Identified! CA - Police searching for car seen in video driving off CA hwy cliff, 30 Dec 2019-ID Tracey Sinclair

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Been following and from one of the comments in this news link the person feels that the Video may have been faked because they are saying they dont see any dust behind the wheels as it goes into the parking area and off the cliff.

I tried to slow down the video and I also do not see any dust which I would expect some dust to be trailing behind the wheels. I cant tell if the spokes are turning on the wheels, but even if the wheels are turning then without seeing dust, it does bring up the possibility that the video itself was maybe faked?

If that vehicle really did fly off that cliff, then my guess right now is the driver fell asleep at the wheel. I dont see any braking either so if a person dozed off , then the car may have done just what it did.

Its a scary video to watch. I hope LE is able to get to the bottom of what happened and if it was a fake video I hope LE charges the person with something because it is costing money for LE to investigate and of course danger to themseles as they try to look around that dangerous cliff and maybe even put divers in the water which would be risk to their lives.

Police searching for car seen in video driving off highway cliff in California
It says in video there are tire tracks and car parts in ocean. Though they haven’t verified same vehicle.

8 days after car plunged off cliff on Highway 1, 'nothing's changed' in search

Practically vanished.
So sad.
We may never know.
I wonder if it was a medical emergency or a suicide ?

Found some other links but mostly older ones.

See It: SUV plunges off cliff on California highway

"...California Highway Patrol told the Mercury News that the choppy surf stymied the search effort.
“The conditions are just too dangerous for them to continue a search,” a rep told the paper, “and that’s expected today and for the next couple days as well.”

I can respect their decision not to put any more lives at risk !

Car drives off California cliff; officials unable to find SUV, driver
Caught on camera: Vehicle plunges off cliff along California’s Highway 1 | FOX2now.com
"...The base of the cliff has water that reaches up to 40 feet deep.
Search crews went looking for the car and the driver. They have only found tire tracks and car parts.
Authorities are investigating what caused the crash..."

Video: Car drives of CA ocean cliff near SF, disappears | The Sacramento Bee
"... California Highway Patrol officers in San Francisco shared footage that captured the incident on Facebook, writing Thursday afternoon that “the witness was able to stop and assist the investigating officers by providing a statement and this video captured on their dash cam. The dash cam video confirmed the incident.”
Search crews called off the search due to dangerous water conditions, according to CHP, and the surf remained treacherous through Thursday morning...."

Video shows car driving off Highway 1 cliff in San Mateo County; search suspended - SFChronicle.com

That area looks beautiful.

But dangerous , and there doesn't appear to be many barriers put in place for vehicle safety.
Imo.

Can someone alert a mod to put the date in the thread title?
I don't know how to.

It happened December 30, around 11 am.
Would make it easier when checking for missing people.
Yes, I missed that. Sorry.

If it was a suicide; that's somehow worse than an accident because the person may have wanted to end it all; but more lives could be at risk trying to find the bodies and the car.
And also trying to find answers.
No sign of anyone missing their loved ones yet.

Been following and from one of the comments in this news link the person feels that the Video may have been faked because they are saying they dont see any dust behind the wheels as it goes into the parking area and off the cliff.

I tried to slow down the video and I also do not see any dust which I would expect some dust to be trailing behind the wheels. I cant tell if the spokes are turning on the wheels, but even if the wheels are turning then without seeing dust, it does bring up the possibility that the video itself was maybe faked?

If that vehicle really did fly off that cliff, then my guess right now is the driver fell asleep at the wheel. I dont see any braking either so if a person dozed off , then the car may have done just what it did.

Its a scary video to watch. I hope LE is able to get to the bottom of what happened and if it was a fake video I hope LE charges the person with something because it is costing money for LE to investigate and of course danger to themseles as they try to look around that dangerous cliff and maybe even put divers in the water which would be risk to their lives.

Police searching for car seen in video driving off highway cliff in California
Ita.
There should indeed be charges if this was faked. :mad:
Lives are at risk trying to locate the car and occupant(s).

Video shows car driving off Highway 1 cliff in San Mateo County; search suspended
A man driving northbound south of Gray Whale Cove along San Mateo County’s scenic cliffside drive on Monday morning saw a dark-colored sport utility vehicle drive straight off the cliff instead of curving with the road, according to the California Highway Patrol. His dash-cam recorded the incident, officials said.
The witness pulled off at a safe place and called the CHP at 10:37 a.m., Diaz said.
An officer spoke with him on the phone before arriving at the scene at 10:58 a.m.

Diaz said he believes the video and the witness are credible.
We don’t suspect that this is bogus or that he was being anything other than truthful,” Diaz said.

I think police said they don’t believe fake. Tire marks on cliff and parts of a vehicle found in ocean.

Exactly.
I’m sure L.E. vetted the witness’ video.
They brought out the Navy Seals sonar not to mention hours & hours of other searching.
That said, if you think about it ...the witness timing, the dash cam footage...what are the odds. Evidently this happened. Looks very surreal.

Does anyone remember the case of the missing man from either Canada or South America who was missing from the LAX area with his rental car SUV? It was within the last year or so.. I’m trying to find the case on here.. I know there was a thread. He was a scientist or physicist.. he had been out of work and was in the Los Angeles area for a possible work opportunity/interview.. anyone remember? For some reason that case came to mind when I watched the dash cam video... ‍♀️

Does anyone remember the case of the missing man from either Canada or South America who was missing from the LAX area with his rental car SUV? It was within the last year or so.. I’m trying to find the case on here.. I know there was a thread. He was a scientist or physicist.. he had been out of work and was in the Los Angeles area for a possible work opportunity/interview.. anyone remember? For some reason that case came to mind when I watched the dash cam video... ‍♀️
I remember that thread, but I can't remember the man's name or the dates. I think he had connections to S. America and/or part of Europe, and was either a doctor or a scientist? Not sure if he's ever been found.

Video shows car driving off Highway 1 cliff in San Mateo County; search suspended
A man driving northbound south of Gray Whale Cove along San Mateo County’s scenic cliffside drive on Monday morning saw a dark-colored sport utility vehicle drive straight off the cliff instead of curving with the road, according to the California Highway Patrol. His dash-cam recorded the incident, officials said.
The witness pulled off at a safe place and called the CHP at 10:37 a.m., Diaz said.
An officer spoke with him on the phone before arriving at the scene at 10:58 a.m.

Diaz said he believes the video and the witness are credible.
We don’t suspect that this is bogus or that he was being anything other than truthful,” Diaz said.
If the guy pulled right over and called LE, and had the footage there on his dash cam, I don't see any way it was faked.

If he had gone to a police station with the video, much later on, then I'd be suspicious. But if he was showing it to them from his dash cam, 20 minutes after it happened, it has to be real, imo.

I remember that thread, but I can't remember the man's name or the dates. I think he had connections to S. America and/or part of Europe, and was either a doctor or a scientist? Not sure if he's ever been found.
Yes, I believe we’re thinking of the same man. I can’t place the date exactly either. I believe he was a scientist. I’ve been trying to search websleuths for his thread.. no luck

Yes, I believe we’re thinking of the same man. I can’t place the date exactly either. I believe he was a scientist. I’ve been trying to search websleuths for his thread.. no luck

(I’m curious now, marking.)

(ETA:
Found it I think:

CA - CA - Dr. Enrique Garibay Ruiz, 51, Los Angeles, 6 Oct 2017)

yes!!! You found it! Thank you margarita25! It’s been driving me bananas. I’m going to see what vehicle is missing with him.. I’m curious..

it looks like it was a RAV4. Toyota and Lexus are owned by the same umbrella company and their SUVs have nearly the exact same body details so it’s possible the cliff car was a Toyota? I’m not sure how it was identified.

UPDATE (1/3/20): Search For SUV That Plunged Off Highway 1 Cliff Suspended

A witness reported seeing the vehicle headed northbound on Highway 1 go over a cliff near Devil’s Slide and Gray Whale Cove State Park on Monday morning. In the video obtained by KPIX 5, which was also sent to authorities, a vehicle believed to be a green Lexus is seen missing a sharp turn, going full speed over the edge.

Video Of Purported Highway 1 Cliff Plunge Surfaces; Search For Driver Continues

it looks like it was a RAV4. Toyota and Lexus are owned by the same umbrella company and their SUVs have nearly the exact same body details so it’s possible the cliff car was a Toyota? I’m not sure how it was identified.
My sister says it’s the Lexus 350 RX. she has one. Not that that helps but jeez you’d think a family would be missing a family member and this vehicle. Or like we’ve said before at least a car rental company.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back