CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From March 1, 2018 to the day he died?! Almost 2 years he had been going through this? :( I wonder where they got the 3/1/18 date from?

I think, and could be wrong of course, maybe that March of 2018 is the date they moved to El Dorado county as referenced in the complaint. Could be that he was abused before the move as well. Jmo Edited by me.

From March 1, 2018 to the day he died?! Almost 2 years he had been going through this? :( I wonder where they got the 3/1/18 date from?

I think, and could be wrong of course, maybe that March of 2018 is the date they moved to El Dorado county as referenced in the complaint. Could be that he was abused before the move as well. Jmo Edited by me.

I also read March 1, 2018, as the approximate date they began living in El Dorado County, CA
From the minimal info available thus far, I believe the child was probably being systematically poisoned over a period of time. Perhaps something like lead where symptoms reportedly include loss of appetite. Just speculating.

Lead Poisoning Symptoms & Causes | Boston Children's Hospital

I also read March 1, 2018, as the approximate date they began living in El Dorado County, CA
From the minimal info available thus far, I believe the child was probably being systematically poisoned over a period of time. Perhaps something like lead where symptoms reportedly include loss of appetite. Just speculating.

Great post. If he was being poisoned for a long time, I'm sure the poor kid didn't exactly get excited to eat and could have not been able to always keep his food down. I didn't even think of that, but maybe they were giving him food, but the poor little guy was just way too sick from the poison to eat or keep it down. This is horrible.

Ok that makes sense. But if so, obviously means it had been going on long before that because it would be too coincidental to have started on the first day they moved to a new place. That poor baby had to have been feeling awful for years.

"Defendants in California have a right to have a preliminary hearing within 10 court days of their arraignment. The Pipers on Tuesday afternoon decided to waive that right and postpone scheduling their preliminary hearing, said Joe Alexander, El Dorado County Chief Assistant District Attorney.

Alexander said the Pipers were scheduled to return to court March 8 to schedule their preliminary hearing. The two will remain in custody at the El Dorado County Jail."

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article249127710.html

I think no murder charges because they were unable to find a COD? Why do you think that is?
It’s also possible no murder charges were filed because an argument could be made that one of the other children in the home killed him. True or not, that argument could generate enough reasonable doubt the DA is concerned a jury might not convict for murder.

If he didn't know, then he was a negligent and ignorant father....JMO....but it was obvious, from seeing recent pictures, that his son was malnourished and ill. Did he ever take him in for treatment of any kind?
It doesn't sound like he ever sought medical treatment. He is charged with "failing to furnish necessary food, clothing, shelter and medical attention for his child," knowing at the time that the court had made a final adjudication that he was the parent of the minor child.

It sounds to me like they deprived him of food and shelter as a form of punishment. Imo

Have been lurking since the beginning.

Glad he is finally getting justice, albeit too late.
Would JP able to claim he had no idea due to work commitments? How many hours of work would his type of work involve?
I'm just heartbroken that he knowingly let her hurt and starve him. I'm sure LE wouldn't have charged him without enough proof of his involvement. Why would a father do something like this is beyond me. Moo

Also,if they are married then financial assets would be shared, wouldn't they? Why can just JP afford attorney, bit surprised but have no idea how it works in US.
He might have family members that offered to pay for his attorney?

Beks, please do let law enforcement know any information (if you haven't already). We wouldn't want to see the case compromised by anyone posting information online, but I know I appreciate locals coming to the cases and just being here.

So - from all the articles that were posted & the ones I could access - I came up with this. If incorrect - please let me know!

Jordan Piper charged (2/4/21) with child abuse likely to cause injury or death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge, extortion or sadistice purpose, also charged with willfully failing to provide food, shelter & medical attention to the child. $1.5M bond.

Lindsay Piper charged (2/4/21) with child abuse likely to cause injury or death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge, extortion or sadistic purpose & also charged with a violation of poisoning. $1.3M bond.
Piper willfully & unlawfully mingled a poison & harmful substance with food, drink, medicine & pharmaceutical product & placed a poison & harmful substance in a spring, well, reservoir & public water supply.

Also - notice that some articles said their court date would be in the next couple of days - anyone have an actual date? Search on court site costs $$.... :rolleyes:

TIA! :)
Here is a summary of the charges in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Tuesday, February 9th:
*Preliminary Hearing for both (@ 1:30pm PT) - CA – Roman Anthony Lopez (11) (last seen Saturday morning Jan. 11, 2020, found later in evening, Placerville) – death is being investigated as suspicious. *Lindsay Marie Piper (38) “stepmother” arrested (2/3/21) & charged (2/4/21) with 1 count of willful cruelty to child possible injury/death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge & extortion of sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count of willful poisoning/etc. food/etc. Plead not guilty. $1.3M bond.
Piper willfully & unlawfully mingled a poison & harmful substance with food, drink, medicine & pharmaceutical product & placed a poison & harmful substance in a spring, well, reservoir & public water supply.
*Jordon Thomas Piper (35) “father” arrested (2/3/21) & charged (2/4/21) with 1 count of child abuse likely to cause injury or death & causing cruel & extreme pain for revenge, extortion or sadistic purpose, 1 count of torture & 1 count with willfully failing to provide food, shelter & medical attention to the child. Plead not guilty. $1.5M bond.
Police said the seven children living in the home were placed into protective custody as the investigation continued. Sutkay’s (Bonnie & Clyde’s) three biological children (7 (girl), 2 (girl) & 1 (boy), who were living there after a Michigan court granted Lindsay Piper guardianship of the kids in July 2019) in the Coloma Street house Placerville police confirmed. Lindsay Piper has 4 older children (3 boys (15 & twin boys age 13) & 1 girl (17)) from a previous marriage. Roman was Rochelle (Shelly) Lopez’ child. Jordon is bio dad of Roman & Lindsay is Roman’s stepmother. Placerville police on Thursday (2/4/21) revealed that “investigators located Roman deceased inside a storage bin in the basement” of the Pipers’ home. He was seriously malnourished & dehydrated at the time of his death.
2/4/21 Update: Lindsey & Jordon Piper were arrested & charged. Arraignment hearing on 2/8/21. 2/8/21 Update: Father & stepmother plead 'not guilty' for the death of Roman when they were in court on Monday. No additional charges were added. Jordan Piper has retained an attorney, David Brooks, with 35 years of criminal defense experience. Lindsey Piper told the judge she cannot afford outside representation so she'll be assigned a court appointed attorney. The Pipers are expected back in court on Tuesday, Feb. 9 for a preliminary hearing at 1:30pm.

Here is a summary of the charges in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Since OP forgot the summary and/or link, I'm following up to add the actual charges:

Total of 4 charges filed against Roman's dad, JTP, and stepmom, LMP:

Count 1 - (JTP and LMP)
PC: 273a(a) Crime of Child Abuse.

Count 2 -
(JTP and LMP)
PC: 206 Crime of Torture.

Count 3-
(JTP)
PC: 270 - Crime of Failure to Provide.

Count 4 - (LMP)
PC: 347(a) - Crime of Poisoning.

Father and Step-Mother Arrested in Calaveras County in Connection to the Death of 11-Year-Old Placerville Boy, Roman Lopez

Last edited:
We've extended an invitation to Beks to apply for verification so they can continue to provide any inside information they may have in relation to Roman's case.

We hope they will apply and if they do, we'll post on the board as soon as approval is given.

Thank you to all for being here to discuss this tragic case while we all wait for justice to take its course.

@cvalez1975 -Sorry to read you're having trouble viewing the Complaint. It's worked for more than 125 thus far. You might want to refresh your page or change browsers. It's 4 pg, standard, pdf document file. o_O

Also try clearing your cache. With all the rummaging we do, it can really bog things down.

@cvalez1975 -Sorry to read you're having trouble viewing the Complaint. It's worked for more than 125 thus far. You might want to refresh your page or change browsers. It's 4 pg, standard, pdf document file. o_O

i figured it out, it opened under my adobe instead of just opening with adobe for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member