family members said.

"She would never do that. She's not the type of girl who would do that," brother Huong Le said.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_14983097?nclick_check=1

So, friends don't know of her having a boyfriend. Makes that unlikely but not impossible. I wonder if b&n and the fitness center can confirm that she spent as many hours at their places as she was gone from home, or if there have been regular unaccounted for hours she's been gone from home recently.

And both friends and family say she didn't like staying at a friend's house or overnight in a hotel - that goes against my earlier posted idea that she may have gone off with a friend and ended up staying there for a few days.

came in to see how the search is going and so sad they haven't found Phuong yet! And non real news...

The search is still on for a missing Fairfield, California nursing student, 24-year-old Phoung Le, vanishing without a trace Sunday night from a local Barnes & Noble bookstore. We learn, the family was called to the police station for questioning last night and DNA samples were taken from the parents.

corner_wire_BL.gif

According to Le’s brother, he called Suisun City police around 3:30a.m. the Monday following his sister’s disappearance after discovering her car in the Barnes & Noble parking lot. Huong Le says Suisun police checked the scene but were called to another emergency, telling him to lock up Le’s car and take her backpack home.
Moments ago at a news conference, Fairfield and Suisun police, who are now both actively working the investigation, announce they have cleared up a communication gap between the family and investigators. Detectives have not identified anyone who would want to hurt Le and say there is no indication of foul play at this time, but are still exploring the option that something terrible happened to the young nurse.
They also allegedly did not impound Le’s 1997 white Honda Accord until Tuesday. Investigators have combed over Le’s bedroom and purse taking credit cards, a digital camera, her passport and social security card. They are also looking at her computer and cell phone records.

(snip)
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...items-in-search-for-missing-california-nurse/

:seeya: Nancy Grace is talking about Phuong tonight.

Nancy is talking with reporter Henry Lee. LE held news conference earlier. No signs of Phuong or foul play. DNA samples taken from parents in case of a development. Social security card taken by LE from Phuong's room at the house. Only one witness saw her at Barnes & Noble. Nancy asking why LE didn't take her DNA from objects in home. NG wants to know if PL bought anything at B&N; reporter says can't find her on surveillance tape at store and doesn't know about a receipt. Another reporter saying LE will keep a lot of things close to the vest and may not be releasing all information. In news conference today, LE said they were working a lot of things behind the scenes; not even family may be aware of.

On NG: caller wants to know why 48hrs before PL was reported missing. Her brother is on the show saying he was told she is an adult, not "important" (?) like she could be out someplace and not missing. Reporter Lee says LE acknowledged there was a miscommunication.

PL last seen at B&N by a witness at 8:30pm Sunday. Car was found in parking lot of Fairfield Mall where B&N is located. Purse, cell phone & wallet found in the car trunk. Back windows half-way down; not unusual since brother says front windows don't always work.

And, Pat Brown, self-proclaimed criminal profiler has not yet named anyone a psychopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV