CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
9/5 CBS: Toxicologist: Test showing tranquilizer in Shacknai boy’s blood likely a false positive

A false-positive test may explain why a benzodiazepine class of tranquilizer was detected in 6-year-old [MS]'s blood shortly after he tumbled off a staircase ...

The second test showed benzodiazepines were "Not Detected," according to the toxicology report.

"No illicit drugs, other medications, or alcohol was detected," Lucas wrote.

[RZ]'s toxicology report detected no alcohol or drugs in her system following routine blood screenings.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15398193/toxicologist-test-showing-tranquilizer-in-shacknai-boys-blood-likely-a-false-positive

This seems to me to be more of an argument for homicide or that control factor getting out of hand.

How do you think your theory relates to the message on the door?

She Saved Him Can You Save Her

I've seen two versions of that message - The one on the autopsy apparently (I haven't seen it myself) has it quoted as you do above. The other version is Can He Save Her - that has been quoted by the Zahau family.

I think Rebecca was referring to the fact that after the fall she did what she could do to save Max. Let's remember he wasn't pronounced dead at the scene. After that she was barred from seeing him. How would you feel if you felt like you saved this boy's life and then were shut out and blamed for his death?

If it is in fact "Can You Save Her" I think she was hoping Jonah would find her - maybe she sat in the chair for a while - wrapped in the blanket - staring at her phone to see if he would call back. Maybe she was hoping that he would come home and see the message on the door. I believe that he may have told her not to sleep in his bed but rather sleep in the guest room. Waiting naked tied up the way she was might have been a way to say I love you to him. I really believe that the bindings are an intimate gesture and this has created a lot of confusion in public and with the family.

If the message was "Can He Save Her" I think it was a message to Max - Her family has said that she was religious and that she believed the consequences of taking one's life is an afterlife in hell. So she may have been asking Maxie for help saving her soul. It may also be the case that Dina and Jonah decided to go ahead with the organ donation and take Max off life support. I think this also could have had a negative effect on Rebecca as this was also probably against her religious beliefs. She would be feeling a tremendous sense of injustice and pain at this decision. I'm sure she was praying for him and willing to do what ever it took to support Max, Jonah, and Dina.

If you look at it clearly Rebecca was very isolated in that mansion. Why wasn't Adam staying in the main house? I would have wanted my brother close to Rebecca - especially if Dina had barred her from the ICU. Jonah kept her isolated. He may have asked her to board Ocean as well. She felt very alone.

I think that now that this event has received more media attention a lot of interests are at play. In the short term continuing to create any sort of confusion is just going to keep the interests in play.

This is the first I've heard that there was even a false positive. Yet another bombshell.

This is the first I've heard that there was even a false positive. Yet another bombshell.

I looked it up and there are a number of things it can be prescribed for to a child. But if it's false positive then it's likely irrelevant.

What if at the time of the initial 'false' positive, LE accused someone of allowing Max to get a hold of some dangerous drugs? Maybe that is why RN felt she was being wrongly blamed for his accident?

I looked it up and there are a number of things it can be prescribed for to a child. But if it's false positive then it's likely irrelevant.

It reminds me of when I do admit paperwork for a new patient. We have all the lab work in the computer, in front of us. This includes any tox screens the md has ordered. We have to ask screening questions about smoking, drinking and elicit drugs. It's funny when a patient has a positive tox screen for opiates, benzos, cocaine, etc, but state they never use any recreational drugs.

I wonder if the first test, or the repeat test were correct?

What if at the time of the initial 'false' positive, LE accused someone of allowing Max to get a hold of some dangerous drugs? Maybe that is why RN felt she was being wrongly blamed for his accident?

This type of drugs can be legally prescribed to children for a variety of issues.

What I can't understand, is how the story keeps changing and expanding. There has to be more to Max's accident, to explain Rebecca's death. As presented, I could never understand or condone the findings of suicide. If there is more to it, and Rebecca didn't tell the entire truth, I hope it comes out why, as I feel there would have to be a reason.

As presented so far, I did see her possible motivation for suicide and for wanting to do it an a messy and angry way.

But IF these new claims by the Z family are true, then I do not understand why she would kill herself or even why she would be a target. If the older siblings were the ones 'at fault', and not RN or her sis, then why would she feel so distraught and guilty? And why would DS or JS be angry at her?

So as I took my shower just now, I came to the shaky conclusion that Bremner is just deflecting by throwing the older sibs into the equation. IMO, that does not fit with the explosive outcome. I stand by my theory that perhaps someone was playing, chasing running or roughhousing with the boy, and somehow by tripping over Ocean or his scooter or soccer ball, he went over the rail.

I think she said her sis was in the shower because of obvious reasons. And now the attorney is throwing in this other distraction to deflect from the truth.

The article states the first test came back July 29, so that was after Rebecca's death.

The boy's toxicology report dated July 29, obtained by KFMB News 8, showed a "Presumptive Positive" test result for benzodiazepines after the San Diego County Medical Examiner conducted a routine "Drugs of Abuse Screen" using a scientific testing method known as ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay).

This type of drugs can be legally prescribed to children for a variety of issues.

Sure, but his parents would surely know if he was on a prescribed medication or not.

The article states the first test came back July 29, so that was after Rebecca's death.

The boy's toxicology report dated July 29, obtained by KFMB News 8, showed a "Presumptive Positive" test result for benzodiazepines after the San Diego County Medical Examiner conducted a routine "Drugs of Abuse Screen" using a scientific testing method known as ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay).

And since it can be legally prescribed, LE would not be accusing anyone of letting the boy to get dangerous drugs to begin with.

Since it wasn't in his system it is a moot point.

As for Rebecca's sister chasing Max when he tripped, fell, had his accident, isn't that going quite a bit further in your accusations, then the Zahou family lawyer has done in regards to the Shaknai children?

And since it can be legally prescribed, LE would not be accusing anyone of letting the boy to get dangerous drugs to begin with.

Agreed, and I highly doubt he was taking them, or the amount in his system would have been high enough to detect and not questionable.

Agreed, and I highly doubt he was taking them, or the amount in his system would have been high enough to detect and not questionable.

If he was not taking any meds, that supports the idea that he was a normally developing child without any special issues.

Since it wasn't in his system it is a moot point.

As for Rebecca's sister chasing Max when he tripped, fell, had his accident, isn't that going quite a bit further in your accusations, then the Zahou family lawyer has done in regards to the Shaknai children?

Yes, but not being a lawyer, not being paid to speak for anyone , and just speculating and trying to understand what might have led to RN's death. I am not accusing anyone, just saying that something about that accident made someone very angry and or guilty. I am not saying she defintely 'chased' him, just that they might have been playing.

Yes, but not being a lawyer, not being paid to speak for anyone , and just speculating and trying to understand what might have led to RN's death. I am not accusing anyone, just saying that something about that accident made someone very angry and or guilty. I am not saying she defintely 'chased' him, just that they might have been playing.

True, just as I can speculate that Rebecca's sister was there and if the lawyer has information that another minor was there, I believe it can be so.

If that is the case, I will have a whole passel of questions.

I have now been verified as an insider in this case.

Alright, here are the things I know. LE is aware of everything I am about to share. I just have some tidbits, nothing earth shattering lol.

-Some family members do not believe Max died accidentally. I will leave it at that. Dina has hired a private team to investigate in the hopes that LE reopens the case and believes Max was suffocated before the "fall."

-Since March of this year, Dina told Jonah she did not want Rebecca alone with Max. This is due to her getting "weird vibes" from Rebecca. A background check was performed on Rebecca that revealed things (I was not told what those things are nor will I prod about them).

-Jonah has an interesting past of having his ex wives/girlfriends boyfriends followed, investigated, photographed etc...

-Rebecca was forbidden to go to the hospital to visit Max.

I will share more as I learn more.

I still find it inconceivable that the Meirhoffer funeral home in St. Joseph Missouri is permitting posters to argue the merits of was it suicide or was it murder on "RZ's Memorial" page.

I guess there is no accounting for "good taste" in America anymore.

and since they (Meirhoffer) are a funeral home and crematory I wonder if RZ was cremated which will make it extremely difficult if not impossible to run any further tests on her should they wish to exhume her at a later date. I wonder if anyone has considered that in their future findings?

and since they (Meirhoffer) are a funeral home and crematory I wonder if RZ was cremated which will make it extremely difficult if not impossible to run any further tests on her should they wish to exhume her at a later date. I wonder if anyone has considered that in their future findings?

I really hope she wasn't cremated. It would be impossible to do a second autopsy if she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez