Found Deceased CA - Raymond Tyler, 38, found deceased in Willits, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
38-year-old Willits resident Raymond Tyler was released from Shasta Regional Medical Center in Redding on August 3, 2023. Despite arrangements for transportation back to Mendocino County, family, and law enforcement are concerned for his well-being after being unable to make contact with him or confirm he made it back to his Willits home.

From Brown’s understanding, “the last confirmed sighting of her brother was someone reporting they “gave him a ride north of Willits on Oil Well Hill on August 5th.”

1693023876968.png

New WS member @Klingon will be joining the discussion shortly. They are a family member of Raymond's and we'll leave it to them if they wish to share what their relationship is.

Please treat Klingon with respect at all times. They are not required to provide links to what they state as fact about Raymond's case. If there is something you disagree with, please just scroll on by without challenging them or arguing with them.

Thank you to Klingon and to all members who are here to discuss this case and hopefully help bring resolution and justice for Raymond and his family and loved ones.

Rolls out the welcome mat for Klingon since they are having a hard time getting settled in. :)

View attachment 443513
Source
thank you for that. I understand there are rules as to what I can and cant post. I have over the last few weeks done quiet a bit of talking with various members of the community in the search for my brother and have conflicting stories and holes. however, I don't want to break the rules. So please ask whatever you want to know and I will tell you to the best of my knowledge. perhaps we can work together to fill in the spaces without crossing the lines.

First and foremost it should be noted there needs to be a correction to the last day he was seen. The day has now been corrected to Friday the 4th of Aug and not Sat the 5th. The location, he was was dropped off at a residence in the area of oil well hill. This is also the location where he was discovered on the 20th of Aug. He had been deceased for "between two and three weeks" according to the sheriff.

First and foremost it should be noted there needs to be a correction to the last day he was seen. The day has now been corrected to Friday the 4th of Aug and not Sat the 5th. The location, he was was dropped off at a residence in the area of oil well hill. This is also the location where he was discovered on the 20th of Aug. He had been deceased for "between two and three weeks" according to the sheriff.

IMG_0144.jpgIMG_0143.jpgIMG_0142.jpg
Property he was found on. He wouldnt have been visible from the roadway.

View attachment 443528View attachment 443529View attachment 443530
Property he was found on. He wouldnt have been visible from the roadway.
This property is directly off highly traveled hwy 101. It is 55 mph through that area. I drove through there to get an idea as to why he wasnt found for so long. There were claims to wooded areas, but in comparison to the rest of the area, that is a very easily searched area. It is a flat open valley in their back yard.

@Klingon How close was he located to the house? And why didnt they search for him sooner? He was deceased for 2weeks, wouldnt there have been an odor? It has been in the high 90s until recently.
He wa around approx 150 to 200 ft from the front door of that residence. In the field under manzanita bushes.
When I first discovered where he was last seen, I spoke with the person who lives there. She said that she and her husband were not home at the time he was dropped off. A couple days later I asked her if she had searched around her house and she said that she had but she had not “gone into the wood, because it’s not safe out there due to bear and local pot growers”
That woman also she she would speak with her neighbors. After another couple days I asked again. She said she had not had contact with her neighbors and didn’t know where Ray might have gone from there.

While there are conflicting reports from members of search party that found Ray. The two woman in the search party both state they heard the resident of the home say that she had never looked at all and had asked her neighbors and one of them said “Ray said he was going to Seattle to be with his parents” and that was why she didn’t look.

Our mother passed away many years ago and our father is alive and well in Arizona.

I also spoke with the same neighbors the woman said that Ray had spoken with. They deny having seen or heard from Ray. They did however tell me Rays shoes were still on the woman’s porch when he was found.

As for the question of smell there should be no doubt. He decomposed in high heat for 15-16days. Approx 150-200 ft from not only this woman’s house but a number of other residences. There had to have been quite the smell for a number of days.

Last edited:
I also spoke with the same neighbors the woman said that Ray had spoken with. They deny having seen or heard from Ray. They did however tell me Rays shoes were still on the woman’s porch when he was found.

As for the question of smell there should be no doubt. He decomposed in high heat for 15-16days. Approx 150-200 ft from not only this woman’s house but a number of other residences. There had to have been quite the smell for a number of days.
So wouldnt his shoes be a dead giveaway that he was there?

You would think so. She explains it away by saying she thought he went north.
First and foremost, I'm very sorry for your loss, and the way it's been handled thus far. While nothing can bring your brother back, I hope you get the answers you seek. :)

Question.... Has LE questioned her and others that live there? Any idea why he'd have been dropped off there? Did he know them? I wonder if he asked to be dropped off there or if that's where the driver decided to drop him off.

Lastly, Uh huh... without his shoes. </end sarcasm>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back