CA CA - Rose Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it will help at all, Rose's real siblings were Jesse and Pose, and her step adopted siblings were Brenda, Norma and Billy. Opal and Jesse were her father and stepmother. Willie May was her real mother. Her real mother and real father are deceased.

Jeana (DP) said:
Since we're trying to get a WHOLE lot of information on one thread instead of an entire forum, please DO NOT it the "QUOTE" button to repond to a post. Instead, use the "REPLY" button or please edit the QUOTE that you're responding to so that we're not reposting very long posts over and over. Thanks for your cooperation.

If you notice posts above that were "edited" by me it was simply to remove large duplicative post.

Thanks ya'll! :blowkiss:

I'm bumping this earlier post of the moderator's up to the top, because there are probably other people new to following this thread who were also unaware of her request.

Shadow205 said:
I received this from Brenda this morning:

brendaholt211955 (6/1/2006 9:20:25 PM): about the short summerie about Rose being on drugs yes rose was doing drugs i remember at least 3 times she was missed up and i know of one time i had to sleep with her all night because she was triping out norma said there was a lot of times she would leave rose some where because she was drinking and wouldnt come home so yes rose had a problem

brendaholt211955 (6/1/2006 9:21:49 PM): oh and norma said claire knew this

This description, given the precise era it is coming from, it simply isn't all that out of the ordinary for a runaway...

Now, were you to explain that Rose had spent a few months in the bowery shooting up heroin and buying opium in Chinatown, then I might get concerned in a negative way; however, there is nothing in that depiction of Rose's substance use at that her age IN THAT SPECIFIC DAY & AGE that necessarily stands out.

Your opinion may differ, but you won't ever convince me otherwise.

I agree with you wondering.

I have a few questions for anyone that can answer...

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rose's bio mom's name Merle and her stepmom's name Opal? Look at the date.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instrument: 199104290000015Volume Page: D300 121 Document Type:
DEATH CERTIFICATE Deceased: COLE , JESSE JOSEPH

Local File No: 1171 Date of Death: 04/29/1991

Instrument: 197909140000019Volume Page: 79
Document Type: MARRIAGE LICENSE
Bride: ORR, MERLE ANN
Groom: COLE, JESSE JOSEPH Married: 09/14/1979

Next subject...
Did anyone ever contact the court in Flint MI to ask if Rose would have been required to be physically in court when that dismissal was granted?

Isabela, what if anything, have Rose's brothers said about their dad's relationship with Rose before she started getting in trouble?
Just curious to know why he'd keep her letters from them.

Did Brenda say what Rose's drug of choice was?

Itsreenw, the only question above that I can answer is re Rose's biological mom. Merle Orr was Jesse Joseph's THIRD wife... and no relation at all to Rose. Willie Mae was his first wife (and Rose's mom), Opal was his 2nd, and Merle was his 3rd. None of the kids even knew about Merle until DOA Cop found their marriage record online after he got involved in the case... so none of them ever met her, and he (Jesse Joseph) died in something like 1991 (I'm working from memory on that, so it could definitely be wrong!).

julieL said:
you will find various legal documents concerning various legal fights esp associated with the loss of the nonn-profit status which was their eventual downfall.

This will not help you find Ms.Rose who had left by 1973, a prime time when many younger and older teens were being probated to Synanon and then left. We nneed to figure out where she went next, postmark of where she went, anyone that called after looking for her etc. More than 50 children were coming in on synanon buses to Tomles daily by 73. Most had left within months. Forgotton immediately.

Do you want to investigate what happened to Synanon or what happened to Rose Cole after she left this place? I'm new and no tone intended but just want you all to please consider what I am saying regarding the very high rate of quick depatures from Synanon at that time.

This is simply horrifying, that FIFTY teenagers were arriving daily at a cult, placed their by the legal systems in states throughout America.

It's just unbelievable.

I agree, Wondering. And when you consider the reputation Synanon developed within about a year of that, it's even more horrifying.

HeartofTexas said:
I agree, Wondering. And when you consider the reputation Synanon developed within about a year of that, it's even more horrifying.

Say, has anyone compiled a list of "must read" books about Synanon?

Also, perchance, are there a list of "must see" websites about this horrible cult?

TIA

HeartofTexas said:
Itsreenw, the only question above that I can answer is re Rose's biological mom. Merle Orr was Jesse Joseph's THIRD wife... Willie Mae was his first wife (and Rose's mom), Opal was his 2nd, and Merle was his 3rd. Jesse Joseph died in something in 1991
You got it girl! Good memory!

No, not really. The Pt. Reyes Light newspaper won a Pulitzer many years ago re an expose they did on Synanon, and it was later turned into a book. Shadow205 is currently reading that but it's out of print and not easily available (mostly on Ebay and places like that). Rik Ross has a good amount of info re Synanon on his cult site. But mostly I've just put Synanon in Google's search engine and read until I'm blue in the face. To be honest, I haven't found much information on any Synanon sites that gives me even a clue as to what might have happened to Rose. I do think she escaped from there and was successful in not being caught again. And she was only there about 6 months (probably June 1 to some time in December of 1972)... so I'm not too sure what info we might find on Synanon would help us locate her. I'm open to absolutely any suggestions, however.

christine2448 said:
I just submitted Rose's story to Unsolved Mysteries website...maybe they will post her story. I know the show airs on Lifetime, but I believe they are all reruns, not positive. Their website does have a submit your mystery link and I submitted...who knows?

Has it been submitted to AETV's program, Cold Cases?

There's also a messageboard at the AETV website where people discuss unsolved crimes and old missing persons cases.

Anybody out there with some decent search skills? Mine are sorely lacking.

I'm trying to find a DOB, and a photograph for a Rosie Cole, who is in theatre & mime; she is married to Lloyd Brant. They frequently perform at Renaissance Festivals, Heritage Fests, etc. The only bio I found for her didn't have much info, besides her meeting her hubbie at a famous mime school in WI.

The ONLY photograph that I can locate of this Rosie Cole has her with her husband, with both in clown costume - so I can't even be sure that this woman is a brunette.

LOL

Can anybody else find me a decent photo --- I'm a bit confused, I'd have thought that folks into theatre would have tons of photos of themselves online - but if they do, I've not run across them.

http://www.theatreoffools.com/theatre of fools show.htm

I sent an email last week to a reporter with a local ABC affiliate in Flint,MI. I received a reply on Friday saying that she was interested in doing a story on Rose. She requested contact information for Jesse which I forwarded to her over the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed, we might be getting some exposure to Rose's story in the very near future.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great job Shadow, great job! Keep us posted please.

I sent an email last week to a reporter with a local ABC affiliate in Flint,MI. I received a reply on Friday saying that she was interested in doing a story on Rose.
Fabulous job, Shadow! Absolutely fabulous.

Great news Shadow. :dance: Is there anything we can do to help? Get the pertinent info organized and put it in a file to email to her or anything?

Shadow205 said:
I sent an email last week to a reporter with a local ABC affiliate in Flint,MI. I received a reply on Friday saying that she was interested in doing a story on Rose. . .

Shadow, could you e-mail her again and let her know we'll be in Flint for the week of July 4th? She has not contact us at this time. Rose stepmom and the rest of the gang will be meeting somewhere North of Flint durng that week. It will be a great time to caught up.

Isa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member