CA CA - Samuel Pharis, 21, Olivehurst, 13 June 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

SmilingSweetly

Reaction score
This is my first new thread, so hopefully I am doing this correctly.

7437_557172894326364_1855748547_n.jpg

The search continues Thursday for a missing Olivehurst man, but investigators are running out of leads in the case.

Samuel Pharis, 21, was last seen June 13. Investigators found Pharis' abandoned vehicle on Sunday in the river bottoms of the Feather River in Yuba County.

Read more: http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/pharis-125927-case-read.html#ixzz2X9tCXE00

This is near to my home and I know people who know this man. If you read the comments section, his mother comments and is very upset. She has no reason to believe he would go missing on his own. I am going to point them over here to see if they can provide other information.

http://sheriff.co.yuba.ca.us/Services/press.aspx

http://sheriff.co.yuba.ca.us/Services/story.aspx?id=307

Press Release Story
Missing Person
(Posted 6/17/2013)

Name: Samuel Pharis
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 150
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

Pharis has been missing since June 13, 2013. On June 16, 2013, his vehicle was located abandoned in the Feather River river bottom area of Yuba County. The subject may be armed, as an empty rifle case was discovered in the car. The public should use caution if they come in contact with Pharis. Do not approach him but notify law enforcement. Anyone with information concerning Pharis’ whereabouts is urged to contact the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department at 530-749-7779. Refer Yuba County Sheriff’s Department case 13-2454.

His poor mother must be so mentally exhausted. I wonder if his friends noticed any change in him, or if had been stressed over something new. It's been so long now!

The gun case they found was empty because he had recently sold the rifle that used to be in it. There is no reason to be alarmed or approach with caution. He is a fun loving young man with many friends.

Law enforcement have said in the paper that they are still concerned about self harm but the family and friends are more worried about foul play. His family knows him best. He is the same age as my son and we have many mutual friends. I live here in the local area. Praying that they find something- anything.

image_zpsb40791a6.jpg

Please take time to share this message from Lisa Heffley of Yuba City...

My 21 year old son Samuel Richard Pharis has been missing since June 13. 2013. His Ford Bronco was found at the river bottoms off Island Rd in Olivehurst Ca on June 16th with no sign of him. The Yuba County Sheriff Dept., Search and Rescue, the Posse, dogs, and hundreds of volunteers searched the air and land with relatively no clues. The search of the water areas is also coming up with nothing. I just know if we could get the message out to more people we would find my child.
PLEASE contact Yuba County Sheriff's office at 530 749-7777 with any information.
I appreciate your help.

Where are you, Samuel?

I used to do a lot of walking and biking around the Marysville/Yuba City area and (before it was outlawed & patrolled like it is now) rode my bike, moped and dirt bike around the river bottoms/levees a lot for exercise and an adventure. I can't tell you how many homeless camps I stumbled upon (thankfully with my boyfriend at the time who was a scary looking fellow). You'd be riding and all of a sudden there would be a bunch of trees with all kinds of (seemingly) stolen tents, blankets, etc hung up and tons of stolen bikes, cookware, etc. It really scared me - every time we found one. Every time we came across someone, however, they were pleasant and left us alone. I guess all it takes is one nefarious person to ruin that, though.

I wonder how much money/valuables he had on himself. I wonder what his state of mind was. I wonder why he was down there (if he was down there at all). There are so many questions. The river bottoms can be a dangerous place. They are sandy and that river has claimed many people, sadly.

I am also very down to help search, if anyone wants to look around the area he disappeared. I'm also down to try to get flyers made and take them around town.

Thank you so much, IHAVENOCLUE. He looks like such a sweet boy. Those river bottoms are huge! It just seems like a lot to search!

no new MSM.
Bumping for Samuel.
Can't believe there has been no further clues.

Wow somehow missed this one until now. I wouldn't say he's "local" but pretty close. Just showed up on my Facebook, a friend of mine says she's seen his flyers around. I hope he's found soon.

Has the river bottoms not been searched?

I don't know, but depending on which river bottoms they're talking about they are SO sticky and swampy. IMO it would be very difficult to search them and feel like they'd been thoroughly searched. I hate to say it but most of the ones around here I walk out in and just pretty much assume I'll lose my shoes to the river glue.

This is sad. I wonder if an accident took place. We know all ages can not win against rivers/waters. Unless he parked his car, and got in with someone else. Maybe check out his history on the net. If he was selling items, maybe he was saving for a reason... IDK
I hope his family finds some answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back