CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if LE has looked under the trailers? I wonder if they have looked underneath trailors? Who knows if any of them have a trap door on the floor that would lead to underneath the trailor. Someone could have her in the park right now and she could be hidden underneath the trailor and the LE not even know it. I mean that is the only thing I can think of at this point. The cops were called at 8PM that evening right? Well if someone who lived there took her and left with her then they wouldn't have been home when police were searching corect? Or did they not start searching trailors until the following day? As far as I know they were stopping people when they entered and left right?

I showed the video to my friend and she thinks that Sandra has something on her back. She pointed out to me that if it was a shadow it wouldn't be going up like that which is something I never even thought of. My friend also thinks along with others that someone was calling her over.

Yes, but if it's her hair, it would be bouncing up. It does seem like she changes the direction she's headed in. On the other hand, she's all skipping and dancing around.
Hate, hate, hate to think she's out there somewhere and can't be found. :mad:

I watched the presser this morning when they first showed the video - annoying when you cannot hear the questions I agree.

The first thing that caught my eye in the video was what looked like a small backpack on her back. The LE spokesperson said that they had analized the video and were satisfied that it was not a backpack or purse - this is why they were actually holding up the release of the video - for the analysis to be completed on whether it was a backpack/purse or not. LE said they were satisified that it was a shadow.

I am doing the wah wah waffle on this one but if it is a backpack one would think that mom could identify if there was a backpack missing from the house.

BTW the DS mobile home (based on the reported address for Slayter) is inside the circle that Steadfast identified on pix of the mh park about 2 pages back.

Maybe this is a little clearer...I think it's the second or third skip/hop when the bag rises up. It's a split second and very difficult to pause at just the exact second.

backpackorhair2.jpg

adjustedbackpack.jpg

Yes, and she supposedly went missing around 3 or 4. I was wondering why the shadow was so long, too.

I would think because she is turning towards the light right before she goes off screen, her direction would be to her right, headed maybe across the street.

The sun would have been in the West, the direction she seems to turn in. The more she walks into the sun, the longer the shadow will be behind her, and the shadow is only to her left, our right as we look at the photos.

Something on the right side of her body {our left, looking again at the photo} could make a shadow on her body, but I haven't seen a good enough clear clip of this footage to see that yet.

xox

Does anyone have a link handy for the presser this morning?

thanks in advance.

Hi everyone. Sorry to bust in on the convo here...I've mostly been lurking.

I've watched this video enough times and it's making me :crazy:

I think the thing that sticks out to me the most....is when Sandra is leaving the camera she has her right arm up like she is securing something. Same thing I would do with my purse if I was trying to hike it up. Anyone see what I mean?

Are my eyes deceiving me? Maybe I'll look tomorrow after several strong cups of coffee :eek:

I would think because she is turning towards the light right before she goes off screen, her direction would be to her right, headed maybe across the street.

The sun would have been in the West, the direction she seems to turn in. The more she walks into the sun, the longer the shadow will be behind her, and the shadow is only to her left, our right as we look at the photos.

Something on the right side of her body {our left, looking again at the photo} could make a shadow on her body, but I haven't seen a good enough clear clip of this footage to see that yet.

xox

Hi Scandi,

Is what you are saying is that if there was something hanging off her right shoulder over to her back, and since she is turning into the source of the light that the shadow would be on her body and not necessarily on the enlongated shadow that we see to the right as we look at the video. This is hurting my head.

Does anyone have a link handy for the presser this morning?

thanks in advance.

Hi Kaylynn, I didn't see that, but on Geraldo tonight on Fox the police chief was on. I was half asleep :confused: but didn't learn anything new except if the Chief knew something in particular he wouldn't be able to disclose it as he doesn't want to compromise the investigation.

He did say that 2 of the cars they impounded belonged to one of the men they had interrogated - for the life of me I don't know which, but think it is the older guy with the messy white hair.

I also got the feeling they think she was taken to a mobile home in that park, at least initially. He said they had been to and thru every home in the park 10 times, and if they needed to they would do that again. To me that says a camera didn't show her leaving the park on her own, walking. Either she would still be in the park or taken out by auto.

IMO there is a reason they believe she was taken by someone in that park and then maybe that person took her out of the park at a later time in a car. What makes me think that is if there is a camera at the entrance/exit to the Mobile Home Park it would pick up anything going or coming, as movement would activate the camera.

Putting everything they have learned on a blackboard, the comings and goings of all people in that park, it might narrow down the possibilities of how she was taken out of that park. Just thinking.

Hi everyone. Sorry to bust in on the convo here...I've mostly been lurking.

I've watched this video enough times and it's making me :crazy:

I think the thing that sticks out to me the most....is when Sandra is leaving the camera she has her right arm up like she is securing something. Same thing I would do with my purse if I was trying to hike it up. Anyone see what I mean?

Are my eyes deceiving me? Maybe I'll look tomorrow after several strong cups of coffee :eek:

That is exactly what I see!

Ok, well, assuming there is a backpack with her..why would police/her mother/etc. lie and/or not disclose this information?

Hi Scandi,

Is what you are saying is that if there was something hanging off her right shoulder over to her back, and since she is turning into the source of the light that the shadow would be on her body and not necessarily on the enlongated shadow that we see to the right as we look at the video. This is hurting my head.

Mine too LOL, as I am not an expert at shadows. That long shadow behind her as she slowly starts to walk to the right is the absence of light behind her. The light is hitting on the parts of her body on her front side {that reflect the light - dark surfaces like dark brown hair will absorb the light so you won't see a shine like on her arm or face}. That is why it is so hard to see the backpack IMO

If she had turned enough to where the backpack would be in that dark area behind her, I think it would just be seen as a bump on that part of the shadow that corresponded with that shoulder. It wasn't turned quite far enough to see it on the shadow behind her IMO.

I do believe she had a backpack on as right before she starts to turn I think she grabs the strap with her right hand like someone here has said - like ladies do - tucks her thumb under it with her hand over it to keep it in place. xox

PS: I also believe LE might not want the perp to know some things right now. The backpack for one. If it is indeed a backpack we are seeing the perp either has it or has disposed of it. I think LE wants the perp to have no inkling at this point on what they know. He might burn it for instance, or weight it down, throwing it in a body of water if he knows it might tie him to the crime.

xox

She's walking south south east. Her shadow is going to be the same length at any given time of day no matter whether she's walking towards the sun or not, and it's always going to be pointing in the same direction (opposite the direction of the sun) no matter which way she is turned. Shadow length has to do with the angle of the sun in the sky and not how far anyone is from it.
If you scroll down a couple of pages, there a bird's eye view of the trailer park and the route she walked in the video.

Hi everyone!
I have been following this case since the beginning, and I have to
say that all of you have done and are doing a great job both in
your sleuthing and reporting of the case!
All of you work very hard in getting this info out and keep
everyone very well informed and I thank you for that!!

That said, something crossed my mind, and I apologize if it
has been addressed so far.

My thought while reading along was I wondered about the fact
that these 2 or 3 possible poi's, being the ages they are, were they
sort of a 'father' image for her, being that her Dad was in Mexico.
Seems strange she is drawn to the men in the park and a lot
has been mentioned that drew me to that thought.

I hope that was clear! lol Just trying to give myself a reason I guess,
as to why she would connect to them!

By looking at real estate ads and matching the pictures with the homes in Orchard Estates, I've figured out that the house two houses south (the direction she's walking) of the one that seems to have the camera is #61.
61 http://www.fizber.com/california/buy-single-family-home-396825.html

Navy blue, light awnings, bushes, gravel, carport on right.

I'm not saying there's anything suspicious about #61, but I'm just trying to get an idea of house numbers in the park.
#7 is in the far north west corner, and #20 is just a couple houses east of the south west corner. So I guess the numbers go up the farther east and south you go?

Does anyone know Sandra's house number or the house numbers of the men who've been questioned?

Slayter lives at #43.
http://tracypress.com/content/view/17706/2268/

By looking at real estate ads and matching the pictures with the homes in Orchard Estates, I've figured out that the house two houses south (the direction she's walking) of the one that seems to have the camera is #61.
61 http://www.fizber.com/california/buy-single-family-home-396825.html

Navy blue, light awnings, bushes, gravel, carport on right.

I'm not saying there's anything suspicious about #61, but I'm just trying to get an idea of house numbers in the park.
#7 is in the far north west corner, and #20 is just a couple houses east of the south west corner. So I guess the numbers go up the farther east and south you go?

Does anyone know Sandra's house number or the house numbers of the men who've been questioned?

Slayter lives at #43.
http://tracypress.com/content/view/17706/2268/

I think sandra's is #63

Steadfast - can you do this for the property in Oakdale and come us with a name for the cousin?

Salem

My thought while reading along was I wondered about the fact
that these 2 or 3 possible poi's, being the ages they are, were they
sort of a 'father' image for her, being that her Dad was in Mexico.
Seems strange she is drawn to the men in the park and a lot
has been mentioned that drew me to that thought.

I thought about that too... It does seem like her father is dedicated to her. He lives quite a distance away, yet I get the impression that he visits. I don't know many fathers that go to that length to stay in their children's life. If it is someone outside the park, that makes sense to me, because I do not think I would want to be on the bad side of a man that has been to prison.

I think she has a tight knit family. I think I saw an uncle and an aunt talking to the press. That impressed me because its less pressure for her mom and dad.

The only thing I can come up with that would explain the friendliness with the older males in the park is that she is just friendly with all her neighbors and the media is focused on the males that are possible suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop