CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone working on reunion.com ? No need in duplicating posts there. I was going to post looking for Rose, Claire or Colleen but will wait and see if anyone has already done so first.

Shadow205 said:
Is anyone working on reunion.com ? No need in duplicating posts there. I was going to post looking for Rose, Claire or Colleen but will wait and see if anyone has already done so first.
Hiya Shadow, I registered there, but didn't have much time when doing it, did a quick 'once over' and couldn't find anything about her high school....I found her high school on Google and did some searches but couldn't find anything like classmates, and her high school wasn't on classmates either, unless I missed it, searched it by Flint MI.....maybe you can double check and see if you can find something, again, I was rushing.

I'm sure all of you already know this but Rose never made it to high school... if she had, she would have gone to Northern High School, sometimes referred to as Flint Northern High School. I'm not registered on either Classmates or Reunion.com, so appreciate anyone who is registered there checking for information on her. I'm almost sure IsabelaPR has put some kind of notice re Rose in one of them.

Also, I think the junior high Rose went to was Emerson, just in case that's on one of the sites. Isabela can verify that for me.

I, too, have looked on the Northern H.S. site but very few people are registered for their alumni or class reunions. If Rose had graduated with her class, we think it would have been the Class of 1975.

Hiya HOT, how r u today :) :)

Can you remind me real quick who Ruth is, I am talking with someone at Synanon and she is refering to a Ruthie, a friend of her Stepmoms, talking about this Ruthie around dates of 7/72...haven't I heard that name on here somewhere...I am being lazy and busy today, so far behind at work!:eek:

HeartofTexas said:
IMPORTANT NOTE!

The stepmothe (Opal) found Rose's birth certificate and her correct name is NOT Rose Leanna Cole but instead is ROSE LENA COLE.
HoT,

Is Opal still living? If so, she should be able the question as to whether or not Rose actually appeared in court as was stated in the document posted a ways back where the charges were dismissed. That is very important. If she appeared in court, then we know that she made it back to MI from CA. We really need to find out that information.

christine2448 said:
Hiya HOT, how r u today :) :)

Can you remind me real quick who Ruth is, I am talking with someone at Synanon and she is refering to a Ruthie, a friend of her Stepmoms, talking about this Ruthie around dates of 7/72...haven't I heard that name on here somewhere...I am being lazy and busy today, so far behind at work!:eek:
Ruth was another girl at synanon. I think that Rose mentioned her when she said that they wnet to the boot camp.

Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
IMPORTANT NOTE!

The stepmothe (Opal) found Rose's birth certificate and her correct name is NOT Rose Leanna Cole but instead is ROSE LENA COLE.

How did I miss this post? I could even find it to quote, didn't look too hard though I must admit....I didn't know this...glad I saw it! This is very important, thanx HOT!

Shadow205 said:
Ruth was another girl at synanon. I think that Rose mentioned her when she said that they wnet to the boot camp.
Thanks Shadow, I wonder if they are one in the same? I will go back and see how/why/what this other girl mentions Ruth, see if it's a possiblity, wouldn't that be somethin?

d.o.a. cop said:
The current Coroner for Marin County was an Investigator at this office in the 1970's. He recalls the Synanon group out in Marshall, which was located in northwestern Marin County. There were 2-deaths at that location in the mid to late 70's that he could recall. He also recounted how all the women who resided on the compound had to shave their heads, which somehow showed their alliegance to the group. The women also wore long robes. Many of them came to the San Rafael Civic Center in the 70's for sit-in protests - etc...

Maybe some of you know about other Jane Doe cases in the country with shaved heads? Could be an interesting homework assignment for someone.

Welcome to Websleuths!!!! I'm one of the moderators here, so if there's any questions I can answer for you, please don't hesitate to send me a note.

IsabelaPR said:
I told myself I was going to stay away until the end of the day, but what a heck! Here I am!

I know HoT has posted my e-mails but I have to say again, how grateful we are to have you helping us! You guys are amazing!!!!!!

;) ;)

Now, I better get back to work!!!

Welcome to Websleuths Isabela. If I can help you out in any way, please do not hesitate to send me a note.

christine2448 said:
Thanks Shadow, I wonder if they are one in the same? I will go back and see how/why/what this other girl mentions Ruth, see if it's a possiblity, wouldn't that be somethin?

Rose mentioned her in the letter where she describes her visist to Tamales Bay ~ the Ranch~ She said Ruth and her (Rose) were the youngest residents at the Synanon

Shadow205 said:

I have 3 months paid subscription to Classmates under Rose's name. Brenda, Rose's stepsister (friend of Colleen McNamara) also has a subscription. She found Colleen and one other sister in Classmates, she e-mailed them, and she said she sent e-mails to Colleen before through Classmates but has received no answers.

Shadow205 said:
HoT,

Is Opal still living? If so, she should be able the question as to whether or not Rose actually appeared in court as was stated in the document posted a ways back where the charges were dismissed. That is very important. If she appeared in court, then we know that she made it back to MI from CA. We really need to find out that information.

Opal still alive, very nice lady! She gave me the letters and legal documents. She found them in '74, when Jesse Joseph ~Rose's Dad~ moved out.

She made attempts to get information about Rose but was unsuccessful, with the courts and the Synanon. She was not her legal guardian, J_Joseph was. . . :bang:

She wasn’t aware of the court petition, she doesn’t know if Rose showed up. He asked J-Joseph about it when she found the document. He told her not to bother looking for Rose.

Not sure what he meant!

Also, not sure how long after that Opal re-married. But her last name changed and she moved to Alabama. So if Rose, tried to contact her years later her name would have been different.

I figured out the intials I was looking for, but that 'back door' in the site is no longer available..DAG GUM IT!

Isabela since the step mother, Opal, only learned of the letters in 1974 does this mean that no one, other than her father, knew about them?

Did the other kids not mail any letters to her while she was in "rehab"?

Are the letters the only evidence of contact (no phone calls, etc.) that occured once Rose was sentenced?

PonderingThings said:
Isabela since the step mother, Opal, only learned of the letters in 1974 does this mean that no one, other than her father, knew about them?

Did the other kids not mail any letters to her while she was in "rehab"?

Are the letters the only evidence of contact (no phone calls, etc.) that occured once Rose was sentenced?

Correct. The only person who I am almost certain replied to Rose was Claire

Isabella, thanks for clearing that up about when the letters and other documents were found. I thought they weren't found until after the father died... and didn't realize it was when he moved out.

I sure wish we knew what he meant about not bothering to look for Rose. You can't help but wonder if he meant she was already deceased, or something else.

Isabela that is so tragic!
frown.gif
She so desperately wanted/needed contact and her father stopped it from happening!

I read the earlier posts which paint a very dismal picture of the visit with the biological mother (Willie)... BUT is there any possibility she ran there - maybe that's why her father said to not look for her? Maybe Willie got a divorce?

Did any of the other kids have contact, after Rose disappeared, with Willie?

Isabella,

I really hate to ask this but I must. What was Jesse Joseph like? Was he abusive with Opal or the kids? Is there a chance that he might have done something to Rose?

annemc2 said:
I did a little poking around (wishing all the while that I was a genuis hacker) to try to find something that would let us into the Synanon website. Didn't find anything but did end up on www.alumninow.com and www.classmates.com. I didn't fill out the profile on the alumninow site but there were some search hits for Synanon School. On the Classmates site there were five hits, one of which looked particularly interesting. This guy, C.H. said " 1968 disappeared into Synanon (you know why); was private investigator for 15 years;" - to read the rest you have to have a gold membership, and I know some of you guys have access. ;) Anyone want to check it out and see if he could/would be of any help? I'm too much of a wuss to try it! :chicken:
Isabella,
You might want to check this out since you have a classmates membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman