CA - Rebecca Zahau Nalepa - suicide or murder? #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Salem, I can't thank you enough, as we will now have somewhere to keep the links that will be important down the road, or for those who join us!!! You are the BOMB!!!!! Thank you!!

this is easy to solve. interview the people at the gym where she worked out and her friends , and ask them if they thought rebecca was hard to understand when she spoke and whether she spoke in a cryptical, mysterious manner.

if you ask me, the message reminds me of those taunting or cryptic messages that killers leave in horror movies which brings up the question of whether there have there been any famous killings/murders where the perpetrators left weird/taunting or cryptic messages ?? I remember "helter skelter" from the manson murders if my memory is right. any others ?? such as those taunting messages left by serial killers, etc

I noticed when Rebecca's sister has spoken she does not speak English as well as those who were born here.

I had wondered if the message left by Rebecca was also due to a language barrier of sorts.

IMO

Sunnie,

LOL I wondered that too! I think that's probably the boot of the person who is taking the crime scene photos. In that document it says that the boot imprint is that of a police officer not the crime scene investigator/photographer. It could be I guess though, right?

OT- BTW Sunnie, we have something in common.. we're both RN's! :-) You answered a lot of the medical questions I was going to answer the last few days before I had a chance to reply. I love how everyone on this thread has a lot of personal/professional knowledge to offer to the case. It really helps move it along and fill in the pieces.

You guys rock! :rocker:

Thank you for your response and I always find great information in your posts!!

I'm not either.. I wonder if there was any black paint found on her hands. Do we have the actual autopsy report on Rebecca anywhere?

Hopefully I will be able to utilize Salems thread for us and others will too!! We do have access to both Rebecca and Max's autopsy reports. I will attempt to link them for you!!

Again, thank you Salem!:great::woohoo::seeya:

I have been looking at these photos from my less than stellar phone, so I say this with the disclaimer that I could be wrong due to the quality at which I'm viewing them, but is the door to the guestroom and the carpet around it relatively clean? I don't see any paint elsewhere on the door and I see only a couple (conveniently placed?) drops elsewhere in the room. If the task was so messy that Rebecca ended up with paint on her body, I'd expect to see it dripping down the door and on the carpet. The brushes don't appear to be overly dirty, either. So she ended up with paint on her body yet didn't get any elsewhere on the door, on the carpet under the door, nor did she end up with any left on the brush? Sure. She also decided to take a shower before killing herself but didn't bother to clean the paint from herself.

I noticed when Rebecca's sister has spoken she does not speak English as well as those who were born here.

I had wondered if the message left by Rebecca was also due to a language barrier of sorts.

IMO
I had wondered the same thing. I worked with a Filipina, who had been in the US at least 20 years, and she would get mix up he/she because the same word is used for both pronouns. Same with his/her. Perhaps the Burmese language may not have those pronouns.

Not saying that a serial killer is on the loose. This case could be just a solitary homicide as well. Anything is possible... See below:

History of Serial Killers Taunting Police

A tarot card bearing a taunting message was found near the scene of one of the sniper attacks that have terrorized the Washington, D.C., area. As police try to determine whether the card is a message from the killer, or merely a prank, they may be thinking of past serial killers who have jeered at police — often in clues that led to their eventual capture.

Here is a look at some of the cases:

The Unabomber: Over the course of 18 years, Theodore Kaczynski carried out bombings that left three people dead and 29 injured. Investigators dubbed the killer the Unabomber because the original targets were associated with universities and airlines. He was caught when he released the ultimate taunt — a 35,000-word "manifesto," which he demanded newspapers print. When they did, his brother recognized his writing style and turned him in. Kaczynski was sentenced in 1998 to four life terms.

Son of Sam: David Berkowitz was caught in 1977 after a yearlong crime spree in New York during which he killed six people and wounded seven. A note he left at a crime scene read, in part: "I am a monster. I am the 'Son of Sam.'" Berkowitz sent several more notes, one to a reporter. Putting together the clues, the police eventually caught him. He is now serving a 364-year prison sentence.

The Zodiac Killer 1: There have been two Zodiac Killers. The first was confirmed to have killed five young people in the San Francisco area in the 1960s and 1970s, but he claimed a total of 37 victims. He was never caught, even though he sent a total of 21 letters to local newspapers, revealing details about the murders only the killer could know, enclosing in some envelopes swatches of cloth snipped from one of his victims, and signing off "Zodiac."

The Zodiac Killer 2: The second Zodiac killer attacked New York in 1990, shooting four people with different astrological signs, killing one. He wrote several notes to local newspapers and vowed to kill one person born under each of the 12 signs. Heriberto "Eddie" Seda was caught in 1996 and sentenced to at least 83 years in prison.

Hillside Strangler: This name, coined by the media, was actually two cousins who abducted, raped and killed 10 young women in the Los Angeles area in the late 1970s. The attackers taunted police by leaving their victims on hillsides, in areas where they were sure to be found — often near police stations. Angelo Buono and Kenneth Bianchi were eventually caught.

Jack the Ripper: The killer in one of the world's oldest and most notorious unsolved mysteries also taunted police through letters. Shortly after the second of the five murders he would commit between August and November 1888 in London, he identified himself as "Jack the Ripper." A subsequent letter included part of a kidney that he said came from one of his victims. In that letter he wrote, "Catch me when you can."

ABCNEWS' Andrew Chang contributed to this report.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=91148&page=1

i have been looking at these photos from my less than stellar phone, so i say this with the disclaimer that i could be wrong due to the quality at which i'm viewing them, but is the door to the guestroom and the carpet around it relatively clean? I don't see any paint elsewhere on the door and i see only a couple (conveniently placed?) drops elsewhere in the room. If the task was so messy that rebecca ended up with paint on her body, i'd expect to see it dripping down the door and on the carpet. The brushes don't appear to be overly dirty, either. So she ended up with paint on her body yet didn't get any elsewhere on the door, on the carpet under the door, nor did she end up with any left on the brush? Sure. She also decided to take a shower before killing herself but didn't bother to clean the paint from herself.

brilliant ehough! So brilliant deserves to be repeated!!

Does anyone have links that continue to work, with helicopter footage/news casts, from the day Rebecca died?

Does anyone have links that continue to work, with helicopter footage/news casts, from the day Rebecca died?

I will look, but from what I've read, most have been removed ... ??

So, now that all is 'said and done' and LE closed their investigations, do we know where they removed the carper, or why? I don't remember anything pertaining to the carpet in the PC. Anyone else?

This says RZ was planning to take MS breakfast on the Wednesday morning she was found hanging. I think the reporter got it wrong though. It must mean she was going to take breakfast to JS.

Still JMO, RZ had no idea she was being totally blamed or singled out by someone angry or nervous about the MS accident.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20110904171708kays.nb/topstory.html
snipped..."the phone conversation that Mary had with Rebecca the day before she died (July 12th).

Zahau indicated her plans to take breakfast the next morning to the stricken Max Shacknai (the 6-year-old son of Jonah Shacknai)."

So, now that all is 'said and done' and LE closed their investigations, do we know where they removed the carper, or why? I don't remember anything pertaining to the carpet in the PC. Anyone else?

I think it's all disappearing .. just like AS.

This says RZ was planning to take MS breakfast on the Wednesday morning she was found hanging. I think the reporter got it wrong though. It must mean she was going to take breakfast to JS.

Still JMO, RZ had no idea she was being totally blamed or singled out by someone angry or nervous about the MS accident.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20110904171708kays.nb/topstory.html
snipped..."the phone conversation that Mary had with Rebecca the day before she died (July 12th).

Zahau indicated her plans to take breakfast the next morning to the stricken Max Shacknai (the 6-year-old son of Jonah Shacknai)."

I do not think we can take everything she told her family as gospel. If she was being blamed would she tell her sister for sure? If she knew she was being banned from the hospital , do we know for certain that she would tell her sister that? Maybe not.

There was paint found on her fingers,hand,breast. A little too much for me,my six year old makes less of a mess. I think she may have even had paint on her back. Gonna go find link for ya :)

Making block (print) letters with a tube of paint would be messy imo.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members