Found Deceased CA - Rachel Nguyen, 20, & Joseph Orbeso, 21, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, 27 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing really new, just sad. :(

http://www.kesq.com/news/investigat...ers-father-continues-search-for-son/624709907
As we first broke here on KESQ, there is an active search for Orbeso and Nguyen outside of the park. We've learned the U.S. Marshals now getting involved, sending four agents to the area to follow some leads. I asked Orbeso if he thinks there's a possibility the pair are somewhere else.

But, that doesn't stop this father from driving in from the Los Angeles area every Saturday to search for clues in the park.

The sun is just coming up at Joshua Tree National Park and a handful of people have come out on a Saturday to help Orbeso search for his son.

A dedicated group of people will not allow Orbeso to go alone to search for his son, they have promised to meet him every weekend to make sure they map out and grid search ten-acre sections of the rough terrain, brave the triple-digit heat with safety in. Some are former Joshua Tree Search and Rescue members who know the risks.

God bless their hearts as they keep searching.

So Joe was a legit security guard. However the LB public golf course is far from armed private security. Joe has no military experience and no California CCW (from what we know) he was not a private contractor.

As far as being a "survivalist" I think its more likely that Joe had an interest in survivalist TV shows. He did live with family so this is not some mystery man. If his dad says he was not a "survivalist" then he's not. The preparation it takes to go on backpacking trip does not go unnoticed.

I slightly disagree. It's not common for someone having 4 different hallucinogens, unless they were a dealer. Not to say Orbeso was, he seemed to be a bit more upstanding. Given that MSM is often wrong, I'm going to assume perhaps there were maybe four different drugs, one possibly being a hallucinogen.
Mushrooms, acid, dxm, E, ketamine and a zillion synthetic club/rave drugs....if you opened 100 college desk drawers right now on the east or west coast you'd find at least 2 in half of them or more. A small amount of each... enough for 2 people, is a birthday party not a dealer. Nothing in the news reports indicated a substantial amount.

Also... peyote in the desert is so common an idea, it's positively a cliche.

Additionally, dealers don't bring their stash on vacation, I would think.

Again, MOO.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Watching this video again: http://www.kesq.com/news/missing-hikers-spotted-outside-joshua-tree-national-park/623782662

There's a huge gap in the timeline.

A neighbor of the AirBnB where RN and JO stayed Wed night saw them leave BEFORE 6 AM Thursday Morning (27 July)

Security cameras at the West entrance of JTNP recorded RN's car entering at 6:45 AM Thursday (27 July)

It's only about 8 miles (a 15 minute drive) from the Air BnB house to the West Entrance: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34....,-116.3048187,6449m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

Why did it take them close to an hour to arrive at the park?

Did they stop somewhere for breakfast?

I'm not sure if a military background is a requirement, however, I do agree most private contractors I have known are former military or police.

Not a requirement, no, at least from a legal point of view, but your chances of being being employed by a UK contractor for an overseas or hostile environment context are in practice nil without good soldiering experience.

After I posted that above I found the article linked in post#718 which says JO was a security guard at a golf course. That is a different type of security and makes the situation less suspicious, IMO. I do wonder where JO's firearm is currently located...

The mind boggles about the need for armed guards on a golf course.

Also... peyote in the desert is so common an idea, it's positively a cliche.

Peyote did cross my mind the other day. I wondered if there was any possibility they had gone off into the desert for one or both of them to do a vision quest type of thing that then went very wrong.

Does anyone else find it curious that only Joseph's family has been heard from or is searching? Crickets from the Nguyen camp.

Watching this video again: http://www.kesq.com/news/missing-hikers-spotted-outside-joshua-tree-national-park/623782662

There's a huge gap in the timeline.

A neighbor of the AirBnB where RN and JO stayed Wed night saw them leave BEFORE 6 AM Thursday Morning (27 July)

Security cameras at the West entrance of JTNP recorded RN's car entering at 6:45 AM Thursday (27 July)

It's only about 8 miles (a 15 minute drive) from the Air BnB house to the West Entrance: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34....,-116.3048187,6449m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

Why did it take them close to an hour to arrive at the park?

Did they stop somewhere for breakfast?

I notice it too. I chalked it up as them probably getting breakfast, gas and provisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else find it curious that only Joseph's family has been heard from or is searching? Crickets from the Nguyen camp.

Have we even heard from any of her friends? I can't remember. Someone claiming to be a former coworker of hers posted here but then never got verified and never came back to tell us more.

Yes, it's very curious that there's no word from her family.

Also, only 5% of college students report using hallucinogenic drugs in the past year. Even doubling for lying, please stop trying to normalize this.

I notice it too. I chalked it up as them probably getting breakfast, gas and provisions.

Possibly. It seems like there are not many places to stop in Joshua Tree. If they had breakfast or got gas there should be evidence of that. Video. Witnesses. Maybe debit card transactions. We have never heard about any of those things. I suppose it's possible LE has that info and didn't release it, just like they never told about a witness claiming to see them outside the park. I find it strange that the video of her car arriving at the park is not being released. And I'm stumped at why the US Marshals Service would get involved. US Marshals track fugitives. They also operate the witness protection program.:thinking:

Possibly. It seems like there are not many places to stop in Joshua Tree. If they had breakfast or got gas there should be evidence of that. Video. Witnesses. Maybe debit card transactions. We have never heard about any of those things. I suppose it's possible LE has that info and didn't release it, just like they never told about a witness claiming to see them outside the park. I find it strange that the video of her car arriving at the park is not being released. And I'm stumped at why the US Marshals Service would get involved. US Marshals track fugitives. They also operate the witness protection program.:thinking:

Yes it is quite strange. I've never heard a missing persons case where US Marshalls were involved.

Their involvement was a red flag for me too, then I dismissed it as just being another resource. Circling back, I find it odd again. Namely because it sounds like it's recent. Why would it have not been sooner? Unless they now think they might have been murdered and they're on the hunt for that person.

Yes it is quite strange. I've never heard a missing persons case where US Marshalls were involved.

I just did a search and realized the Marshals do get involved in some missing persons cases when it involves trafficking. They track down and arrest the traffickers. However, I don't see anything in this case to indicated trafficking. :dunno:

This case just keeps getting more and more curious. The Marshalls being involved in this opens up a whole different can of worms about what is going on in this case.

I just did a search and realized the Marshals do get involved in some missing persons cases when it involves trafficking. They track down and arrest the traffickers. However, I don't see anything in this case to indicated trafficking. :dunno:

Maybe authorities suspect that Rachel was abducted and is being trafficked. I suppose it's a real possibility. There's also the fact that Rachel and Joseph used to be romantically involved and at the time they disappeared were just friends. They went to JT for her birthday yet it was just the two of them. For people that young, birthdays are a pretty big deal and aren't typically spent celebrating with one person. But little is known about RN and who she is/was as a person. JMO. This story unravels in peculiar directions with every new report that comes out.

I had the same exact thought. Breakfast, meeting someone but it doesn't take 45 minutes to go from the airbnb to the gate at the W entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0