CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No defense wounds is the reason why I wonder if she was sleeping and attacked.

I believe there was blood on a finger or two....have to go back and read AR.

She had no defensive wounds because there was no one there to stop her from committing suicide.

IMO

He said he may have struck her head, but that the linear hemorrhages were bad enough to have caused her to lose consciousness. I would think it she hit anywhere that hard on the balcony with the top of her head, it is because someone had her positioned to cause that to happen when they dropped her.

I think it happened when she didn't go over completely vertically. The ME said she went over in an angular position.

"Would have" is an affirmative conclusion, imo. She could have lost consciousness but since no one was there that is unknown not an affirmative conclusion of what did happen.

When my husband hit his head hard ......enough to have a very large hemorrhage under the scalp on the top of his head it left him dazed because he came up and hit it full force but he did not lose consciousness nor was any hair affixed to the cabinet door and he has a head full of hair.

IMO

page 7, 3rd paragraph.

Thank you. SunnyRN just pointed it out to me on another thread. I feel like an idiot for having to look up which finger is the dital finger just to be sure!

Thanks. I can't find a single thing about blood on her fingers. Is there a technical term I'm perhaps misreading?

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...TItOWM1Mi00NGE4LWEyZDgtMjc3OWUxZTYzYmY5&hl=en
Page 7
There is a small amount of dried blood on the posterior right 3rd finger and on the posterolateral aspect of the mid right 4th finger and distal right 4th finger.

Page 11
RIGHT UPPER EXTREMITY
On the posterior aspect of the radial right hand, there are four red abrasions ranging from punctate to 1/16 inch in diameter. On the medial aspect of the right third finger (the surface between the third and fourth finger), over the distal portion of the middle phalanx, there is a 1/2 x 5/16 inch abrasion with skin tags on the palmar edge. On the medial right elbow there is a 1/8 inch, faint, pale red abrasion.

LEFT UPPER EXTREMITY
On the posterior mid left forearm there is a 1/8 inch red abrasion. On the posteror aspect of the middle phalanx of the left 3rd finger there is a horizontally oriented, 1/8 inch, linear abrasion.

I think it happened when she didn't go over completely vertically. The ME said she went over in an angular position.

"Would have" is an affirmative conclusion, imo. She could have lost consciousness but since no one was there that is unknown not an affirmative conclusion of what did happen.

When my husband hit his head hard ......enough to have a very large hemorrhage under the scalp on the top of his head it left him dazed because he came up and hit it full force but he did not lose consciousness nor was any hair affixed to the cabinet door and he has a head full of hair.

IMO

LE examined the scene and measured the bannister/railing. There was an 11" area that had been disturbed and a very small area that may have been where the rope sat. To have gone over sideways, it would take a larger area of disturbance. May I suggest you look at Cynics video, that fits to a T what LE has told us.

Or, do I understand that you are saying that LE got it wrong? If so, why didn't the ME give an explanation that would explain the fact that there was only an 11" disturbance. I am also amazed that there was no rope trail on the balcony.

Oh man, I see a wealth of posts that can be added to this thread!!

Thanks. I can't find a single thing about blood on her fingers. Is there a technical term I'm perhaps misreading?

You are reading the police report. Notice any other discrepancies?

LE examined the scene and measured the bannister/railing. There was an 11" area that had been disturbed and a very small area that may have been where the rope sat. To have gone over sideways, it would take a larger area of disturbance. May I suggest you look at Cynics video, that fits to a T what LE has told us.

Or, do I understand that you are saying that LE got it wrong? If so, why didn't the ME give an explanation that would explain the fact that there was only an 11" disturbance. I am also amazed that there was no rope trail on the balcony.

If you're 5' 3" and slender, and going over a balcony in a non-vertical position, it wouldn't be hard to see how only 11" of disturbance would occur, if that's what happened. It's certainly not out of the realm of probablility.

Snipped, in case this article disappears:
Jennifer Jasionowski, who was friends with Rebecca for years before her death, said she was mourning her friend when Jonah Shacknai approached her at the funeral and struck-up a conversation.

"When we said we didn't think that she would have committed suicide, Jonah agreed with us and said 'Yeah, I wouldn't think that either. I guess you never know,'" Jasionowski told RadarOnline.com.

PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Died In Bizarre Circumstances

She asked him if Rebecca had shown any signs of depression and claims he told her "no."

Jasionowski told RadarOnline.com that Shacknai then asked her: "Do you know anyone that would want to hurt her?" She said she quickly told him: "No, I don't know anyone that would want to hurt Rebecca."

Jasionowski says she asked Shacknai if he knew of anyone that wanted to hurt him and he replied "no" and he told her they were unsure what had even happened with his 6-year-old son Max, who suffered a terrible accident while under Rebecca's care, and subsequently died just days later.

If you're 5' 3" and slender, and going over a balcony in a non-vertical position, it wouldn't be hard to see how only 11" of disturbance would occur, if that's what happened. It's certainly not out of the realm of probablility.

The bannister was at least 36" tall and Rebecca had her legs and arms bound. Don't see any way she could have gotten HERSELF over, unless she swan dove.

Now, if someone pushed or 'helped' her over, sure, I think that would be probable. It would be hard to maneuver someone in those circumstances.

Please do start some new threads in the RZN forum, Sunnie!

It's really confounding that such a small area would be disturbed on the balcony railing. At her height with hands tied behind her back and few to no abrasions on her front, leaning over just doesn't seem possible. I would really like to see a re-enactment using a similar height railing and someone in a gymnastic harness.

The paint on the railing appears to be pealing somewhat and from my experience, pealing paint on metal surfaces, particularly wrought iron, can have very sharp edges. She really should have had some rust or paint chips on her front, to say nothing of abrasions and scratches.

When this thread is closed, eventually it scroll off of the 1st page of Crimes in the News.

I wonder if we could get a banner directing sleuths to the new RZN forum?

The bannister was at least 36" tall and Rebecca had her legs and arms bound. Don't see any way she could have gotten HERSELF over, unless she swan dove.

Now, if someone pushed or 'helped' her over, sure, I think that would be probable. It would be hard to maneuver someone in those circumstances.

If the rope was loose and slip-knotted, she could easily have slipped over the railing lightly. She wasn't necessarily tightly bound when she maneuvered, if that is in fact what she did. The knots would tighten as she jumped.

Remember, this was a woman described by her trainer and sisters as being athletic and in very good shape.

No, I am not going by what LE said. I never heard them say she took a completely vertical nose dive but maybe I missed that. I hate to bother you but do you have a link to where they stated that.

In the autopsy Lucas said the injuries she received to her neck is consistent with her body being at an angle. Didn't she have more damage on one side than the other side of the neck?

IMO

If the rope was loose and slip-knotted, she could easily have slipped over the railing lightly. She wasn't necessarily tightly bound when she maneuvered, if that is in fact what she did. The knots would tighten as she jumped.

Remember, this was a woman described by her trainer and sisters as being athletic and in very good shape.

Which rope do you mean "loose and slip-knotted"? We are talking about her using her hands to help her over the railing. Once she is over, I doubt very seriously she was trying to tighten the knots. Her hands were behind her back. How were they going to help her get over the railing, loose or tight?

Which rope do you mean "loose and slip-knotted"? We are talking about her using her hands to help her over the railing. Once she is over, I doubt very seriously she was trying to tighten the knots. Her hands were behind her back. How were they going to help her get over the railing, loose or tight?

They wouldn't hinder her from going over the railing if they were loosely bound. If they were slip knotted they would only tighten once she went over the railing and tighten further when she reached her drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member