CA CA - RICHARD RAMIREZ, Night Stalker, 1980's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Capture

Two days later, his mugshots were broadcast on national television and printed on the cover of every major newspaper in California.[23] The next day Ramirez was identified, chased, surrounded, and severely beaten by an angry mob in East Los Angeles as he was trying to steal a car. Police had to break up the mob to prevent them from killing Ramirez.

lol-go LA!!!!

There was a reason he had fans. He was a rare serial killer, he was easy on the eyes and also extreme. Gods Speed Richard.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRyRbJVqtGA"]Serial Killer Richard Ramirez Interview âž* The Night Stalker - YouTube[/ame]

I worked with 2 victims. Being a live and let live, karma will bite you kinda person, I still wish he didn't survive crowd that chased him. It really irks me that he lived out his life better than CA needy and I had to pay for it.

There was a reason he had fans. He was a rare serial killer, he was easy on the eyes and also extreme. Gods Speed Richard.

Serial Killer Richard Ramirez Interview âž* The Night Stalker - YouTube

i remember reading somewhere that ( survivors?) described him as having horrible breath....wikipedia offers this "The news media dubbed the attacker, who was described as having long curly hair, bulging eyes and wide-spaced rotting teeth, "The Walk-in Killer" and "The Valley Intruder".".....i remember that reference of the rotting teeth/horrid breath?

i found this too on trutv crime library about his childhood and the bad teeth

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/ramirez/satan_2.html

Sonya, are you aware that in the video you linked, RR is quoting Shakespeare, DH Lawrence, Nietzche, and other folks like Anton Le Vay (he the author of the Satanic Bible, or whatever it's called)?

While I will agree that he was handsome in a stark way, he is nothing more than a parrot - trying to appear learned and educated, all-worldly and understanding the deepest depths of man. But rather, he strings the quotes along in such a way that it's utterly and completely apparent that he neither understood nor understood that he didn't understand what he was quoting.

And those theatrical harumphs and sighs. Poor acting. He was indeed reading from a script, but it was a psychopathic script rather than anything that would illuminate mankind's more evil nature.

He's burning. And I'm gleeful about that, God forgive me. Simply gleeful.

Best-
Herding Cats

I have to admit that Im pretty happy to see this guy gone as well. Like others have posted he lived a longer and much more peaceful life than his victims did.

Im flabbergasted someone would even consider marrying this piece of trash, theres no cure for that kind of evil and whoever it was should be ashamed of themselves. IM ashamed that somewhere back in time we even shared the same gene pool.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder, of course, but I don't think he was handsome at all. Very unhealthy looking and had "the crazy eyes"., imo.

Serial Killer Richard Ramirez Interview âž* The Night Stalker - YouTube

Eh.....I will admit there are some killers that could be considered nice looking in spite of their crimes...but.not him. The.eyes...the crazy eyes that I have seen in many others...no..IMO not even close. Hearing about the teeth and breath just make me shudder

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

all due respect hep c is more blood xmission vs a STD. drug needles( or dirty home made tattoo guns/needles), blood transfusions, even like a used razor or medical ( nurse getting accidentally "pricked" by a contaminated needle for example) are the main running causes..mainly drug use i think now a days is the main high risk ( transfusions not so much esp with the way they screen the blood donations now, vs the days for example vietnam war) sex is very low chance( would have to be rough/break skin blood contact) but yes condom is always a good practice to protect from ANYTHING/STD/disease>.

im one of those 10% who do have hep c. diagnosed in '99. so far ( knock on wood) my liver enzyme levels are normal ( vs elevated) and i think its in a "dormant" phase? i dont drink and i avoid acetemetaphin ( the ingrident in tylenol for example, hard on the liver) and so far so good. but as for night stalker, yeah couldnt happen to a better dude

Hep B is the STD...you.are correct in how Hep C is.primarily transmitted....I am glad that you are doing well truly.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

i remember reading somewhere that ( survivors?) described him as having horrible breath....wikipedia offers this "The news media dubbed the attacker, who was described as having long curly hair, bulging eyes and wide-spaced rotting teeth, "The Walk-in Killer" and "The Valley Intruder".".....i remember that reference of the rotting teeth/horrid breath?

i found this too on trutv crime library about his childhood and the bad teeth

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/ramirez/satan_2.html

Most definitely that was one of the things that the surviving victims remembered the most. Always believed the rotten teeth were from drug use, and now his death ultimately from that also. Later on in prison he finally got dental work done, most likely dentures.

MOO

Hearing of Ramirez's death, the first thing that came to mind was a quote attributed to him after his arrest...when he told the detectives "You don't know Satan" and smirked.

Well, now YOU definitely do know him, Richard Ramirez. Enjoy eternity together...

:devil:

Jebus. I know nothing about this case other than the name, but (wikipedia):

As a child, Ramirez was influenced by his cousin, Mike, a Special Forces veteran who boasted of his gruesome exploits during the Vietnam War and showed him Polaroid pictures of his victims.[12] These included pictures of Mike raping a Vietnamese woman. The last picture of that series showed Mike posing with the woman's severed head.[13] Ramirez was present the night Mike shot and killed his wife, and her blood spattered on Ramirez's face.[citation needed] Ramirez was 13 years old at the time. After the murder, his behavior changed dramatically; he dropped out of school, began using drugs, and adopted odd sleeping habits.[14]

I know nature vs. nurture is constantly debated here at WS in the making of a killer, but jebus. Definitely some 'nurture' problems here.

BBM: Not so fast......the uncle and RR were related. That could be an inherited trait, a la "nature".

Just putting that out there. Without brain flouroscopy scans, we don't know.

LOS ANGELES | Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:59pm EDT

(Reuters) - The California serial killer known as the "Night Stalker," who died this month at age 53 while on death row for a mid-1980s reign of terror in the Los Angeles area, succumbed to complications of cancer, authorities said.
Richard Ramirez, who in 1989 was convicted of committing 13 murders in the Los Angeles region, died on June 7 of complications from B-cell lymphoma, the Marin County Sheriff's Office, Coroner Division, said in a statement.
Ramirez had been held on death row at San Quentin State Prison, but he died at Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, California, where he had been taken for treatment.
Aside from cancer, Ramirez also suffered from chronic substance abuse and the infectious disease hepatitis C, which harms the liver, according to the coroner division.Ramirez committed a string of killings from June 1984 to August 1985 that horrified the Los Angeles region and captured national attention. He declared at his 1989 sentencing that he was "beyond good and evil ... beyond your comprehension."
The killer dubbed the "Night Stalker" attacked most of his victims by creeping into their homes late at night, usually through an open window. In the cases of some couples he singled out, Ramirez killed the husbands with a single gunshot to the head, then raped and murdered their wives.
The lanky, long-haired Ramirez gouged out one woman's eyes. He left a pentagram, a symbol of devil worship, scrawled in lipstick on the wall of a bedroom where two elderly women had their heads smashed with a hammer.
As his reign of brutality spread throughout Southern California, people locked themselves in their homes and slept with revolvers under their pillows. Attendance at night schools and cinemas fell. Burglar alarm companies ran out of alarms. more at link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/17/us-usa-nightstalker-idUSBRE95G16U20130617

LOS ANGELES | Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:59pm EDT

(Reuters) - The California serial killer known as the "Night Stalker," who died this month at age 53 while on death row for a mid-1980s reign of terror in the Los Angeles area, succumbed to complications of cancer, authorities said.
Richard Ramirez, who in 1989 was convicted of committing 13 murders in the Los Angeles region, died on June 7 of complications from B-cell lymphoma, the Marin County Sheriff's Office, Coroner Division, said in a statement.
Ramirez had been held on death row at San Quentin State Prison, but he died at Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, California, where he had been taken for treatment.
Aside from cancer, Ramirez also suffered from chronic substance abuse and the infectious disease hepatitis C, which harms the liver, according to the coroner division.Ramirez committed a string of killings from June 1984 to August 1985 that horrified the Los Angeles region and captured national attention. He declared at his 1989 sentencing that he was "beyond good and evil ... beyond your comprehension."
The killer dubbed the "Night Stalker" attacked most of his victims by creeping into their homes late at night, usually through an open window. In the cases of some couples he singled out, Ramirez killed the husbands with a single gunshot to the head, then raped and murdered their wives.
The lanky, long-haired Ramirez gouged out one woman's eyes. He left a pentagram, a symbol of devil worship, scrawled in lipstick on the wall of a bedroom where two elderly women had their heads smashed with a hammer.
As his reign of brutality spread throughout Southern California, people locked themselves in their homes and slept with revolvers under their pillows. Attendance at night schools and cinemas fell. Burglar alarm companies ran out of alarms. more at link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/17/us-usa-nightstalker-idUSBRE95G16U20130617

when i read this update i wondered at first if it was cancer of the liver/ which can apparently be a result of hep c? however i found this article

http://news.yahoo.com/night-stalker-killer-richard-ramirez-died-cancer-225905845.html

"Richard Ramirez, who in 1989 was convicted of committing 13 murders in the Los Angeles region, died on June 7 of complications from B-cell lymphoma, the Marin County Sheriff's Office, Coroner Division, said in a statement."

wow cancer AND hep c...has my faith in karma been restored???

Snipped:
Jebus.

I know nature vs. nurture is constantly debated here at WS in the making of a killer, but jebus. Definitely some 'nurture' problems here.

Two brain injuries in childhood; childhood abuse; extremely negative influence imparted by an older mentor; witness to a murder at a young age; drug abuse: I personally feel that there's always an element of both nature and nurture involved in the making of a serial killer, and in this case there seemed to be an overabundance of all of the above.

We often hear people say in such cases, "But she/he couldn't help it! Look at their childhoods!" This is a classic example of my take on the death penalty in such cases:

A dog, through no fault of his own, is bitten and becomes rabid. He in turn bites many other animals, leading to their deaths. The dog is captured. Do we keep him alive because he "couldn't help" getting rabies? No. We have to put him down to protect others because even if confined, there's always the chance that he will escape to strike again.

Why this person was even alive in 2013 to die of "natural causes" is beyond me. Seems like not only would following through on the death penalty have protected potential future victims; it would have been more merciful to release the tortured mind that had to live behind this person's heinous crimes.

Why this person was even alive in 2013 to die of "natural causes" is beyond me. Seems like not only would following through on the death penalty have protected potential future victims; it would have been more merciful to release the tortured mind that had to live behind this person's heinous crimes.

My feelings exactly!

One of my favorite authors, Terry Goodkind, says:

"Compromising with murderers grants them moral equivalence where none can rightly exist. Moral equivalence says that you are no better than they; therefore their belief - that they should be able to torture, rape, or murder you - is just as morally valid as your view - that you have the right to live free of their violence. Moral compromise rejects the concept of right and wrong. It says that everyone is equal, all desires are equally valid, all action is equally valid, so everyone should compromise to get along.

Where could you compromise with those who torture, rape and murder people? In the number of days a week you will be tortured? In the number of men to be allowed to rape your loved ones? In how many of your family are to be murdered?

No moral equivalence exists in that situation, nor can it exist, so there can be no compromise, only suicide.

To even suggest compromise can exist with such men is to sanction murder."

If you havent read any of his books I highly recommend The Sword of Truth series.

Ramirez has always fascinated me as a serial killer. Not b/c of his nice facial bone structure and curly hair, or scary crazy eyes. It is because of the randomness of his attacks.

I always knew that the randomness meant mental illness was at play, and had just come full bloom. Not only do I think there was mental illness involved, his family issues involved, we must look at the society he grew up in. I'm certain there was a lot of racism and poverty apparent to him and little chance of excelling in his world was taught to him via society. I'm certain that during his entire youth all of Vietnam was deeply ingrained via t.v., books, magazines,news, everything he was surrounded with. It did not help that during his formative sexual years his uncle romanticized the atrocities with his very own trophies, pride, and tales of what a great time it was to him. T.V. was telling him the same. He naturally equated love with war, sex with violence, humans as prey. Any mental deficiencies he was born with would be further complicated in that environment and come to the full blown crazy young man he ultimately became. Only he didn't see it as being crazy, he saw it as being normal, his wires tripped that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back