CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job, Rainbow! I'm batting zero, and have all night. Very frustrating. There's a Colleen McNamara that's on the Michigan State Board of Regents and her name is all over the place, but she's not the right one.

Colleen is on there too!! Same high school. I did a search for Marlene 1st and didn't even think about looking for the other sisters until just now. What are the odds? I'm feeling really good about this being them. My fingers are crossed anyway!

That does sound good, Rainbow. Very encouraging. Let us know if you hear anything.

d.o.a. cop said:
Thanks to all who have become involved in this case, and thanks for the kind words.

I thought you might like to know that the scultpure of Jane Doe was done by Gloria Nusse. The man named Arne Svensen took the black and white photo - he did not do the sculpture.

Gloria is a talented woman. I referred her to the Alameda County Coroner's Office last year to do a rendering of Jane Doe out of Castro Valley - a case I was involved in before I left ACSO for the Marin Coroner's Office. I'm sure there's a blog on that case in this website. 48-hours did a piece on that case earlier this year.

Gloria has a nice little website: http://www.clayandbones.com/

Thanks again,

Darrell Harris,
Coroner's Investigator

Darrell, Welcome to Websleuths! Glad to have you here.

I found several Colleen McNamara's, the addresses are in Okemos, Battle Creek and other cities but none for Flint. Can I PM these to you HoT? My voice is gone thanks to this bronchitis or whatever it is that is keeping me coughing 24/7-anyway, if you (or someone) will make the calls I will be happy to PM my findings. Still looking for Claire, nothing so far.

I had interesting corresondence today with a member of Synanon. They told me they saw Rose's picture...this person was there from age 7 to age 14. She has written an autobiograpy and she sent me a copy, it is AMAZING...I can't believe some of it.

I think she will help, she just needs all the information we have. I have started working ona timeline and a list of all people involved, but it's so hard, I am trying to read through all the threads and put it all together....hows bout if someone that has more time than I gets us a timeline together, a one shot look, and a list of all names, people we are searching for and people we know where they are...huh huh?

I have been reading all the letters and I have many questions....

Caught the bus to clumps....what is clumps? <<<edit or who is Clumps?

Waited in dorm, what dorm?

Not going to see family for 3 yrs?

I am being kep with nice care...WHERE?...

They (WHO?) care for me. They think I am 19.

What did she do that she was apolgizing for, why did she feel the family would not want her back...what is the whole story of what happend leading up to her going to Synanon?

Itsreenw, can you email me the list of names, and I'll check them out. I probably have found most of them already... but they're all the wrong ages. This one has to be in her 50's, and all the ones I found were in their 30's and 40's. Thanks for looking them up, Reen. Sorry you're feeling so puny... and I hope you feel better soon.

Christine, the SIL is going to do some work on the timeline and email it to me tonight. I'll post it when I get it.

Christine, here's the timeline the SIL did:

April 1, 1971 Rose ran away, she was found and release to mother's custody (Flint, MI)
April 2, 1971 Court Date (Flint, MI)
April 21, 1971 Rose was assigned a parole officer (Lois Sullivan)
Sent to Jackson Juvenile facility
<DIV class=MsoNormal>Oct 15, 1972 First letter from the Synanon
Nov 17, 1972 Second letter from the Synanon
Dec 15, 1972 Third letter - She indicated that she had ran away from the Synanon
Dec 23, 1972 Wrote Fourth letter - Her 16th Birthday
Feb 3, 1973 Mailed fourth letter - "Sorry but I just got a stamp!", she wrote.
Jan 4th 1974 Petition to the court of Michigan was granted to drop all charges, she was 17

Here are the answers to your questions, Christine:

Caught the bus to clumps....what is clumps? <<<edit or who is Clumps? NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS

Waited in dorm, what dorm? AT THE SYNANON THE NIGHT SHE RAN AWAY

Not going to see family for 3 yrs? COURT DATE HAD PASS AND WHILE PLAYING THE “GAME”, SHE WAS MADE BELIEVE THAT SHE WASN’T WANTED AT HOME. I GUESS IT WAS ESTABLISHED PRIOR TO GOING TO CA THAT HER TERM MAY BE 3 YEARS. OR MAYBE IT WAS PART OF THE “GAME”.

I am being kept with nice care...WHERE?...NOT SURE, SHE HAD RAN AWAY. SOMEONE IN THE FORUM THINKS THIS IS REALTED TO THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD

They (WHO?) care for me. They think I am 19. SAME AS ABOVE

What did she do that she was apologizing for, why did she feel the family would not want her back...what is the whole story of what happened leading up to her going to Synanon? SHE ESPERIMENTED WITH DRUGS. HER DAD WAS INTERCEPTING HER MAIL HOME. SO NO ONE GOT A CHANCE TO SEE THE LETTERS AND TO REPLY TO HER. PLUS THE “GAME” WAS BASED ON LIES SUCH AS NO ONE CARE FOR HER AND HATE IT HER.
<DIV class=MsoNormal>

Tybee is going to help the SIL get registered on WS, so it's possible she'll be posting here by tomorrow.

I think she'll be posting under the name IsabelaPR. She's such a nice person, and I know everyone will enjoy getting to know her like I have. BTW, she's married to Rose's brother Jesse.

Rose's SIL was successfully registered last night! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tybee! I'm sure the SIL is at work now, but hopefully she'll have a chance to drop by at some point today.

I told myself I was going to stay away until the end of the day, but what a heck! Here I am!

I know HoT has posted my e-mails but I have to say again, how grateful we are to have you helping us! You guys are amazing!!!!!!

;) ;)

Now, I better get back to work!!!

Isabela, it's absolutely wonderful having you here! Welcome to WS, and thanks for all of the time, effort and work you've done to help answer our questions.

Isabela it was mentioned that Rose's dad got the letters and didn't tell anyone. Does this mean that Rose never got any response? I'm thinking this could have reinforced the idea that no one cared about her.

When did the other family members learn of the letters?

Thank you in advance for the clarification.

IsabelaPR said:
I told myself I was going to stay away until the end of the day, but what a heck! Here I am!

I know HoT has posted my e-mails but I have to say again, how grateful we are to have you helping us! You guys are amazing!!!!!!

;) ;)

Hiya IsabelaPR, welcome to WS :) We are so happy you have joined us. Look forward to having you here and 'talking' with you.

OH, and PS...you will never get any work done now that you have joined WS...soon you will be addicted and your work will fall behind, just go ahead and prepare yourself...my life has and will never be the same.....I am so far behind on my work it's pitiful :slap:

IsabelaPR said:

;) ;)

Glad you made it! ;)

IsabelaPR said:

;) ;)

Welcome to Websleuths IsabelaPR!!! I hope that we can help you to find Rose:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman