CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the gag really does it for me, the gag and the blood stains. no way is ANY WOMAN going to bleed all over the carpeting like that and do this frenzied gag around the head thing over her beautiful hair with that ratty shirt, rag thing stuffed into her mouth.

this was a cold blooded rape and murder and I believe poor Rebecca was tortured .

I think that is a semen or urine stain on the floor next to where she was seated.

I think she was alive when she went over and the bruise by her ribs was caused by her killer balancing and lifting her onto that railing.

this case makes me so mad...this poor woman cannot defend herself and her family is marginalized by racism...sorry but this is not some unusual thing in California...I hope they burn.

mOO

Family of Rebecca Zahau sues Sheriff Bill Gore in hopes of reopening case -

3/24/21

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The family of Rebecca Zahau has filed a lawsuit against Sheriff Bill Gore — demanding documents they believe will force officials to reopen an investigation.

Thirty-two-year old Zahau was found bound, gagged, naked, and hanging from a balcony in the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado in 2011.

[..]

Now — in a lawsuit obtained by KUSI — a judge agreed to hear arguments requiring the sheriff’s department to turn over documents that have been withheld in the case.

They are suing under the California Public Records Act.

The hearing is set for October 15.

To read the official lawsuit, visit: ZAHAU CASE LAWSUIT

Sheriff Bill Gore declined to respond to KUSI’s request for comment.

Great news, I really wish the family success in this effort!

Great work, Burma and Keith Greer! The strategy sounds very good.

Last edited:
the gag really does it for me, the gag and the blood stains. no way is ANY WOMAN going to bleed all over the carpeting like that and do this frenzied gag around the head thing over her beautiful hair with that ratty shirt, rag thing stuffed into her mouth.

this was a cold blooded rape and murder and I believe poor Rebecca was tortured .

I think that is a semen or urine stain on the floor next to where she was seated.

I think she was alive when she went over and the bruise by her ribs was caused by her killer balancing and lifting her onto that railing.

this case makes me so mad...this poor woman cannot defend herself and her family is marginalized by racism...sorry but this is not some unusual thing in California...I hope they burn.

mOO

I don't see racism as much as I see money and status making a difference here, but that's just my opinion. I completely agree that this was straight up, premeditated murder, and at least attempted rape. The type of knot used to bind her hands is one that someone might learn in scouts. But it's more likely to be used on a regular basis due to someone's occupation. I can make that knot with 2 or 3 loops, with some concentration and both hands free in front of my body. I find the knot alone to be enough evidence to indict. It would be impossible for me (and I'd hazard a guess, nearly everyone) to make that knot in the manner in which she was found. The demonstration that LE (iirc) did was ridiculous. She was found with a knot tied by someone who uses it very frequently. The number of loops alone give that away.

I pray that justice will be served to the murderer and to any and all who helped cover up the murder and anything else inflicted on Rebecca.

Rebecca, you were everything beautiful and right about this world and the U.S. May you and your family finally see justice for your heinous murder!

sometimes racism is hard to see, but what it is is in this instance is marginalization. They decided early on this was easy to make go away. She had no advocate and LE made no attempt to find assistance for Rebecca's family. They looked at Rebecca as live in girlfriend, someone with no immediate family around, someone foreign and expendable.

I believe this arose from pressure from the Shackli's , once the pressure was applied, once some kind of benefit was offered, then the question was ...How expendable is Rebecca? Well, she was way more easy to dismiss then say a young white woman with a
family of established english speaking relatives down the street. Can we at least agree on this?

great sympathy for the loss of a child is part of what colored this case IMO ...but only part of it...making it go away had a great deal to do with the victim.

also , even though she had some little dramas in her life as a young woman, we really don't know the reason these things happened, but she does not seem like she was prone to big dramatic gestures, writing on walls, exhibitionism, suicidal ideation and threats. Not once.

we all know what happened.

mOO

I don't see racism as much as I see money and status making a difference here, but that's just my opinion. I completely agree that this was straight up, premeditated murder, and at least attempted rape. The type of knot used to bind her hands is one that someone might learn in scouts. But it's more likely to be used on a regular basis due to someone's occupation. I can make that knot with 2 or 3 loops, with some concentration and both hands free in front of my body. I find the knot alone to be enough evidence to indict. It would be impossible for me (and I'd hazard a guess, nearly everyone) to make that knot in the manner in which she was found. The demonstration that LE (iirc) did was ridiculous. She was found with a knot tied by someone who uses it very frequently. The number of loops alone give that away.

I pray that justice will be served to the murderer and to any and all who helped cover up the murder and anything else inflicted on Rebecca.

Rebecca, you were everything beautiful and right about this world and the U.S. May you and your family finally see justice for your heinous murder!

An important point about the knots is that Girl Scouts don't teach knot tying, so its very unlikely that a woman who grew up in the US would know these knots. The main exceptions would be related to hobbies, eg. camping, rock climbing, crafts, sailing, etc. I've always thought that from the beginning. Experts may claim the several different knots and bindings used on RZ were not unusual, but they're very unusual for a woman of RZ's age, background, etc. The average US woman isn't familiar with knot tying outside of basic stuff like tying shoes or wearing a scarf. It's not a something we need or care to know.

sometimes racism is hard to see, but what it is is in this instance is marginalization. They decided early on this was easy to make go away. She had no advocate and LE made no attempt to find assistance for Rebecca's family. They looked at Rebecca as live in girlfriend, someone with no immediate family around, someone foreign and expendable.

I believe this arose from pressure from the Shackli's , once the pressure was applied, once some kind of benefit was offered, then the question was ...How expendable is Rebecca? Well, she was way more easy to dismiss then say a young white woman with a
family of established english speaking relatives down the street. Can we at least agree on this?

great sympathy for the loss of a child is part of what colored this case IMO ...but only part of it...making it go away had a great deal to do with the victim.

also , even though she had some little dramas in her life as a young woman, we really don't know the reason these things happened, but she does not seem like she was prone to big dramatic gestures, writing on walls, exhibitionism, suicidal ideation and threats. Not once.

mOO

Agree on all of this. In many aspects, it's sexist, racist and class discrimination.

yes we know how to make a braid and tie our shoes, maybe we made lanyards in camp..I wouldn't have the first idea how to tie a cattle hitch, a noose , or a slip knot, even...do half of us even know how to tie a tie any more? no!

a tow boat captain however....

just adding...the OVERKILL...the staging! he thought this would look like a typical suicide
of an asian woman, because tying sexual practices in the orient...so stupid and obvious that
this is someone who festishizes asian women and asian *advertiser censored*.

I wonder if he wrote that on the wall while she was alive and watching...

Im really interested in that possible gloved phone swipe.

we need to come up with how he did this without getting foot prints on the balcony..

maybe she never went off that balcony at all and he dragged her down to the yard...its so weird the table is right there...maybe he foisted her up? could this explain the odd way the rope slipped on her neck? maybe it could explain the dirt on her feet?

so assaulted in the shower , dragged to the bedroom, tied up..maybe possibly led back through the house gagged..and hung up the yard.

I want to see one suicide that looks even remotely like this..

mOO

BBM

Also keep in mind that the family asked California's Attorney General to review the case. To review the decisions made by the sheriff's office that favored the wealthy over the marginalized.

The Attorney General refused.

That Attorney General was Kamala Harris.

Rebecca Zahau, marginalized woman of color, did not rate a review by the Attorney General's office.

Just another frightening fact about this horrible situation.

ymmv lrr jmho

In defense of Kamala , it may have been something in the presentation or extenuating circumstances that caused it to be passed on. perhaps because of the civil case or some other technical issue. I'm sure it happens and perhaps
she thought it would be better pursued in an actual court proceeding, which is what will happen now in a lawsuit..hopefully.. Maybe she just doesn't see it or doesn't think they can make the criminal case and it could cost the state.

maybe I have no idea what Im talking about..theres always that possibility :)

mOO

In defense of Kamala , it may have been something in the presentation or extenuating circumstances that caused it to be passed on. perhaps because of the civil case or some other technical issue. I'm sure it happens and perhaps
she thought it would be better pursued in an actual court proceeding, which is what will happen now in a lawsuit..hopefully.. Maybe she just doesn't see it or doesn't think they can make the criminal case and it could cost the state.

mOO

Not to be political, but I'm on the same "team". Kamala blew it off. RZ's family tried to make an appeal, but Jonah Shaknai, a wealthy political donor, got the first letter to Harris. His requested a much more limited review and offered very flimsy reasoning. It was a softball over the plate that Harris could deny easily.

Harris always needs to be reminded of her neglect in this case.

Not to be political, but I'm on the same "team". Kamala blew it off. RZ's family tried to make an appeal, but Jonah Shaknai, a wealthy political donor, got the first letter to Harris. His requested a much more limited review and offered very flimsy reasoning. It was a softball over the plate that Harris could deny easily.

Harris always needs to be reminded of her neglect in this case.
How much did Jonah donate to Kamala’s various causes? Seriously?! IMO

mOO
I believe OP is referencing that it was the undertone of JS letter, and I agree:

In a letter sent Monday, Jonah Shacknai told Attorney General Kamala Harris that he has no reason to question the San Diego County Sheriff's Department investigation that determined Zahau, 32, committed suicide by hanging herself.

Shacknai said he hopes an evaluation of the department's findings will quiet the ongoing speculation about the deaths of his girlfriend and his 6-year-old son, Max, who was fatally injured in a fall at the mansion two days before Zahau died.

[..]

In his July 13 request for a warrant to search the mansion and a vehicle parked in the garage, Detective Brian Patterson wrote that based on the way Zahau was found he believed the death was a homicide.

Shacknai asks AG to review death investigation

I would like to know of other suicides they based their conclusions on. Other suicides where a woman binds and gags herself in this ridiculous fashion and pitches herself off a balcony stark naked.

come on, it's ridiculous...and why take a shower first only to bleed all over the carpet? why naked?

Adam knew she was completely alone in that house and no one was coming...everything fell in place for him to make it look like suicide..also he had a good excuse to give himself..she deserved it.

wonder if he has any other personal problems that have been covered up by his brother.

he is guilty of her death in a civil court of law ... GUILTY.

he should be in prison..I don't believe him.

note: even though RZ had reasons that could cause someone to want to end their life, I don't believe she would have done so in this way...there is just no way she would stage this bloody dramatic nude suicide..absolutely not. this was the action of a raving lunatic and I don't see her that way at all. she would never do this to her family. She would never compound the pain to someone who has lost a child regardless of her own feelings.

wouldn't a simple hanging suffice? why not in the shower or closet? no no no..

mOO

I just saw that Caitlin Rother's new book, "Death on Ocean Avenue: Inside the Coronado Mansion Case" will be released on April 27.

She's also doing a virtual book tour:

https://www.caitlinrother.com/post/...4HDSnz2TGAaDgAWbhNVqPwkdizzd7DzgVnKDFjL87YAl0

I know Rother is a San Diego journalist and established true crime author, but I don't know anything about this book. I do remember that she attended every day of the civil trial and I was always impressed with her commentary on our local news stations.

Does anyone know if Tricia is going to interview her, too?

I just saw that Caitlin Rother's new book, "Death on Ocean Avenue: Inside the Coronado Mansion Case" will be released on April 27.

She's also doing a virtual book tour:

https://www.caitlinrother.com/post/...4HDSnz2TGAaDgAWbhNVqPwkdizzd7DzgVnKDFjL87YAl0

I know Rother is a San Diego journalist and established true crime author, but I don't know anything about this book. I do remember that she attended every day of the civil trial and I was always impressed with her commentary on our local news stations.

Does anyone know if Tricia is going to interview her, too?

The promo advertises "new facts". I wonder what new facts she's come up with, or if its the information we already have? It also mentions the author's knowledge and understanding of suicide. Not sure where that's going.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms
Back