CA CA - Robin Graham, 18, Los Angeles, 14 Nov 1970

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
what other murders mention a corvette?

the car is/was the key but too late now i guess ?
There was this serial killer who drove a white corvette..

Robert Yates: Son, husband, athlete, father, pilot, teacher, murder suspect | The Seattle Times
May 7, 2000
''Robert Lee Yates threw fast pitches in high school, but didn't have much of a curve. He dreamed in college of being a doctor, but those dreams fell apart about the same time as his first marriage. He worked his way up to an elite post flying helicopters in the Army, but left two years shy of full retirement.

Yates was different things to different people. A stand-up guy, say his high-school friends. A heck of a teacher, say Army subordinates. A family guy. A single parent. A john. Meticulous. Religious.

Spokane authorities now say Yates is a serial killer. European newspapers call him the "notorious Washington Ripper." Investigators from 30 states and two countries have called about him, wondering if he can be linked to their unsolved killings.

Yates, born in Anacortes, sits now on the other side of the state, in jail on a $1.5 million bond. He is charged with killing Jennifer Joseph, a 16-year-old prostitute. But evidence ties Yates to the deaths of 11 more women killed since 1996 in Spokane and Tacoma, says Spokane County Sheriff Mark Sterk.''

There was this serial killer who drove a white corvette..

Robert Yates: Son, husband, athlete, father, pilot, teacher, murder suspect | The Seattle Times
May 7, 2000
''Robert Lee Yates threw fast pitches in high school, but didn't have much of a curve. He dreamed in college of being a doctor, but those dreams fell apart about the same time as his first marriage. He worked his way up to an elite post flying helicopters in the Army, but left two years shy of full retirement.

Yates was different things to different people. A stand-up guy, say his high-school friends. A heck of a teacher, say Army subordinates. A family guy. A single parent. A john. Meticulous. Religious.

Spokane authorities now say Yates is a serial killer. European newspapers call him the "notorious Washington Ripper." Investigators from 30 states and two countries have called about him, wondering if he can be linked to their unsolved killings.

Yates, born in Anacortes, sits now on the other side of the state, in jail on a $1.5 million bond. He is charged with killing Jennifer Joseph, a 16-year-old prostitute. But evidence ties Yates to the deaths of 11 more women killed since 1996 in Spokane and Tacoma, says Spokane County Sheriff Mark Sterk.''
I read a book recently about Yates. If I'm not mistaken (I'm sure I'm not unless the book's author is) the white Corvette he owned was a 1977 model. FWIW

''Last updated November 24, 2020; six pictures added, details of disappearance updated.''
Robin Ann Graham – The Charley Project
  • graham_robin4.jpg

• graham_robin7.jpg

• graham_robin9.jpg
  • robin_ann_graham_4.jpg
  • graham_robin_car.jpg
Graham, circa 1970; Age-progression to an unknown age; Light blue Corvette hardtop, similar to suspect vehicle
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue corduroy jacket with gold buttons, a red jersey blouse, blue jeans and red clog shoes. Carrying a leather purse.
  • An unidentified Caucasian male in his mid-twenties was seen talking to Graham just before she vanished. He was wearing bell-bottom trousers and a white turtleneck and was about 5'8 tall. A primed light blue 1957 - 1960 Corvette hardtop was parked behind her boyfriend's vehicle. The man helped Graham get the car started, then they rode off together in his car. The patrolman said she appeared to get into the man's car willingly. A photo of a similar vehicle is posted with this case summary.
  • It is not known if he has any connection to Graham's disappearance, but there is some speculation that she was a victim of the Zodiac Killer. Graham disappeared during the full moon, which is when the Zodiac liked to strike. There is speculation that Jeannette Kamahele was one of his victims''

I assume the cops couldn’t recall any part of the number plate ?

Wonder if there is a way to cross check sex offenders and the cars they owned ?

If the patrolman saw Robin drive away with the Corvette man, then most likely the Corvette man was aware of the patrolman. I'm thinkimg this was a very experienced perp that was thrilled to take risks.

Wondering if the Corvette driven by the mystery man was stolen, maybe more info. about the car and/or its driver, might be found at this Corvette museum?
FWIW.. VIDEO AT LINK.
1965 Corvette Sting Ray Stolen & Recovered 39 Years Later - National Corvette Museum - YouTube
''In NICB's second Hot Wheels Classics report we look at how the Corvette has fared as a theft target. More than 1 in 10 have been stolen over the past 30 years. In 1970 a 1965 Corvette Sting Ray convertible was stolen one November evening in Nashville, TN. The vehicle, originally valued at $2,200, was discovered almost 40 years later in Scottsdale, AZ. The Corvette was discovered when a collector purchased the vehicle and took it to the Arizona DMV for an inspection. The inspector ran the VIN number through the National Insurance Crime Bureau's database when it came up as a stolen vehicle. The original owner's insurance had lapsed before the theft, so therefore he never got paid a claim on it. Now the Nassau blue convertible is back in the original owner's possession, 39 years later, and today is worth an estimated $65,000. The vehicle is currently on display at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY.''

Wondering if the Corvette driven by the mystery man was stolen, maybe more info. about the car and/or its driver, might be found at this Corvette museum?
FWIW.. VIDEO AT LINK.
1965 Corvette Sting Ray Stolen & Recovered 39 Years Later - National Corvette Museum - YouTube
''In NICB's second Hot Wheels Classics report we look at how the Corvette has fared as a theft target. More than 1 in 10 have been stolen over the past 30 years. In 1970 a 1965 Corvette Sting Ray convertible was stolen one November evening in Nashville, TN. The vehicle, originally valued at $2,200, was discovered almost 40 years later in Scottsdale, AZ. The Corvette was discovered when a collector purchased the vehicle and took it to the Arizona DMV for an inspection. The inspector ran the VIN number through the National Insurance Crime Bureau's database when it came up as a stolen vehicle. The original owner's insurance had lapsed before the theft, so therefore he never got paid a claim on it. Now the Nassau blue convertible is back in the original owner's possession, 39 years later, and today is worth an estimated $65,000. The vehicle is currently on display at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY.''
Excellent thought. Maybe the car was stolen.

Ah yes i see. Someone could have even stolen a car to use for the crime also ?

Yes, certainly.

I was not born yet, but growing up in the 70s/80s, I also have memories too of adults who were not car dealers buying used cars and moving them with plates from other cars. (i.e. You can borrow the plate from the old Ford to drive it home, drop the plates of later, etc.) Not legal now at all, and probably not then either, but I think it was fairly common since I remember it and I grew up in a pretty ordinary household.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back