CA - Rayanna Nail, 10, dies of drug OD, Klamath, 31 July 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since the mom had Rayanna's urn to take to the courtroom with her, does this mean that she was cremated? In a situation like this, that is bound to bring up many questions, does the ME get all the answers before cremation can take place? I don't know what I'd expect Rayanna's body to tell, but I feel like there is so much more than accidental OD in this situation.

(I don't have a problem with cremation, it's just in cases when I think there is something that someone missed and it's a child, I have an emotional reaction and want more to be done. :mad:)

Since the mom had Rayanna's urn to take to the courtroom with her, does this mean that she was cremated? In a situation like this, that is bound to bring up many questions, does the ME get all the answers before cremation can take place? I don't know what I'd expect Rayanna's body to tell, but I feel like there is so much more than accidental OD in this situation.

(I don't have a problem with cremation, it's just in cases when I think there is something that someone missed and it's a child, I have an emotional reaction and want more to be done. :mad:)

Feel as you do, Boyz_Mum. The similarities between an allergic reaction to Soma and Rayanna's condition when last seen by her mother are striking. An allergic response can be as deadly as an overdose yet only one pill need be involved. imo Determining the exact cause of death and making it known certainly would be to the benefit of the family and others prescribed Soma.

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/rx/r...e=Som1409.html&contentName=Soma&contentId=532

ETA A Wallace Lab 2002 petition to the FDA in which they ask to have pediatric studies of Soma waived due to the first dose has been followed by serious idiosyncratic symptoms that may require hospitalization. Given a warning of this nature, the petitioner believes that subjecting pediatric patients would be of questionable ethics.....

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/02/Mar02/032902/02p-0138_cp00001_vol1.pdf

When a cremation takes place a medical examiner has to sign off for it, meaning until the ME has looked at the body a cremation cannot take place.

That said a deceased can be cremated before the cause of death is determined, as usually the ME has taken samples before releasing the body.

E*E

I don't understand. Why was the little girl taking drugs more than once?

Same reason so many kids of smokers grow up to smoke.
It has been model for her.
That is what she has seen the adults in her life do to cope.
She is miserable and unhappy, was.
It brings attention and TLC which kids of addicts are frequently starving for...

For all u people that dont know the facts, i am rayanna's aunt, the mother did call and was not informed by terry that she has taken the pills and was told it was ok for ray to go get the potatos. I have know terry 4, 7 years and never have seen her sober, the term soma'd out comes from loving tery. If u take 1 or 2 somas it's like u are drunk but when you take 10-15 you dont know what you are doing. And tery does walk around(if u want to call it walking) and does stuff till she passes out. She also does get back into her meds and takes more pills, its like a drucken black out.swallow pills, thats foregin to terry ,she chews them to get high faster. Kris has been trying to keep her daughter safe since the first od. She keeps her pills locked up in a safe with the key around her neck at all times. She even went as far as to take terrys pills away and monitor how many she gets, yes she did let ray go to grandmas now and then but it was only when she knew she didnt take or have any pills. Then terry started taking pills out of the bottle before giving them to kris without kris's kowledge. She didnt know she had to count her moms pills after filling every script. She did everything in her power to keep her kids safe around a addict. She would not let them go over there when she knew she was high. For the person that wrote that she wanted her daughter dead,,u are a sick f@*&, and as far as my nephew he is here with me. All u people put yourself in a place where u loose you kid by your mothers hand and then talk. Untill then you couldnt even remotley understand. Kris and kc terys son has had a very hard life being raised by terry. The sistem failed my niece. My sister inlaw was talking to the county about a mental hospital for help, she was a very troubled child and had alot of roblems. Hell the hosital didnt even call cps after the first od.and that was straight from sheilas mouth at cps in crescent city ca. The parents of ray tried everything they could to get help and keep her safe, even went so far as to put her on ssi so they would have more help options. On july 31fst kris called her mom and asked if it was ok for ray to come and get potatos for dinner,she was told yes(she should have been told no because she had already taken her pills and if anyone knows anything about soma they kick in between 5-15 min and she takes 10-15 at a time) 10 min later ray left to go get the potatos and came home saying grandma was on the couch sitting up somad out. After going to bed kris was awoken at 2:30 am with ray pukeing, she had a rash and a fever. Kris asked her if she had taken anything ray responded no mom why would u ask that i will never do that again. She gave her tyleol thought she had a bug or poison oak and was going to take her to the dr in the morn. She laid down beneath ray on the bottom bunk and heald her hand as they went back to sleep. My brother went to wake ray at 8:30 am to go to the mall to get new school clothes for ray, she would not respond to his voice, he went over to the bed and nudged her arm, she did not respond, he climbed up onto the bottom bunk and turned her over and saw the worst thing in his life, his daughter of 7 years was gone. He panicked pulled her off the bed and laid her on the floor and did cpr untill the paramedics got there. In the meantime loving grandma comes down and the only thing she could do was slap my nice over and over again in the face and yell a her to come out of it....come out of what? How could she know what she needed to come out of. I pray none of u have to go threw this.

Just so you know the parents of ray didnt have the money for the cremation. The county did it after the corner released the body and after the viewing. She wasnt cremated for a week after her death so stop looking for things that are not there. Let ray and my brother n sister in law have peace.
when a cremation takes place a medical examiner has to sign off for it, meaning until the me has looked at the body a cremation cannot take place.

That said a deceased can be cremated before the cause of death is determined, as usually the me has taken samples before releasing the body.

E*e

[My neice] was troubled but she was always laughing playing with other kids, singing and dancing. And it was modeled by her grandma, she always came down when she was high. My brother even took pics of him carying her out of the house. Back to her home. Pics of her bruisses she dont know how she got after a night of soma and oxycotton.
same reason so many kids of smokers grow up to smoke.
It has been model for her.
That is what she has seen the adults in her life do to cope.
She is miserable and unhappy, was.
It brings attention and tlc which kids of addicts are frequently starving for...

Thank you for speaking on the similarities of a od and allergic reaction. We dont think she took soma just oxycotton but we will know for sure when we get the tox screen. But they are both pills grandma takes. Grandma is the one that gets high on soma and flonts it around ray. Yes kris the mom takes vicodine for a curvature of the spine but they are in the safe at all times with the key around moms neck at all times. Even though ray is in heaven the key is stillaround her neck. It got placed there the first time ray took pills
feel as you do, boyz_mum. The similarities between an allergic reaction to soma and rayanna's condition when last seen by her mother are striking. An allergic response can be as deadly as an overdose yet only one pill need be involved. Imo determining the exact cause of death and making it known certainly would be to the benefit of the family and others prescribed soma.

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/rx/r...e=som1409.html&contentname=soma&contentid=532

eta a wallace lab 2002 petition to the fda in which they ask to have pediatric studies of soma waived due to the first dose has been followed by serious idiosyncratic symptoms that may require hospitalization. Given a warning of this nature, the petitioner believes that subjecting pediatric patients would be of questionable ethics.....

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/02/mar02/032902/02p-0138_cp00001_vol1.pdf

stupidityiseverywher--

Thank you for taking the time to explain your personal account of this tragedy. Often we only have the news reports to go by and sometimes they are short on facts. I am so sorry for your family's loss and will be keeping you all in my prayers.

Just so you know the parents of ray didnt have the money for the cremation. The county did it after the corner released the body and after the viewing. She wasnt cremated for a week after her death so stop looking for things that are not there. Let ray and my brother n sister in law have peace.

I was not meaning to be disrespectful, as I was answering someone's else question. As it is per law ( at least in my state, and I would assume others as well ) a ME has to sign off on a cremation before it can take place, so in reality I was actually defending the cremation taken place.

E*E

thank you for you kind words. I am happy to give Rayanna and my brother n sister a voice with all this negative crap out here. I am sorry it comes off so strong and I realy think those of you with open minds and know that any mother in their right mind would never intionally put their child in harms way. There was a saftey plan set up that the mother followed to a T she was supposed to call her mom if Ray was going to go down to her trailer, ( my brother and his family lived in a house) and she did so, Terry (i cant call her grandma) was supposed to say no she cant come down if she had been taking pills, and was supposed to keep her pills locked up. My sister inlaw did keep hers under lock and key at all times but unknowen to her Terrys lock was broke on her safe. Ray did not take the pills that we can tell till around bed time and they stayed up late playing cards that night. They had such a good day. The county droped the ball here and my niece has to pay for it. But thank you for keeping us in your prayers and I will answer any questions from people that are not negative and hurtfull(like the one that said my sister wanted her daughter dead and my nephew shuld be taken away.
stupidityiseverywher--

Thank you for taking the time to explain your personal account of this tragedy. Often we only have the news reports to go by and sometimes they are short on facts. I am so sorry for your family's loss and will be keeping you all in my prayers.

sorry i should of been more specific. that post wasnt dirrected to you it was to the person that asked about the cremation and thought my sister was trying to cover something by having her cremated. nothing you said was hurtfull to me.
I was not meaning to be disrespectful, as I was answering someone's else question. As it is per law ( at least in my state, and I would assume others as well ) a ME has to sign off on a cremation before it can take place, so in reality I was actually defending the cremation taken place.

E*E

thank you for you kind words. I am happy to give Rayanna and my brother n sister a voice with all this negative crap out here. I am sorry it comes off so strong and I realy think those of you with open minds and know that any mother in their right mind would never intionally put their child in harms way. There was a saftey plan set up that the mother followed to a T she was supposed to call her mom if Ray was going to go down to her trailer, ( my brother and his family lived in a house) and she did so, Terry (i cant call her grandma) was supposed to say no she cant come down if she had been taking pills, and was supposed to keep her pills locked up. My sister inlaw did keep hers under lock and key at all times but unknowen to her Terrys lock was broke on her safe. Ray did not take the pills that we can tell till around bed time and they stayed up late playing cards that night. They had such a good day. The county droped the ball here and my niece has to pay for it. But thank you for keeping us in your prayers and I will answer any questions from people that are not negative and hurtfull(like the one that said my sister wanted her daughter dead and my nephew shuld be taken away.

First let me say I am sorry for your families loss.

How did the county drop the ball? I am not following that?

Well if u knew aything about soma its just like being drunk. Same fuctioning, same blackouts, same fuzzy head and not rembering. And some people not going to mention names(was recentaly in jail) chews pills for a faster high. Then you have minnutes 5-15 before they kick in so the sleeping with pills everywhere was a strong word a mother that lost her child used there were 4 oxys out on the table(no bottle) and somas lying on the floor because she gets dizzy(hints the acchole affect) and drops them. So there are some facts for you to sink in since you had none when you made your last quote

THANK YOU, nEATHER ARE WE. iT WAS 100,000 THEN SHE WAS OR'ED. rELEASED ON HER OW RECOGNENCE(SP) SO I DONT KNOW I GUESS IN DELNORTE COUNTY YOU CAN GET A TRAFFIC TICCKET AND BE I JAIL FOR A WEEK BUT IN A CASE LIKE THIS YOU GET OUT. i HAD TO PAY 300 TO GET MY HUSBAND OUT ON A BROKEN WINDSHIELD FIX IT TICKET THAT HE DIDNT GO TO COURT FOR BECAUSE HE COULDENT GET OFF WORK BUT THEY THREW HIS A#@ IN JAIL FOR 2 DAYS. sHE WAS IN THERE FOR 3 DAYS THEN OUT JUST TO GO BACK HOME AND STARE OUT HER WINDOWS AT MY BROTHER NEPHEW AND SISTER INLAW, AND TORMENT THEM BY HAVING TO SEE HER FACE KNOWING NOT 100 FEET AWAY IS WHERE MY NIECE DIED.
First let me say I am sorry for your families loss.

How did the county drop the ball? I am not following that?

Well if u knew aything about soma its just like being drunk. Same fuctioning, same blackouts, same fuzzy head and not rembering. And some people not going to mention names(was recentaly in jail) chews pills for a faster high. Then you have minnutes 5-15 before they kick in so the sleeping with pills everywhere was a strong word a mother that lost her child used there were 4 oxys out on the table(no bottle) and somas lying on the floor because she gets dizzy(hints the acchole affect) and drops them. So there are some facts for you to sink in since you had none when you made your last quote

I am not trying to be arguementative but none of the facts presented so far change my opinion whatsoever. If anything it has supported that Gma was completely out of control with a substance abuse problem that everyone was aware of, and that a responsible mother would not let any child, let alone one that has ODed repeatedly, anywhere near her. Safe or no safe that is unexplainable to me.

And I am also confused since Gma is passed out with pills around in one scenario, but earlier it was stated that mom called over to Gma's before the potato run. The news says they live two doors from each other, so Gma was alert and didn't sound impaired during that call but was passed out in a drug induced stupor when the daughter arrives?

THANK YOU, nEATHER ARE WE. iT WAS 100,000 THEN SHE WAS OR'ED. rELEASED ON HER OW RECOGNENCE(SP) SO I DONT KNOW I GUESS IN DELNORTE COUNTY YOU CAN GET A TRAFFIC TICCKET AND BE I JAIL FOR A WEEK BUT IN A CASE LIKE THIS YOU GET OUT. i HAD TO PAY 300 TO GET MY HUSBAND OUT ON A BROKEN WINDSHIELD FIX IT TICKET THAT HE DIDNT GO TO COURT FOR BECAUSE HE COULDENT GET OFF WORK BUT THEY THREW HIS A#@ IN JAIL FOR 2 DAYS. sHE WAS IN THERE FOR 3 DAYS THEN OUT JUST TO GO BACK HOME AND STARE OUT HER WINDOWS AT MY BROTHER NEPHEW AND SISTER INLAW, AND TORMENT THEM BY HAVING TO SEE HER FACE KNOWING NOT 100 FEET AWAY IS WHERE MY NIECE DIED.

Thank you for clarifying what the county had done wrong in your view. She has been charged and will stand trial, it is pretty normal handling of a defendant that is not accused of a violent act, doesn't have a violent criminal record, hasn't failed to appear in court, and is not considered a flight risk. I can completely empathize with the amount of tension that must be present in that close of quarters.

Wow, are you serious, how could you even say that not being there. My niece died holding her mothers hand. My niece did have problems, her mother was not drunk or messed up. She was up with her that night cuz she had a fever and was sick to her stomache. How can u even say those horriable things, give me a break people she just lost her kid and her mother. Have a heart. What happend to human nature and kindness, where the hell did it go. Is it all gone thease days?
in my short and a half) experience with kids in the treatment facility, it was rare for a child that young, but there were three or four that i remember. They'd been swigging alcohol from a younger age, almost always led on by an older sibling.

Some children are very bright and inquisitive, but their environment is so destructive their brightness combines with their depression and pain and they do unimaginable things. Some of the kids will develop a major mental illness when they are older, like schizophrenia, and engage in these bizarre self destructive behaviors even in a good home.

I was shocked at how calculating a little child could be :( i think it is very rare for a child to be that self possessed, but possible.

Even more likely, the mother is lying to cover her own lack of attention because she herself was impaired in some way by alcohol or drugs and has no memory of anything that happened to the girl that evening. She's covering her own butt. That would be more likely than a little child being that cunning, having that kind of restraint :(

I haven't posted in a while, but felt compelled to post on this thread. I am very sorry for your loss, it is horrible no matter the circumstances. I don't know all the facts surrounding this horrible tragedy but from what has been released...I don't understand how the Grandmother is being charged but the mother is not.

She was sent to get potatoes at a house where she did not reside, her mother had knowledge of the grandmothers drug problems if that is the case. Was it not the responsibility of the mother to make sure that her daughter was safe. If her mother sent her to the store for potatoes knowing that she had to cross a busy street and something happened, would it be no fault of the mothers then?

The mother sent her daughter to the grandmothers house knowing the history and troubles the grandmother and her own daughter had. The child should not have been allowed at the grandmothers house at all without her mom there with her.

All of this is only my opinion, I am still so very sorry for your families loss, and I pray you find comfort somehow.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurkeyDinosaur
Back