CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link to the video again: http://tracypress.com/content/view/17727/2268/I'm wondering if this is not just a "stop-frame" as she was moving her arm? Does that make sense?

Salem

Respectfully snipped by me.

I think I understand what you're saying, though in the next "frame" her hand appears to be close to that same position, as if she were holding onto something or otherwise had a reason to keep her hand up there.

Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there - this video breaks my heart and I'm poring over it again and again.

Scary! I never knew that and I've been there several times!!! Hopefully someone can update us about the time that carnival came to town.

In fact, there was a case several years ago down here in Orange County at the Costa Mesa fairgrounds where a carny molested a little girl as she rode alone in the haunted house ride. Very strange subculture, these carnivals and it can get dangerous.

In the presser this morning, the Detective would not talk about the timing of the video. We have been led to believe it was about 4:00 p.m. - but now I'm wondering if someone asked about the length of the shadow and that is when the Det. refused to talk about it?

Also - I agree that the shadow is her hair.

Salem

The pressers would be waaaay more helpful if we could hear the questions. You'd think it wouldn't be so hard to have a mike that would pick up everything said.

Sorry, I posted my previous post before I read this.

I honestly thought she was carrying a backpack over her right shoulder...it still looks like that to me...lol

But, why would LE say it's not?

Is there a link posted for that yet? Anyone know?

The pressers would be waaaay more helpful if we could hear the questions. You'd think it wouldn't be so hard to have a mike that would pick up everything said.

Yeah, that doesn't click for me. Maybe I can remember to go outside and see what my shadow does at that time tomorrow.

I would think if it's a backpack we would see the shadow of the backpack sticking out on the right - where her body shadow is on the ground. I'm still open to the possibility of a backpack, but maybe a smaller one? When my girls were young they had "play" backpack that held small items - they weren't what you see around the schools today. Some even came with little dolls and stuff inside, and one was printed to look like a castle and had two turrets on each end (although my daughter wore it upside down and called it her "rocket"). Also, there are animal shaped backpacks which can be really bizarre in the shape and size. Just something to think about if you think it's a backpack but it doesn't fit your idea of what one should look like.

It does look like straps on the front of her shirt - which seem to move, but that could be her arm. That movement at the end caught me the first time I saw it because I do it to my purse all the time. But like someone said, it could be just her moving her arm.

There are good arguments on both sides, but I'm still undecided on this one. I do appreciate all the pictures posted. You guys have done an AWESOME job!! I watched the video several times but it was really getting to me so I had to stop for a while. She was just so carefree, loving life.

Anybody here a math genius?
"In its most basic form, measuring the length of a shadow can be used to determine the angle of the sun in the sky. In theory, you could use this to calculate the time of day, but it is mildly complicated. You need to know your latitude as well as the time of year (to compute the sun's declination). With these, you can use the sunrise equation to determine how many hours of daylight you'll have today, as well as determine the highest point in the sky the sun will reach. (which is called noon.) You can then figure out where you are between those two points to arrive at the time of day. After that, you have to convert to railroad time (which requires knowing your longitude) and whether daylight savings in is effect. "
http://aisa0.livejournal.com/165052.html

Our astrologers may already know some of the info needed.

Did her mom actually see Sandra that afternoon or just hear her when she came home?

LOL I don't even know if you are serious or not! Does that answer your "math genius" question? I actually used to think I was pretty good at math...but "railroad time"???!!!

"In its most basic form, measuring the length of a shadow can be used to determine the angle of the sun in the sky. In theory, you could use this to calculate the time of day, but it is mildly complicated. You need to know your latitude as well as the time of year (to compute the sun's declination). With these, you can use the sunrise equation to determine how many hours of daylight you'll have today, as well as determine the highest point in the sky the sun will reach. (which is called noon.) You can then figure out where you are between those two points to arrive at the time of day. After that, you have to convert to railroad time (which requires knowing your longitude) and whether daylight savings in is effect. "

Here's a start for anyone smart enough:

Latitude: 37.7397222
37° 44' 23" N
37 degrees, 44 minutes, 23 seconds North

Longitude: -121.4241667
121° 25' 27" W
121 degrees, 25 minutes, 27 seconds West

Edit: according to this link: http://www.convertunits.com/distance/city/Tracy,+CA

Livestream links: http://www.news10.net/news/liveonline/ http://www.fox40.com/pages/main
http://www.kcra.com/index.html (this one seems to work best for me).
http://kron.com/News/WatchKRON4NewsL...4/Default.aspx

The kcra link seems to work best for me, but it doesn't come up until real close to start time. This should be a good presser, with the release of the video.

I haven't caught up on all the posts yet but I will :)

Salem
Nora, here are links for sites that show the pressers. I wish Salem's post could just float permanently off to the right of this thread!

Also, I was kidding about the time equations. But you never know -- maybe someone is reading who understands what that guy is talking about.

Thank God you were kidding!! I was feeling stupid (but posted the lat/long anyway). LOL

Thanks for the links. I didn't realize they would be posted there every time. Duh! (Now I'm REALLY feeling stupid!! LOL)

Nora, here are links for sites that show the pressers. I wish Salem's post could just float permanently off to the right of this thread!

Also, I was kidding about the time equations. But you never know -- maybe someone is reading who understands what that guy is talking about.

Here's a start for anyone smart enough:

Latitude: 37.7397222
37° 44' 23" N
37 degrees, 44 minutes, 23 seconds North

Longitude: -121.4241667
121° 25' 27" W
121 degrees, 25 minutes, 27 seconds West

Edit: according to this link: http://www.convertunits.com/distance/city/Tracy,+CA

I looked it up at the U.S. Naval Observatory and, on the 27th of March, the sun set at 7:24 in Tracy, CA. (1824 plus one hour for daylight savings time.)
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

I think that shadow is way too long for 4:00 pm!

Yeah, that sounds right for the sun set time (I'm in Southern CA) and I know we are in daylight savings time. I thought it was too long also for that time!

I looked it up at the U.S. Naval Observatory and, on the 27th of March, the sun set at 7:24 in Tracy, CA. (1824 plus one hour for daylight savings time.)
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

I think that shadow is way too long for 4:00 pm!

I have wondered this as well. Anyone know?

I haven't heard anything. I don't think there is any relation between the cases. Kyle ran away from state care and back to his abuser who then moved him to Tracy, and the house of a couple she knew who joined in on the abuse. Kyle knew the abuser who held him very well. I think it was a progressive thing where the abuser was able to slowly get the two creepy friends of hers involved in Kyle brutalization. Sandra's case seems more like abduction by an acquaintance who obsessed over her and grabbed her when the thought the moment was right. Either that or a random person from a work crew or the carnival who went out trolling for a kid. I did not notice any gates on the satellite photos we have seen. Is this or is this not a gated park?

This really has me thinking; what if someone is trying to get back at them for trapping cats and taking them to the pound? Taking a child?

You know, at this point, this may be the best case scenario - Instead of a child sex predator, an angry and crazy neighbor who is holding the child to punish the family. I don't think this is the case though.

Here is what I see... tell me what you think. I do not know if you can cast 2 shadows at once and when I look online all I can find is stuff about some game and a book called two shadows. Also my mom does not know and that is nuts cuz she knows everything! I call her my moogle (google haha).

sadow.jpg

Hi LoveMew,

It would be my humble opinion that it is impossible to cast two shadows at the same time.

Here is what I see... tell me what you think. I do not know if you can cast 2 shadows at once and when I look online all I can find is stuff about some game and a book called two shadows. Also my mom does not know and that is nuts cuz she knows everything! I call her my moogle (google haha).

sadow.jpg

It certainly looks like backpack to me, but: There is no discernible shadow of a backpack within the full-length shadow of her body on the right side of the photos. It looks like a profile shadow so I think if she was wearing a backpack, it would show in the other shadow. I can't be sure though.

Hi Steadfast,

This absolutely made my head spin .....LOL.

I haven't heard anything. I don't think there is any relation between the cases. Kyle ran away from state care and back to his abuser who then moved him to Tracy, and the house of a couple she knew who joined in on the abuse. Kyle knew the abuser who held him very well. I think it was a progressive thing where the abuser was able to slowly get the two creepy friends of hers involved in Kyle brutalization. Sandra's case seems more like abduction by an acquaintance who obsessed over her and grabbed her when the thought the moment was right. Either that or a random person from a work crew or the carnival who went out trolling for a kid. I did not notice any gates on the satellite photos we have seen. Is this or is this not a gated park?

I don't think it's gated. I've looked up a few trailers for sale in it to try to figure out their lot-numbering system. None of the real estate ads claim that it's gated.

I showed the video to my friend and she thinks that Sandra has something on her back. She pointed out to me that if it was a shadow it wouldn't be going up like that which is something I never even thought of. My friend also thinks along with others that someone was calling her over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member