CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at the photos that STEADFAST provided I just don't understand how somoene could have taken a little girl and not one person see it happen. And it looks to me like she was really far away from the entrance on the other side of the park.

Thanks Nursebeeme, In another comment she mentions how frustrating it is not to be able to see what distracts Sandra when she hesitates.

I sell video surveillance, and I do know that what they are showing in this footage can most likely be expanded to include a bit more. This might be why LE took their time releasing this footage, to crop it to make sure anything suspicious seen would be kept from the public, and wisely so at this point IMO.

Is it possible that whoever grabbed her knew about the various cameras in the park so had an idea of which areas to avoid? Someone living in the park would have that kind of knowledge, so would someone who was working in the park. It could also mean that the perp stalked her and had cased the mobil park-- maybe one of the residents noticed someone strange in the area.

After looking at the photos that STEADFAST provided I just don't understand how somoene could have taken a little girl and not one person see it happen. And it looks to me like she was really far away from the entrance on the other side of the park.

I agree. That's why I think she went to someone's house there. If she's not still in that park, I think whatever someone it is took her out at night or in the car trunk or something.

I probably just missed it, but has there been any comment/speculation/ LE statements etc. referencing this case in relation to the young boy named Kyle who was kidnapped and held captive for over a year in this same city?
I have wondered this as well. Anyone know?

I agree. That's why I think she went to someone's house there. If she's not still in that park, I think whatever someone it is took her out at night or in the car trunk or something.

I wonder if they have looked underneath trailors? Who knows if any of them have a trap door on the floor that would lead to underneath the trailor. Someone could have her in the park right now and she could be hidden underneath the trailor and the LE not even know it. I mean that is the only thing I can think of at this point. The cops were called at 8PM that evening right? Well if someone who lived there took her and left with her then they wouldn't have been home when police were searching corect? Or did they not start searching trailors until the following day? As far as I know they were stopping people when they entered and left right?

The more I think about the Slayters, the more I get concerned about the age of their son. One of the articles (with the picture of them at the prayer vigil) said Mr. Slayter is 44 years old. The only moms around 44 (that I have run into personally over the years) having a child near Sandra's age ALSO have several other children, and for some of them the youngest was even a surprise. I know it's totally possible the Slayters could have an eight year old son. Some of you may even be 44 with an 8 year old...I'm just saying that would be unusual - especially as an only child. I also think that if their child was Sandra's age, they would have mentioned it immediately because then everything sounds more normal that Sandra would be over there.

I'm REALLY curious to know his age!

Me too! Is it possible that Slayter's son is the abductor? With parents that age I would think that he is in his late teens.

Thanks Steadfast, There is one way in and one way out of the mhp. That is a fairly compacted area population wise - it was between 4 and 8 pm - still daylight hours in Tracy right - this I am not sure on.

You know, with all the cameras in the park and the number of LE, FBI on the case, they have had enough time now to review all the surveillance tapes so they know who/what was in and out during that time frame. Bolded by me "if she's not still in that park" - really I think she is still in that park somewhere but no clue where. I would assume that the family mh has been searched right? There is nothing in any of the videos, etc. to make me suspicious but if that is the only mh not searched then let's get on it.
I am ranting so I am going on a timeout.

The camera angle is really confusing.
"Sandra's grandfather recently installed surveillance cameras on his mobile home after the tires on his truck were slashed, Chavez said - a rare crime for the area that the family has speculated might be retaliation for him trapping cats that trespass on his property and taking them to the pound.
This really has me thinking; what if someone is trying to get back at them for trapping cats and taking them to the pound? Taking a child?

Thanks Steadfast, There is one way in and one way out of the mhp. That is a fairly compacted area population wise - it was between 4 and 8 pm - still daylight hours in Tracy right - this I am not sure on.

You know, with all the cameras in the park and the number of LE, FBI on the case, they have had enough time now to review all the surveillance tapes so they know who/what was in and out during that time frame. Bolded by me "if she's not still in that park" - really I think she is still in that park somewhere but no clue where. I would assume that the family mh has been searched right? There is nothing in any of the videos, etc. to make me suspicious but if that is the only mh not searched then let's get on it.
I am ranting so I am going on a timeout.

Hi Elphner, From STEADFAST'S post earlier I think she was taken by someone who either lived there or maybe one of the workmen. They took two homeowners from the park for questioning, with reason I would think. Maybe the one guy cause he had kissed her on the lips and the other because he left the park about the time she went missing. Just guessing here.

So with the fact LE has now hauled 4 cars out of the park for forensic evaluation, I believe LE thinks she was put in a car and driven away. I wonder who those cars belong to, and if one belongs to a worker? xox

Hi all - I've been out and now have to fix dinner for my company but wanted to check in and see what happened at the presser. I am very surprised to hear there was NO presser and there was no notice of it being cancelled.

Has there been any word from anyone on the searches? Any increased LE activity any where?

Salem

I’ve captured the video frame by frame to show there is defiantly a backpack and to show the alignment of Sandra’s steps. It appears that she was headed in the direction of the gray house. In frame 9 it appears that something catches her attention and she changes direction and heads up the street. In frame 9 you see her head slightly forward as though she might be acknowledging someone she wasn’t quite able to hear. The backpack is definitely visible bouncing up and down on her back when I play the video frame by frame.

If this blows the margins let me know and I will try to fix it
Sandra1-2.jpg

Sandra2.jpg

Sandra3.jpg

Sandra4.jpg

Sandra5.jpg

Sandra6.jpg

Sandra7.jpg

sandra8.jpg

sandra9.jpg

IMG

Sorry I see a shadow. It goes up and down when she does. The backpack would have to be a very weird shape. jmo of course

Here is what I see... tell me what you think. I do not know if you can cast 2 shadows at once and when I look online all I can find is stuff about some game and a book called two shadows. Also my mom does not know and that is nuts cuz she knows everything! I call her my moogle (google haha).

sadow.jpg

To me - what is missing for a backpack are the straps that would show up on her shirt?

Salem

To me - what is missing for a backpack are the straps that would show up on her shirt?

Salem

I'm thinking it only has one strap and it's over her right arm. The last seconds of the video you see her right hand reach up towards her shoulder and slide down as though she's securing the strap, much like a woman would her purse. JMHO of course.

I'm thinking it only has one strap and it's over her right arm. The last seconds of the video you see her right hand reach up towards her shoulder and slide down as though she's securing the strap, much like a woman would her purse. JMHO of course.

Yea I noticed that. I watched it several times again, just that point of the video and she is stroking her hair. Like following her hair all the way down. Watch it with that in mind and tell me what u think.

WAIT. You guys pause the video at 2 seconds in. You can see the white of her shirt and clearly see that a there is not a bag there. I also zoomed in on it after doing a print screen and you can clearly see a shadow there. I don't think she's carying anything now after doing that.

Also, if you look down at her foot on that same side, you can see the same weird-looking shadow by her foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixel8