CA - Robert Limon, 38, murdered, Tehachapi, 17 Aug 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This trial has me glued to my seat...mostly. I found Hearn's family really interesting. I watch on my computer with headphones on and during Mr. Hearns testimony, my son asked if I had the video paused because the guy had the weird deer in the headlights look, no changes in expression and barely moved.

Hearn's mother was questioned about her son's criminal history and defense atty brought up an incident where something exploded and Jonathan was injured. He sort of suggested that her son was making explosives and she down played it as a chemistry set mistake. Later during the trial we hear about the arsenic and the killing of a dog. The defense questions if the poisoning incident actually happened as nothing on his computer or phone shows searches for it except a recipe for banana pudding. The poison was found deeply buried in a shed/chicken coop and it made me wonder if the defense attorney is on to something. He claims he killed a dog, yet cannot say what neighbor it belonged to and then says he did not watch it die. He can't remember how much he used for the dog or the pudding and the story of Sabrina telling Rob to throw the pudding away is just unbelievable. His entire testimony seemed shady and made up. It makes me wonder if he obtained this poison and experimented with it when he was younger. It sort of made me wonder, if he was a budding psychopath as a teenager, playing with poisons and trying to make bombs. At first I thought he was being open and honest and I found him likable and almost felt sorry for him. After hours of listening to him, I get this weird feeling that he's skilled at conversating in a manner that puts people at ease and makes people trust him. Sort of like Ted Bundy. I think of the things he did, fool his family about his level of religiosity and his use of biblical scripture and prayer to manipulate, he says he killed a dog, he went to a bar to meet up with Sabrina with her husband there and the cell conversations they made for an audience (jury). It makes me wonder who manipulated who. I don't think I'm comfortable with him getting out in 25yrs.

I hope Sabrina takes the stand

I've tried to watch this several times but not enough time since I was watching the Holly Bobo trial. I'm going to try and catch up this week.

There is plenty to skip through to be honest. Hours and hours of tapped telephone conversations which you can barely hear! I just fast forwarded through most of that. Also the self-confessed killer, Jonathan Hearn, is the most long winded individual. He cannot answer a question straight. He has to think about it, measure every word, um and ah and go all around the houses to answer a simple question. I have skipped through huge chunks of his testimony, I won't deny, but have now caught up, and am watching live, so there has been no choice but to listen to it all. Thankfully he is now off the stand.

They left it at a tantalising point yesterday. Video footage of her post arrest in the interrogation room, but then the defence called a sidebar ... and then they cut proceedings for the day. Unfortunately I'm 8 hours ahead in the UK so have to wait until late afternoon here, before things get going.

It really is the most fascinating trial - not least because of the two main protagonists - Hearn and Limon. He was clearly absolutely besotted with her but well, I know you shouldn't judge on appearances, but she really is the most peculiar looking woman and her demeanour in court - well, I won't say any more ... viewers can judge for themselves.

it sounds pretty damning. they have the phone calls.

Yes but I was worried that since the phone calls take place after the murder, they wouldn't necessarily prove that she was in on the plan.

I think the phone calls do reveal her guilt, combined with his testimony but there's always the chance of a holdout.

http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news/local-news/day-10-of-the-sabrina-limon-trial-jonathan-hearn-wraps-up-his-testimony-against-former-lover/818473176

There is essentially no "smoking gun" in the case against Sabrina Limon. There's no DNA connecting her to the crime, no recorded call where she flat out admits involvement. But the prosecution has lots of circumstantial evidence-anecdotes about her behavior that outsiders say made her look guilty, and lies she told to investigators. And of course, they have Jonathan Hearn, who says she was in on the murder since day one.

Recapping second week of Sabrina Limon trial in quotes

http://www.tehachapinews.com/news/recapping-second-week-of-sabrina-limon-trial-in-quotes/article_c89ef3b4-a1ab-11e7-bdc7-cbba4fe52b68.html

Hours of recordings, typically packed with Hearn’s baby talk to Limon, prayers and sometimes paranoia about the pending police investigation, wore on the courtroom last week. At the start of each recording, the bailiff would hand a stack of transcripts to reporters.

By mid-week, fatigue was showing. The stacks grew to be at least six inches thick, Judge John Brownlee began rubbing his temples, and at least one juror shut his eyes, appearing to snooze. Prosecutor Eric Smith joked with Detective Robert Meyer during a break that he’d be popping a bottle of champagne after getting through all the wiretap evidence. Before starting cross-examination, defense attorney Richard Terry described it as feeling as if it lasted "a century."

I've tried to watch this several times but not enough time since I was watching the Holly Bobo trial. I'm going to try and catch up this week.

I was watching that one too last week - trying to get caught up on this one...

Now live streaming - Day 11

[video=youtube;MMevwZ46huE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMevwZ46huE[/video]

ive been following it avidly!

Yes I've been watching. Days and hours of it! Came on Websleuths expecting lots of activity but nothing?

It's an absolutely gripping trial - live stream - got all the ingredients, but little interest here it seems?

Is this the only thread???

ive been following it avidly!

Well at least a few of us are. I thought it would have been the sort of trial that would have grabbed the attention of Websleuths and there would be fast running thread after thread, particularly with the live stream. it's strange how some trials seem to attract so much attention while others go under the radar.

This one has all the ingredients - the love triangle, the sociopathic wife and boyfriend, religion, swinging, firefighting, a charismatic judge, cool collected prosecutor, a fiery defence lawyer - and live coverage.

And yet there seem to be just a handful of us watching?

Love, Lies, Limon: The case against Sabrina Limon

17's Olivia LaVoice has been seated in the courtroom of a murder trial that has captivated Kern County, the nation and media around the world.

Before week 3 of the trial begins, Olivia shared an update on what we've seen so far in court, and more about this notorious love story gone wrong.

After the first two weeks, the murder trial of Sabrina Limon has proven to be scandalous, a trial that has revealed a number of strange twists and turns. .........

http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news/love-lies-limon-the-case-against-sabrina-limon/818344330

for real! all the religion has my head spinning. I was like really they are praying to get away w murder!!

oh don't forget Karen Hudgkins beating up Kelly Bernatene at a hearing!!! lol

Well at least a few of us are. I thought it would have been the sort of trial that would have grabbed the attention of Websleuths and there would be fast running thread after thread, particularly with the live stream. it's strange how some trials seem to attract so much attention while others go under the radar.

This one has all the ingredients - the love triangle, the sociopathic wife and boyfriend, religion, swinging, firefighting, a charismatic judge, cool collected prosecutor, a fiery defence lawyer - and live coverage.

This morning, the prosecution showed evidence Sabrina and Jonathan were talking via cell on his recon mission to the BNSF shop. The call was on May 23, 2014. Robert was murdered November 17, 2014. Purely circumstantial, can't prove what they spoke about that day. But when you add Hearn's direct testimony and the other evidence ...

Also this morning, John Sieman (sp?) testified. He was one of the two people named John, that Sabrina tried to throw under the bus as suspects in Rob's murder. IMO, his testimony was important in underscoring the lies she told detectives. That man was about as dangerous as a fly, and was deeply fond of Rob.

This morning, the prosecution showed evidence Sabrina and Jonathan were talking via cell on his recon mission to the BNSF shop. The call was on May 23, 2014. Robert was murdered November 17, 2014. Purely circumstantial, can't prove what they spoke about that day. But when you add Hearn's direct testimony and the other evidence ...

Also this morning, John Sieman (sp?) testified. He was one of the two people named John, that Sabrina tried to throw under the bus as suspects in Rob's murder. IMO, his testimony was important in underscoring the lies she told detectives. That man was about as dangerous as a fly, and was deeply fond of Rob.

I thought he was murdered in august and Hearn was arrested in November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for real! all the religion has my head spinning. I was like really they are praying to get away w murder!!

oh don't forget Karen Hudgkins beating up Kelly Bernatene at a hearing!!! lol

Oh wow I didn't know about that!!! Goes off to search the world wide web .....

Can anyone who was watching yesterday explain the significance of the snow globe?

I really don’t know what to think, other than Jonathan’s a psychopath.

I can’t believe there aren’t more following and watching. This is an intriguing case, with days of testimony from the admitted shooter and now the defendant taking the stand as well.

She pretty much had to take the stand, or there would be nothing rebutting Jonathan’s bizarre testimony.

This trial has me glued to my seat...mostly. I found Hearn's family really interesting. I watch on my computer with headphones on and during Mr. Hearns testimony, my son asked if I had the video paused because the guy had the weird deer in the headlights look, no changes in expression and barely moved.

Hearn's mother was questioned about her son's criminal history and defense atty brought up an incident where something exploded and Jonathan was injured. He sort of suggested that her son was making explosives and she down played it as a chemistry set mistake. Later during the trial we hear about the arsenic and the killing of a dog. The defense questions if the poisoning incident actually happened as nothing on his computer or phone shows searches for it except a recipe for banana pudding. The poison was found deeply buried in a shed/chicken coop and it made me wonder if the defense attorney is on to something. He claims he killed a dog, yet cannot say what neighbor it belonged to and then says he did not watch it die. He can't remember how much he used for the dog or the pudding and the story of Sabrina telling Rob to throw the pudding away is just unbelievable. His entire testimony seemed shady and made up. It makes me wonder if he obtained this poison and experimented with it when he was younger. It sort of made me wonder, if he was a budding psychopath as a teenager, playing with poisons and trying to make bombs. At first I thought he was being open and honest and I found him likable and almost felt sorry for him. After hours of listening to him, I get this weird feeling that he's skilled at conversating in a manner that puts people at ease and makes people trust him. Sort of like Ted Bundy. I think of the things he did, fool his family about his level of religiosity and his use of biblical scripture and prayer to manipulate, he says he killed a dog, he went to a bar to meet up with Sabrina with her husband there and the cell conversations they made for an audience (jury). It makes me wonder who manipulated who. I don't think I'm comfortable with him getting out in 25yrs.

I hope Sabrina takes the stand

I am with you 100%. He’s a psychopath, which makes it more believable that he was full of lies on the stand - all to get a deal.

If you listen to the wiretaps it seems like he is aware they are being recorded but she sounds clueless. If you listen to them with an open mind, they could be consistent with Jonathan’s testimony OR Sabrina’s.

I haven't watched his testimony yet but caught hers. No way she won that jury over with that performance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics
Back