CA-Sandra Cantu, 8 missing 3/27/09 from Tracy,#1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The slashing of Grandpa's tires is what bothers me. I don't buy the cat story. Someone doesn't like this guy. I always tend to lien towards revenge. I saw a show last night that was fiction. But it brought up the crime element sometimes "gangs" that are involved in drugs, guns, and abductions. The Mexican border is so close here. I am wondering if it is now flowing over to these communities and some families are being targeted? (JMO)

The Mexican border is so close here. I am wondering if it is now flowing over to these communities and some families are being targeted? (JMO)
No, this is Northern California, if she were in San Diego, I'd agree, 30 min. from the border, up here we are a good 8 hour drive from the Mexican border.

The direction she walked in is a good start at finding which trailer she entered. This seems to be happening more and more. Its getting so scary out there. Anyone could of asked her if she wanted to come in and see kitten/puppy/fish, this person might know what she likes. And being friendly and someone her family says hi to, she might just be that trusting and goes in the home.
I believe the story of the cats, and its a good thing they have the cameras, might really help. I hope she is found soon!!

PD: Tracy Girl's Disappearance Not Abduction

Search Continues After Child Disappeared Friday

POSTED: 4:01 am PDT March 30, 2009

TRACY, Calif. -- Police said Monday that an 8-year-old Tracy girl's disappearance is being considered a missing persons case and not an abduction.
Sandra Cantu was last seen at 4 p.m. Friday outside of Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.
Earlier, family members said was probably abducted.

Sandra Cantu
Meanwhile, the Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the return of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.
"We are still very hopeful that she will be returned safely to us," said family representative Lisa Encarnacion, adding early Monday that it is "exhausting" for relatives to wait through the ordeal.
Volunteers on Monday continued their search in the community, while authorities were scouring surveillance video that recorded the girl playing in the mobile home community, which is located a short distance from the intersection of North Tracy Boulevard and Interstate 205.
Encarnacion said relatives insist the girl was taken from the mobile home park and did not run away.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19043413/detail.html

PD: Tracy Girl's Disappearance Not Abduction

Search Continues After Child Disappeared Friday

POSTED: 4:01 am PDT March 30, 2009

TRACY, Calif. -- Police said Monday that an 8-year-old Tracy girl's disappearance is being considered a missing persons case and not an abduction.
Earlier, family members said was probably abducted.

"They think that she has just been abducted," Encarnacion added. "And I know that the law enforcement is reluctant to say that at this moment because there is no concrete evidence to back that up."
However, officials said investigation is still a missing persons case and is not being considered an abduction.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19043413/detail.html
respectfully bolded and snipped by me. LE is not "considering" this an abduction legally because they don't have any evidence yet.... but they sure seem to be treating it like an abduction..

Oh they way people can mince words. I hope it hasn't discouraged this family too much!

ETA...I wasn't getting all neuro on your post Jay LOL... when I read it back it sounded that way... I am upset at the way LE can "word" things.... frustrating....

HLN covering story: 8 yr old girl missing in Nor Cal., Mike talking to Mother Maria Chavez. How is family holding up: its devasting. Friday after school Sandra asked to go to friends, live in same area. Nothing out of the ordinary. Is Sandra outgoing? Child too friendly, yes. Anyone suspicious around, any leads? LE has not said anything to Maria. LE is working with FBI agents and continue to receive info on tip line. Nothing specific and LE still consider suspicious. Some good leads and LE cannot release anything yet.

They need to be treating it like an abduction AND telling everyone it is believed to be an abduction so people will take it seriously. I saw a quick blurb while flipping around cable news early this morning (can't remember which channel) and they didn't even bother to say WHERE in California this happened! Hello?? Our state is HUGE!! They showed the father (I think) pleading for her return, but didn't even mention who he was. I'm in Southern California and was going to be driving the freeways for several hours this morning and wanted to have the info so I could be on the lookout while driving. I had to search the internet (and of course found the most info here on WS) just to find out the details before driving. It disgusts me that I haven't heard about it until Monday morning when this poor child has been missing since Friday, and even then I had to track down the details myself!

Any 8 year old who has been missing for 3 days is almost guaranteed to be an abduction (whether it started as a run away, or not!) and needs loads and loads of publicity ASAP.

ya know....LE could at least be calling this missing endangered due to her sheer age!

Nora, loved your post and agree completely!

KR2, thanks for that update

Is LE trying to psych out someone by insisting that this is not an abduction? That notion is so rediculous. An 8 year old has no capabilities to be able to sustain themselves after 12 hours or so. Heck, there is no evidence she left the park on her own! In fact, evidence shows she probably didn't. Hello????

If the little girl told her friend that she was going to run away, I hope they are checking all her friends homes. A friend might be hiding her out in their closet while everyone is looking at adults.

My issue with the "running away" comment is that it was allegedly a five year old little girl that said it. Could she have been projecting? I do agree that all the homes need to be searched of friends/kids in the t~park as well. Especially those in the direction she was heading on the video...away from the front entrance.

When I think about my son (same age roughly) and what grabs his little attention when he is meandering...I wonder what was in Sandra's line of sight to divert her attention from walking into her house (where she seemed to be headed when she returned from visiting the first friend).. Something pulled her back that way imhoo. Or she began walking that way when whatever it is happened. So perplexing with only one way in and out of that park....

I'm thrilled to say I just saw a VERY long report about Sandra on Prime News on Headline News Network!!! They interviewed her mother, and I'm hoping this is just the beginning of giving sweet child the coverage she deserves! LE & the media need to get her face shown everywhere possible ASAP.

I agree about the "running away" comment from a young child. Who knows if that is accurate! I said that countless times as a young child, yet never followed through. Even if Sandra did run away (which I don't personally think is the case), she's been missing for THREE DAYS!!! Obviously she's not wandering the streets alone, or she would have been found by now. She would be hungry, tired, crying, dirty, scared, and I'm sure she would walk into the nearest store/school/somewhere and ask for help - if someone notice her and call the police first.

I'm hoping LE is turning that mobile home park inside out!

I saw the report this afternoon too on HLN and it BOTHERS ME that they ended with the police person being interviewed saying, "we don't suspect foul play". WHAT???:banghead:

Also in the report (as I'm hope scarfing down a late lunch and gathering stuff) I heard them say, "she had a habit of wandering off".

I bet she never wandered off for 2 days.

They need to stop doing that so people will take this seriously.

I saw the report this afternoon too on HLN and it BOTHERS ME that they ended with the police person being interviewed saying, "we don't suspect foul play". WHAT???:banghead:

Also in the report (as I'm hope scarfing down a late lunch and gathering stuff) I heard them say, "she had a habit of wandering off".

I bet she never wandered off for 2 days.

They need to stop doing that so people will take this seriously.
I heard that too and was bewildered that they would say such a thing...maybe they have no evidence yet that foul play was involved, but just the age and time she has been gone point to it being foul play. Why would they even say that ?

Unbelievable semantics...I didn't know LE had taken to wearing rose colored glasses. We all hope to god that this is true, however, lack of evidence of one thing, does not make the other true.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_12031742

(snip)
"We have no evidence to indicate she's been harmed and is not alive,'' Sheneman said. "So it is our belief that she's alive and unharmed.''

ETA: alive maybe, unharmed doubtful. Yeah right, people that hold children do so for merely the conversation.....

Nothing really just the basics that we already know. Im not sure if there will be more later but she covered Sandra for a whole 2 minutes. Talking about the usual now,Casey.

Nothing really just the basics that we already know. Im not sure if there will be more later but she covered Sandra for a whole 2 minutes. Talking about the usual now,Casey.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member