Found Deceased CA - Rachel Nguyen, 20, & Joseph Orbeso, 21, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, 27 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look very similar to the ones Joseph is wearing in one of the photos on the missing poster. It sounds like there was never any sense of urgency from anyone other than the guy who found them. Thank goodness he reached out to that reporter and she hounded park employees and LE until Joseph's father got to take a look at them.

what a mess.

ETA they were folded up when the hiker found them, and they appeared to be in okay condition.

Still doesn’t seem like a sense of urgency.

“We've learned the Joshua Tree National Park has dedicated one Ranger Monday to look around the area where the sunglasses were found.” (From the link below)

http://www.kesq.com/news/breaking-sunglasses-found-in-joshua-tree-national-park/626067507

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do seem similar but not exact. He could own more than one pair, however. And maybe RN has some similar also. They are pretty round, like the kind a girl would wear.
attachment.php

Sadly IMHO its a very common style...

Snipped...
...The Wayfarer

Coined by Ray-Ban in 1956, and perhaps the most classic and enduringly*iconic sunglasses style there is, the Wayfarer is a universal eyewear staple that has proven to be timelessly stylish.

Read more: https://www.ties.com/blog/best-sunglasses-trends-men

what a series of screw ups.. the wrong number on the poster, the neighbor (park employee) who delayed turning it in, the 2nd number on the poster who never got back in touch..wow.. why am I reminded of the VA? (which I use).
Not to mention the manhandling of evidence.. even the entry poster says " do not touch"..

Plus, a wrong photo of Joseph was put up as well at one point?

This case is getting weirder and weirder. I so hope that at one point J's father will get answers! Hope he gets those glasses tested.

And btw, I own the exact same sunglasses. Yes they are common.

Found them several weeks ago! That’s awful that there was no reliable person to report it to. Reminds me of all the posts I’ve read on Tom Mahood’s blog about his negative interactions with the officials and JTNP employees.

thanks for that blog.. very interesting reads

Yes, it's very curious that there's no word from her family.

Also, only 5% of college students report using hallucinogenic drugs in the past year. Even doubling for lying, please stop trying to normalize this.

I'm not normalizing anything. Google more. Read more threads on here for missing kids in their early 20s.

I do pro bono criminal work including kids in that age range. It's a time of thrills and experimentation. They are extremely common in that age group. You are accommodating a problem if you refuse to acknowledge it.

As Mark Twain said (and applies to statistical studies)..."lies, damn lies, and statistics"

I help with what is normal, I don't pretend we are all saints.

And FWIW, I have 2 children that age who feel they can be open with me about their lives and the lives of their peers. What exactly do you think people do at a rave????

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm not normalizing anything. Google more. Read more threads on here for missing kids in their early 20s.

I do pro bono criminal work including kids in that age range. It's a time of thrills and experimentation. They are extremely common in that age group. You are accommodating a problem if you refuse to acknowledge it.

As Mark Twain said (and applies to statistical studies)..."lies, damn lies, and statistics"

And FWIW, I have 2 children that age who feel they can be open with me about their lives and the lives of their peers. What exactly do you think people do at a rave????

Your initial claim that more than half of college kids use hallucinogenic drugs is still grossly inaccurate.

Plus, a wrong photo of Joseph was put up as well at one point?

This case is getting weirder and weirder. I so hope that at one point J's father will get answers! Hope he gets those glasses tested.

And btw, I own the exact same sunglasses. Yes they are common.

The decision to use the one pic of Joseph in sunglasses instead of one without is curious. Then, of all the things that could be found, turn out to be sunglasses just like Joseph would wear. Very peculiar.

The decision to use the one pic of Joseph in sunglasses instead of one without is curious. Then, of all the things that could be found, turn out to be sunglasses just like Joseph would wear. Very peculiar.

So the found glasses are both specific to Joseph, and common. Also, expensive, and folded, and still in good condition. Hmm.
It looks like a clue, a deliberate bread crumb, doesn't it?
JMO

I am 32 and in my teens experimented quite a bit. Even attended raves quite a bit at one point in my late teens. However, in college and as an adult I've had very few friends that experimented with hallucinogens. I knew of certain groups of people that I would expect to probably experiment with them but hallucinogens were probably the least common drug used amongst my peers outside of maybe crack and PCP and other less common drugs. Hallucinogens are not necessarily euphoric drugs that are enjoyed by most people. I hated them the few experiences I had with them and knew many who felt the same. Not saying it's not possible they'd carry around 4 types of hallucinogens, but it'd be much more likely to have, say, some LCD, some pot, ecstasy(correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it's a hallucinogen), and cocaine maybe. I've never known people to mix hallucinogens. I'm sure some have/do, but I believe that would be very rare. So it seems odd to have four different types unless they had been planning to stay longer.

Your initial claim that more than half of college kids use hallucinogenic drugs is still grossly inaccurate.

The beauty of this forum. We can all express our opinions and personal knowledge. Usually without judgment.

For those unfamiliar, MOO means My Opinion Only.

So the found glasses are both specific to Joseph, and common. Also, expensive, and folded, and still in good condition. Hmm.
It looks like a clue, a deliberate bread crumb, doesn't it?
JMO

Actually those particular glasses, Smooth Operator, aren't expensive. I found them online for $13.

I saw this weeks ago and wasn't sure I should post it, today I'm thinking/hoping perhaps it's okay.

:thinking:

Joshua Tree deputies arrest three for shooting at a dwelling
July 26, 2017

http://www.sbsun.com/2017/07/26/joshua-tree-deputies-arrest-three-for-shooting-at-a-dwelling/

THREE JOSHUA TREE MEN ARRESTED AFTER SHOOTING AT A HOUSE FOLLOWING AN ARGUMENT
July 27, 2017

http://z1077fm.com/three-joshua-tree-men-arrested-after-shooting-at-a-house-following-an-argument/

ETA:
http://new.vote29.com/blog/deputies-respond-to-a-shooting-following-an-altercation-in-joshua-tree/
I had to go to every link and reread this post 3 times before I realized you weren't insinuating JO had been arrested or was involved in these crimes.

Just so others aren't also mislead, I wanted to input that I think you were merely trying to say these crimes occurred in the general location as the AirBnB's that were rented by JO, not that JO was arrested. I think JT is very small, so every crime would be in the general area. jmo

The beauty of this forum. We can all express our opinions and personal knowledge. Usually without judgment.

For those unfamiliar, MOO means My Opinion Only.

But you stated it as if it were fact, so it's a bit misleading. JMO.

I've tried to copy the actual video address but can't. But here is a video of Joseph's father hiking through the Maze with a search team. Sunglasses guy is there too.

Click on the video "Take a walk with Search and Rescue".

http://www.kesq.com/videos

Sorry about that GigTu...I did not mean to mislead. Only pointing out there is a lot "going on" in & around JT even with a population of approx. 7500 people...FWIW.

No worries. There's already so much bad info, I wanted to clear up at least one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000