CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More info:
The suitcase was found by farmworkers at about 10 a.m. as they were draining the pond at a dairy farm on Bacchetti Road in Tracy. Witnesses told investigators it was not there when they drained the same pond about two weeks ago.
The pond sits amid rows of irrigation ditches about 2 miles north of Sandra's home.
Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said investigators immediately had strong suspicions about the container found Monday because it was in such a remote area, was so large, and just showed up.
"We're out in the middle of nowhere looking at this scene," he said Monday evening before the chief's announcement. "It would be very unusual for someone to just chuck something that big out here."
After the suitcase was found, investigators combed over the area, looking for "trace evidence everywhere," he said.
more at link: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/07/MNR116U792.DTL

from the same link...i would think members of her family...

Ambulances arrived at the complex, and two took away people from inside.
I read Sandra's mother had to be hospitalized.
"We can't talk right now," grandfather Jose Chavez said, the sound of crying relatives in the background.
Among the onlookers on Tracy Boulevard was Daniel Cantu, Sandra's estranged father.
The 37-year-old, wearing a black T-shirt with Sandra's face on it, stood among a throng of reporters, waiting for news and viewing the scene with binoculars.
"I don't know who or what would have the audacity to do something like this," Cantu said as he waited for news. "I'm hoping that she's alive and well."
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090407/A_NEWS/904070326

And from the Tracy Press: But police searched a new home tonight, Sheneman said. http://tracypress.com/content/view/17738/2268/

Thank you so much for your posts Linask :blowkiss: It sounds like these investigators are on a mission. In many cases I have studied the police have taken their quest personal, each seemingly wearing a badge on their sleeve.

And I am so thankful they are working well with the FBI. SNAP Now we need Justice for Sandra. ;}

Thank you so much for your posts Linask :blowkiss: It sounds like these investigators are on a mission. In many cases I have studied the police have taken their quest personal, each seemingly wearing a badge on their sleeve.

And I am so thankful they are working well with the FBI. SNAP Now we need Justice for Sandra. ;}
This case is more current, upclose, and personal in more than one way than Caylee for me.

This case is more current, upclose, and personal in more than one way than Caylee for me.

I understand why Linask, as you are almost right there. It's like I took Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis' murders so personal. The day they dug up their bodies next to his house we all watched the coverage from the minute it started till live coverage was over - all day long and into the night. We were in a state of shock at how horrific it was and also how it hit so close to home. xox

More irony: The Pastor's last name is Lawless...

I wonder if his was the new home they searched today? Unbelievable, unless it was done by members of his congregation. If the shed is an active crime scene it sure says allot. It most likely is connected to the church somehow.

PS: Is there a map again of the area that will show the church? I am simply awful at maps or I would go find one.

I wonder if his was the new home they searched today? Unbelievable, unless it was done by members of his congregation. If the shed is an active crime scene it sure says allot. It most likely is connected to the church somehow. oxxo
I'm wondering the same thing. Anybody know what church Sandra attended???:waitasec: In one article an 18-year-old mentioned attending church with Sandra, except wouldn't the family more likely be Catholic than Baptist?

I'm wondering the same thing. Anybody know what church Sandra attended???:waitasec: In one article an 18-year-old mentioned attending church with Sandra, except wouldn't the family more likely be Catholic than Baptist?

There are a lot of Baptist, Pentecostal and Mormon Hispanic families in my Bay Area neighborhood. It is possible they belonged to this church. Does anyone know anything about the Sovereign Grace Church? That is the name of the family (don't know if this is the right term?) of churches the Clover Road church belongs to. I hope this isn't offensive, but my curiosity is definitely piqued.

oh man, searching for "sovereign grace church" brings up some interesting results....

I have no idea what the validity of this is, but take a look at this site I found about SGM. If it OT or not constructive to the discussion, I can remove.

http://www.sgmsurvivors.com/

The purpose of the site is to provide a place where “survivors” of SGM experiences can find support and information and work through what happened to them. Also, I believe the site serves a secondary purpose of warning people about what can happen if one is not alert to methods used by controlling and manipulative church leaders. Further, the site has now become an avenue for the accountability that SGM leaders have lacked in the past. Leaders now can know that if they mistreat or abuse those entrusted to their care, there’s quite a possibility that their victims won’t always be silent.

I so agree with you, these monsters do not deserve any rights.They are unfixable our innocent children rights should be more important then these

Yet they get chance after chance..to live in close quarters with and have unrestricted access to our children. What chance did she have, a beautiful little girl surrounded by sicko's??
It makes me sick, I am sick of these pigs who prey on our children and take them away from the people who love and adore them. Soon we'll probably find out the depressing history of how this person was a repeat offender who was in the right place for the right sick crime.

Prayers to Sandra and her family and everyone who cares about her. I pray she didn't suffer long.

That poor little baby... I pray she didnt suffer...
Rest in Peace little Sandra..

I do not know how I am going to be able to sleep much tonight. I cannot get the picture of that suitcase out of my mind, and the precious little girl happiness and life seen in the video. Poor baby girl :( I wish I could rewind time and about 1.5 seconds before that video ends, tell her to go home. I hope you rest well in the angels arms tonight little one.

Ugh. I just heard of this news when I got home a few minutes ago from work. So sad.

It makes me crazy. I see the video of her skipping down the street... happy to be alive, and then...

My heart hurts for this little girl, and her family. Another bright beautiful child taken from this earth way too soon.

RIP Sandra.

I do not know how I am going to be able to sleep much tonight. I cannot get the picture of that suitcase out of my mind, and the precious little girl happiness and life seen in the video. Poor baby girl :( I wish I could rewind time and about 1.5 seconds before that video ends, tell her to go home. I hope you rest well in the angels arms tonight little one.

I know, can you imagine Sandra's poor mother tonight? Well I guess her whole family, but it is her mother I can't stop thinking of tonight, and how she begged and pleaded for the return of her daughter. What a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en