Found Deceased CA - Rachel Nguyen, 20, & Joseph Orbeso, 21, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, 27 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joseph stayed there with his friend Javier July 12-July14 (2 weeks prior to going missing). The new witness interviewed says he saw RN and JO at that same house after they had been reported missing from July 27- Aug 1, along with another couple staying there. LE has known about the witness statements since Aug 4th. LE checked into it and says there was no evidence of RN and JO at the house during that time but they confirmed other people were staying there.

It's all in this news report: http://www.kesq.com/news/missing-hikers-spotted-outside-joshua-tree-national-park/623782662
I got confused with some of the articles and even as recent as yesterday thought JO and Javier stayed at the Hollinger/Chikapee house, because EW is featured next to the Hollinger house. Thanks for clearing it up.

It really upsets me that's the house host considered them deceased within days of them being reported missing. In July she posted her farewell message to them on Joseph's profile. She must know something we don't.

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/68727718

It really upsets me that's the house host considered them deceased within days of them being reported missing. In July she posted her farewell message to them on Joseph's profile. She must know something we don't.

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/68727718

I'm sorry, but that is an extremely unfair comment. Imagine how you would feel, you host guests who get lost in the brutal heat of the July desert (you live there so you know how muderously deadly it is), you feel a need to express your sorrow and sense of loss. On that basis some conspiracy theorist who never met either of the missing people accuses you only of somehow having offed them.

I think it's intolerable how conspiracy theories are taking over this and other threads on websleuths and I think it completely undermines the value of the forum.

I'm sorry, but that is an extremely unfair comment. Imagine how you would feel, you host guests who get lost in the brutal heat of the July desert (you live there so you know how muderously deadly it is), you feel a need to express your sorrow and sense of loss. On that basis some conspiracy theorist who never met either of the missing people accuses you only of somehow having offed them.

I think it's intolerable how conspiracy theories are taking over this and other threads on websleuths and I think it completely undermines the value of the forum.
No one has accused the host of offing anyone, just finding it upsetting that she wrote the lost people off as deceased before the searching was even completed. People have been lost up to 6 days there and survived. They weren't even missing a few days and she assumed they had died. That seems a little fast, considering everyone else in the world including SAR was holding out hope they would be found alive even 10 days later. No conspiracy, just facts.

****POSSIBLY JOSEPH'S SUNGLASSES FOUND ON THE NORTH TRAIL.****

http://www.kesq.com/videos

Found them several weeks ago! That’s awful that there was no reliable person to report it to. Reminds me of all the posts I’ve read on Tom Mahood’s blog about his negative interactions with the officials and JTNP employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****POSSIBLY JOSEPH'S SUNGLASSES FOUND ON THE NORTH TRAIL.****

http://www.kesq.com/videos

It sure took enough time for anyone to get with Joseph's father so he could see them. From what I've seen, they are not the same sunglasses he had on in the picture.

Having a misprint phone number on the poster is bad. How can anyone with clues get ahold of anyone?

And in this news segment I noticed they did say the US Marshalls were coming on the case.

At least now they have a place to look for items that might give an idea they were at least in that area.

Found them several weeks ago! That’s awful that there was no reliable person to report it to. Reminds me of all the posts I’ve read on Tom Mahood’s blog about his negative interactions with the officials and JTNP employees.

It is a bit puzzling. This story was all over and everyone in that area knew about it. I think there is a matter of a communication breakdown. Like a a game of telephone, crucial info gets disseminated and not all the facts are properly presented. The glasses did seem to pass through several hands.

Gah....why are they allowing all those people to touch them!? I would think they could possibly check those for fingerprints or DNA? I was full of anxiety watching everyone touch them. I hope they do some follow up with those glasses. It would be a great piece of evidence that they are really in that park or were there at one point in time.

Gah....why are they allowing all those people to touch them!? I would think they could possibly check those for fingerprints or DNA? I was full of anxiety watching everyone touch them. I hope they do some follow up with those glasses. It would be a great piece of evidence that they are really in that park or were there at one point in time.

Even with several people touching them, they could determine if the owner was Joseph through proper testing.

It is a bit puzzling. This story was all over and everyone in that area knew about it. I think there is a matter of a communication breakdown. Like a a game of telephone, crucial info gets disseminated and not all the facts are properly presented. The glasses did seem to pass through several hands.

Absolutely! I would be really upset if I was Joseph’s dad. He hikes there every weekend looking for him and weeks ago he could have had a possible clue of where he might be found.

Absolutely! I would be really upset if I was Joseph’s dad. He hikes there every weekend looking for him and weeks ago he could have had a possible clue of where he might be found.

Well I think he has a new area to focus on now.

They do seem similar but not exact. He could own more than one pair, however. And maybe RN has some similar also. They are pretty round, like the kind a girl would wear.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9889.JPG
    IMG_9889.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 407
WOW.........Makes a bit more sense to me now why the Marshals are coming in to investigate.

Unbelievable they had a poster up with the wrong phone number on it and never bothered to replace it.

I almost wonder if there is a sort of callousness on the part of rangers that sets in after so much time working in the park. Any work connected with tourism is stressful, but a place like JT must be doubly so. I imagine burnout could come quickly working there.

Anyway, I'm glad for Joseph's father. Not sure they looked identical to me, but he got to handle them at least.

what a series of screw ups.. the wrong number on the poster, the neighbor (park employee) who delayed turning it in, the 2nd number on the poster who never got back in touch..wow.. why am I reminded of the VA? (which I use).
Not to mention the manhandling of evidence.. even the entry poster says " do not touch"..

I'm unable to get my phone to play the video. Do they say what makes them think they're his? And why they're just now being found after all this time & searches? What sort of condition are they in?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

They look very similar to the ones Joseph is wearing in one of the photos on the missing poster. It sounds like there was never any sense of urgency from anyone other than the guy who found them. Thank goodness he reached out to that reporter and she hounded park employees and LE until Joseph's father got to take a look at them.

what a mess.

ETA they were folded up when the hiker found them, and they appeared to be in okay condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave