Found Deceased CA - Rachel Nguyen, 20, & Joseph Orbeso, 21, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, 27 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they were recruited for something nefarious. Ya know, domestically or perhaps abroad even....

Just throwing out other ideas... I wonder that about some folks that go missing, where they were "recruited" for something somewhere else. Trying to be delicate here, and not get us too far off track, but really, this is eerie.

RSBM. The witness claims he saw RN and JO with another couple. We don't know who that other couple would be if the witness is correct. The other man in Aug can NOT be Javier because he was in Japan. Police DID verify that the house was rented by other people. It's possible that two couples stayed there and one happened to look like RN and JO. It's also possible that the unknown couple rented it and RN and JO came to visit them there on the day prior to going missing in the park and the witness is just confused on which days he saw them. JMO.

Also, Javier did not claim they went to Palm Springs. Here is what was said after LE contacted Javier in Japan:

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_2cf62e4c-7590-11e7-8e48-031b2ad967e7.html

Right. I think EW may have just confused the two couples with JO and RN and maybe did see JO when he actually was there with Javier and sublimely combined the recollections. Also perhaps JO was with another woman when he was there the first time, further murkying things things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. I think EW may have just confused the two couples with JO and RN and maybe did see JO when he actually was there with Javier and sublimely combined the recollections. Also perhaps JO was with another woman when he was there the first time, further murkying things things.

*Subliminally

I admit, the "looking at restaurants and shops" struck me as odd the very first time I heard it way back when. (I believe there was even some elaboration that the looking around was in anticipation of bringing RN there later, to see what was there ahead of time.) And now, seeing that phrase again, I am again wondering, "really?" Come on...

Namely considering the restaurant options in Twentynine Palms are pretty straightforward. I think the Denny's is the height.

I'm reading back though the thread again and this when we first heard about the scouting trip:

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_36ecaa0c-74cd-11e7-b21d-7f12f205cac2.html

Now that I look at this quote I am struck by something. The idea that JO and Javier had been to the park to "look at hiking trails" was in the reporter's words. The NPS official ONLY said it was a "scouting trip" and didn't mention anything about trails in that quote. Maybe JO and Javier were "scouting" something else. Given their professions, maybe they were scouting for a future op? :thinking:

just to go "scouting" is odd to me.. going somewhere new for the 1st time is half the adventure.. it's not like joshua tree is out in the sticks.. there was a lot of cars driving by when I was there a couple weeks ago, and summer is the slow season. Something nefarious does seem afoot.

This is getting fishy. I don't even know what to believe. It's like a DVD movie with 5 different endings and you don't know which is the right one. I didn't believe it before but I'm starting to think they were never lost in the park now... Just so odd for them to find footprints so far away from their cars and NO footprints in between. Do you think it's possible someone did something bad to them in the desert and carried them away over a shoulder afterwards?

RSBM. The witness claims he saw RN and JO with another couple. We don't know who that other couple would be if the witness is correct. The other man in Aug can NOT be Javier because he was in Japan. Police DID verify that the house was rented by other people. It's possible that two couples stayed there and one happened to look like RN and JO. It's also possible that the unknown couple rented it and RN and JO came to visit them there on the day prior to going missing in the park and the witness is just confused on which days he saw them. JMO.

Also, Javier did not claim they went to Palm Springs. Here is what was said after LE contacted Javier in Japan:

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_2cf62e4c-7590-11e7-8e48-031b2ad967e7.html
I will not be surprised if this new stuff is a wild goose chase. If you read the actual article, as of last night anyway, LE said they had already looked into it and the guy had misidentified and was definitely not them.

Also, 4 types of drugs isn't a totally big deal to me. Kids in their 20s do drugs, it's not odd or unusual. If it was her birthday perhaps the trip was his gift to her and included a "trip" in the park as part of it. I'm not saying is smart but I'm saying it's likely not overly uncommon. I remember a case in LA a few years back of exactly that--tripping in the national forest, got separated, got lost... luckily got found too. Young adults can be responsible and irresponsible at the same time.

Eyewitnesses are incredibly unreliable.... particularly if cross-race.

And father's version, I tend to discount...what young folks tell their parents and what they actually do are frequently completely different. As parents, we only find out the lies, misdirection and fibs when something bad happens...like here...

I don't know where they are and if inside or outside the park, but I think his job, the eyewitness, the particular airBnBs, the pal in Japan, the crime in the area, etc are just distractions overall.

JMO
MOO

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Man found dead in Joshua Tree desert
5 hours ago

Snipped...
...Due to the suspicious circumstances, detectives from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Specialized Investigations Division, Homicide Detail, were requested and are conducting the investigation.

Read more: http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_e7588c5e-9f10-11e7-a734-8f8dcc056620.html

ETA: his-story from a year ago http://z1077fm.com/arrest-for-burglary-drugs-in-twentynine-palms-joshua-tree-and-landers/

I will not be surprised if this new stuff is a wild goose chase. If you read the actual article, as of last night anyway, LE said they had already looked into it and the guy had misidentified and was definitely not them.

Also, 4 types of drugs isn't a totally big deal to me. Kids in their 20s do drugs, it's not odd or unusual. If it was her birthday perhaps the trip was his gift to her and included a "trip" in the park as part of it. I'm not saying is smart but I'm saying it's likely not overly uncommon. I remember a case in LA a few years back of exactly that--tripping in the national forest, got separated, got lost... luckily got found too. Young adults can be responsible and irresponsible at the same time.

And father's version, I tend to discount...what young folks tell their parents and what they actually do are frequently completely different. As parents, we only find out the lies, misdirection and fibs when something bad happens...like here...

I don't know where they are and if inside or outside the park, but I think his job, the eyewitness, the particular airBnBs, the pal in Japan, the crime in the area, etc are just distractions overall.

JMO
MOO

It was the drugs all being labeled as hallucinogenic that struck me. Especially for what sounds like a short trip. It's been a long time since my experimentation days but you didn't hear about kids mixing hallucinogenic drugs much when I was a teen 13 years ago. Ecstasy, maybe, but I believe it's classed as an amphetimine? Maybe I'm wrong on this, it just seemed odd to me.

New interview with Joseph's father: http://www.kesq.com/news/investigat...ers-father-continues-search-for-son/624709907

Some quotes:
As we first broke here on KESQ, there is an active search for Orbeso and Nguyen outside of the park. We've learned the U.S. Marshals now getting involved, sending four agents to the area to follow some leads. I asked Orbeso if he thinks there's a possibility the pair are somewhere else.

"Yes always that's why we did, announced in the media a reward cause of the possibility they may be out of the park"
But, that doesn't stop this father from driving in from the Los Angeles area every Saturday to search for clues in the park. He tells Devine he's just recently learned that authorities had been looking into some leads concerning his son and Nguyen, including alleged sightings at another Airbnb in the area and the discovery of 4 types of hallucinogenic drugs at the house they had rented.
"It was very hard, you know, and I can say that we were close to Joseph and mom always talked to Joseph and he was pretty responsible," says Orbeso.

Orbeso says, if he could talk to his son he would tell him he misses him and he loves him. And, even with seemingly new leads outside of the park, he says he won't stop his Saturday trek to Joshua Tree National Park.
"As long as it takes, I'm driven, and he's our son, we love him, as long as it takes."

Orbeso says he is encouraged the by new information that U.S. Marshals are helping in the investigation to find his son and Rachel Nguyen. I reached out to Nguyen's family and they are not speaking out publicly on the case at this time.

JMO
MOO

I slightly disagree. It's not common for someone having 4 different hallucinogens, unless they were a dealer. Not to say Orbeso was, he seemed to be a bit more upstanding. Given that MSM is often wrong, I'm going to assume perhaps there were maybe four different drugs, one possibly being a hallucinogen.

The information being put forth now has always been out there. I did my best to place them in here as JMO however many were shot down . I do not believe they are lost /perished in JT. I stated before. Start with the trip that he made two weeks prior with his friend ( now living abroad) and work forward to the events of the morning the car pulled into that parking area.

I don't understand why so many of you are taking Orbeso's Air B&B profile so seriously. I don't believe that Orbeso did any private security work, from what we know he was a student and unemployed. This information would have already come up if it were true (guard card, firearm license). In fact the more I hear about Orbeso (survivalist and armed security guard??) the more I think he was delusional.

Also, the fact that 4 different substances were found only says that he is excessive and a bit delusional.

I don't understand why so many of you are taking Orbeso's Air B&B profile so seriously. I don't believe that Orbeso did any private security work, from what we know he was a student and unemployed. This information would have already come up if it were true (guard card, firearm license). In fact the more I hear about Orbeso (survivalist and armed security guard??) the more I think he was delusional.

Also, the fact that 4 different substances were found only says that he is excessive and a bit delusional.

You could be right but what is there to discount that he was an armed security officer at some point? Why lie about it?

I don't know how seriously we can take the occupation on AirBnB but I've never heard what he did for a living before this. LE has stated to the media that his friend is "deployed" to Japan. There is a large military base in 29 Palms. IMO, It makes sense to draw a conclusion that his friend is military. We have no idea how they know each other but there are often private security contractors working in the same areas as American armed forces. In my opinion, it's not too out there to think a 21 year old could be a private security contractor. We also have a previous interview with a friend of JO's that said he was a survivalist. People doubted it because his father said something to indicate that he didn't think JO was an avid hiker. Now we have found a social media profile in which JO himself says he is into hiking and survivalism. Maybe his dad didn't know what all he was up to? Or maybe he was working undercover in coordination with authorities and LE doesn't want to reveal that. IDK. I don't really know what the gun laws are in California. Are you saying if he had a legal firearm he would have to be listed in some public database?

I don't know how seriously we can take the occupation on AirBnB but I've never heard what he did for a living before this. LE has stated to the media that his friend is "deployed" to Japan. There is a large military base in 29 Palms. IMO, It makes sense to draw a conclusion that his friend is military. We have no idea how they know each other but there are often private security contractors working in the same areas as American armed forces. In my opinion, it's not too out there to think a 21 year old could be a private security contractor. We also have a previous interview with a friend of JO's that said he was a survivalist. People doubted it because his father said something to indicate that he didn't think JO was an avid hiker. Now we have found a social media profile in which JO himself says he is into hiking and survivalism. Maybe his dad didn't know what all he was up to? Or maybe he was working undercover in coordination with authorities and LE doesn't want to reveal that. IDK. I don't really know what the gun laws are in California. Are you saying if he had a legal firearm he would have to be listed in some public database?

Btw Today is Joseph's 22nd birthday.

I am re-reading old articles and apparently it was always put out there that JO was a security guard but I never noticed that info before. :facepalm:

Orbeso, who attended Lakewood High School, took Nguyen to Joshua Tree National Park to celebrate her birthday, said Young, adding the pair had dated but most recently were friends. Orbeso, a security guard at a Long Beach golf course, loves the outdoors.

“He’s in very good shape, always carries knives when hiking and is a survivalist,” Young said. “He is also the most respectful, honest, and straight-forward person you will ever meet.”
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/01/friends-hold-hope-missing-couple-is-found-alive-at-joshua-tree/

So he is not any type of military contractor but he did have a legit security guard job. Now this info makes me less suspicious that this was any big op related to his occupation, unless he was moonlighting...:thinking:

I don't know how seriously we can take the occupation on AirBnB but I've never heard what he did for a living before this. LE has stated to the media that his friend is "deployed" to Japan. There is a large military base in 29 Palms. IMO, It makes sense to draw a conclusion that his friend is military. We have no idea how they know each other but there are often private security contractors working in the same areas as American armed forces. In my opinion, it's not too out there to think a 21 year old could be a private security contractor.

I was under the impression that the private security contractors in places like Iraq and Afghanistan are ex-military. Certainly the British ones are, with a few ex-police in advisory policing-type roles. I've not seen any suggestion that Joseph has any sort of military background.

I was under the impression that the private security contractors in places like Iraq and Afghanistan are ex-military. Certainly the British ones are, with a few ex-police in advisory policing-type roles. I've not seen any suggestion that Joseph has any sort of military background.

I'm not sure if a military background is a requirement, however, I do agree most private contractors I have known are former military or police. After I posted that above I found the article linked in post#718 which says JO was a security guard at a golf course. That is a different type of security and makes the situation less suspicious, IMO. I do wonder where JO's firearm is currently located...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0