Found Deceased CA - Rachel Nguyen, 20, & Joseph Orbeso, 21, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, 27 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.kesq.com/news/missing-joshua-tree-hikers-died-in-murder-suicide-officials-say/642178156
The autopsy revealed that both bodies had gunshot wounds. Detectives are still investigating what let to Orbeso's actions.

After the bodies were found, Rachel Nguyen's family issued a statement, saying:

"We’re humbled and grateful for the outpouring of love and support from the public. We cannot thank enough the folks from San Bernardino Sheriffs, Joshua Tree Search and Rescue, volunteers, and all agencies involved in the search efforts. We also thank all of our family and friends for their prayers. We thank God for bringing peace and closure for our family." - Son Nguyen, Rachel's uncle

attachment.php

Attachments

• missing hikers_8980598_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    missing hikers_8980598_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 341
he was?.. I thought that was his friend that he scouted out the park with earlier

No, his friend is in the military, Joseph worked as a guard. It was in a previous article and we found some of his social media where he said his job was "armed private security". I don't have time to go back in the thread and find the posts/article right now but I can later of no one else has finds it.

The autopsy/news reports gunshot wounds but doesn’t mention anything about the gun; whether it was recovered or not.. hm.

Now I’m thinking.. what if someone was specifically targeting and stalking them while they were on their hike? Could it be one of Rachel’s ex boyfriends or a maybe a love triangle that lured them into the shaded brush and ended both of their lives? Perhaps, Joseph and Rachel were begging for their lives and both murdered while locked in an embrace..

What in holy hell??? This just got a whole lot more interesting.

This was my exact reaction!! Almost word for word lol!!

I can’t imagine what his dad must be feeling, especially after all the kind words he had about his son. OH EM GEE... this is crazy twisted!

Now I really wonder if they found drugs in their systems? Especially her... did he drug her?

Wouldn't the searchers that found them noticed the gun???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The autopsy/news reports gunshot wounds but doesn’t mention anything about the gun; whether it was recovered or not.. hm.

Now I’m thinking.. what if someone was specifically targeting and stalking them while they were on their hike? Could it be one of Rachel’s ex boyfriends or a maybe a love triangle that lured them into the shaded brush and ended both of their lives? Perhaps, Joseph and Rachel were begging for their lives and both murdered while locked in an embrace..

How was that missed by rescue??? Wasn’t there blood?? Or would months and maybe rain wash it away? Ugh it’s been crazy weather in California I’m pretty sure it’s rained there at least once.

I wouldn’t say it’s uncommon. I lived in Yucca Valley (town next to Joshua Tree) for 3 years. We would often times go to Joshua Tree but stayed in the vehicle for safety reasons. There are many signs & warnings to watch for coyotes, snakes, etc. Lots of desert wildlife in JTNP.

If I were to go hiking in JTNP, I would absolutely carry a gun for my own protection.
I agree completely. Where I live a concealed carry permit is NOT needed. We've gone hiking armed before. I'm not far from the Mexico border. Better to have and not need it.

Well I think if LE and coroner came to the conclusion that it was a murder/suicide there must have been a gun near his body, or still in his hand.

OMG what a shock this news must have been for Joseph's father :(

Maybe the gun went off accidentally and Joseph then shot himself out of despair? I wish he had left a note.

How was that missed by rescue??? Wasn’t there blood?? Or would months and maybe rain wash it away? Ugh it’s been crazy weather in California I’m pretty sure it’s rained there at least once.
I can only imagine their bodies and any blood/splatter were quite decomposed by the time they were found. I'm assuming that it was not immediately recognizable. Or it's also possible it was noticed at the scene but LE asked them not to disclose it.

If they found the gun, I think they were lost and miserable and choose to die some other way than dehydration/heat exhaustion. If the gun wasn't found.. *shrug*

Then I hope orbeso’s father can confirm if that is indeed his son’s gun. Doesn’t make sense for his father to say all good things about his son if he saw that gun in his own son’s hands.

Why wouldn't finding a gun be in the articles initially since they were found ? Was a gun found ??? Wouldnt we have known since the beginning it was murder suicide ?

[FONT=&quot]"The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said "suspicious circumstances" and "visible injuries to the decedents," led them to request that detectives from the Specialized Investigations Division Homicide Detail respond to the location."[/FONT]

this sentence from the police statement rules that out
"Based on evidence located at the scene, detectives believe Orbeso shot Nguyen, then shot himself."

Then I hope orbeso’s father can confirm if that is indeed his son’s gun. Doesn’t make sense for his father to say all good things about his son if he saw that gun in his own son’s hands.

the way I read the prior articles, the father was with the team searching that day but not part of the actual discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME