CA-Sandra Cantu Missing/Located from Tracy, #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The name sounds staged to me, too. The first name seems too trendy for an older man or what his mom would have chosen years ago. I can't imagine why any Baptist would want a stage name, but the last name sounds Baptist-like. Baptists are big on grace and not being under the law. They're lawless I suppose.

I thought about Johnny Cash and the Carters. But I didn't want to get anyone upset because I don't know the specific label for their beliefs.

I have not read about a disabled person, who's son is that?

I'm going to go look that up. I believe it was the family that a picture of Sandra in the window of their trailer. If its the family that I'm thinking of, they had actual pictures of them at or close to one of the first candle light vigils. Does that ring any bells with anyone?

I wanted to ask Salem a question before I went to check it out... you mentioned that a despirite act on the part of the criminal may be on the horizon. Wasn't the brother of one of the Persons of Interest a suicide. Was it Wohler's?

does anyone know if the church had any kind of out of town gathering....could there have been a invitation of some kind ....stuck to the side pocket of the case...and was missed when looked thru before the body was placed inside....im trying to think of something small enough to be missed....by the perp...something was there to get the attention of a search warrant on the church...something ties the church to the bag...

i think this person wanted her to be found....knowing the pond would be empty again...

does the church give out ....bibles, crosses, anything like that....that could have been placed with sandra.....

something to do with the church
something to do with the shed-what would be in that shed?
something in the suit case

think about it.....what would you put in the shed for the church and then take it with you some where in a suit case?

Thank you for the info daisy.faithfull I will have to do some searching tomorrow.

I have to get some rest too, but he starts to get mentioned on this page:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3562163&highlight=slayter+son#post3562163

But I still don't have the original source where it came from.

ADDED:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3562163&highlight=slayter+son#post3562163
This is a great post that was summing up some of what had been discussed on that evening. Written by Nursebeeme, post 362 on thread number 4:
sinclair: scruffy neighbor guy that got arrested for obstructing justice. also had some restraining orders filed on him in the past. got three of his cars towed, his house searched several times and has a cousin on school avenue in oakdale who had cars towed, house searched, boat searched, yard dug up

wohler: kissing, martial arts, swimming pool man who also, according to one across the street neighbor had a thing for frequently driving past Sandra's house

slayter: had sandra over frequently to play games and go bowling. Also scruffy and married to Debra. Has an adult disabled son. Had cars towed, house searched and some say led away in cuffs to the station for questioning. quoted as saying he warned sandra about some adults and that she didn't have kid friends...she had adult friends.

I believe that it is the same son they are talking about, but I'm not sure if we ever got an actual age for him.

does the church give out ....bibles, crosses, anything like that....that could have been placed with sandra.....

something to do with the church
something to do with the shed-what would be in that shed?
something in the suit case

think about it.....what would you put in the shed for the church and then take it with you some where in a suit case?

Sheds have splinters, especially if they are weathered. Depending on the size of the shed I would think that it would be a tight fit with the , the suitcase and Sandra if that is the crime scene. Splinters on the suitcase, on Sandra. That would be trace evidence.

Stuff like bibles, crosses... I don't know if they would be stored in an outside storage unit due to exposure. The suitcase could have come from anywhere. I don't know if it would have been stored in an outside shed though.

I think that the potential for odds and ends linking the church to the suitcase would be fairly high if the suitcase is connected to the church. There's just so many things that are commonly found in a church, yet are rarely found in your average american home.

Thank you for the info daisy.faithfull I will have to do some searching tomorrow.

I found the link to the article in the Tracy thread that Nursebeeme is referencing at this post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3558978&highlight=slayter+son#post3558978

however when I attempt to connect to the article she is referencing, it says file not found. Not sure what to do. I suppose it doesn't matter. The son was never mentioned as a Person Of Interest, I was just curious about him because I believe his father was a POI. Sometimes bigger children with disabilities don't know their own strength and if he was doing something or trying to do something he had seen his father doing it could be a dangerous situation.

The problem is, the neighborhood has so many potentially dangerous situations. Parents really have their work cut out for them. That sounds so cliche, but it is so true. I guess it is true what they say, it truly does take a village.

Good night everybody! I'm feeling terribly emotional right now. All the post writing and keeping up doesn't lend itself to processing the events emotionally. My heart goes out to Sandra's family... you can tell how much they loved her.

This article quotes a church member saying the suitcase was stolen from the church. Was supposed to go in a rummage sale. Sorry if this was already posted!

snip...Meanwhile, church member Fred Williams said he believes his church and its pastor, Lane Lawless, are being wrongfully targeted.

"There's not one member there that would have anything to do with anything like that kind of situation," Williams said. "More people should come to church and hang out with him because they would find out what a fun loving kind of guy that he is," Williams said.

Williams said that the mysterious black suitcase Cantu was found in was reported stolen by another congregation member the same day Cantu disappeared.

"That suitcase was to go to the church for a rummage sale with some stuff in it and the person put it somewhere, either in the back of a car somewhere. But anyway, when she came back out the suitcase was gone," Williams said.
...snip

http://www.kcra.com/news/19121818/detail.html

This article quotes a church member saying the suitcase was stolen from the church. Was supposed to go in a rummage sale. Sorry if this was already posted!

snip...Meanwhile, church member Fred Williams said he believes his church and its pastor, Lane Lawless, are being wrongfully targeted.

"There's not one member there that would have anything to do with anything like that kind of situation," Williams said. "More people should come to church and hang out with him because they would find out what a fun loving kind of guy that he is," Williams said.

Williams said that the mysterious black suitcase Cantu was found in was reported stolen by another congregation member the same day Cantu disappeared.

"That suitcase was to go to the church for a rummage sale with some stuff in it and the person put it somewhere, either in the back of a car somewhere. But anyway, when she came back out the suitcase was gone," Williams said.
...snip

I know I said goodnight, but i was thinking about the bag... awesome find Chicago!

still catching up on this thread. Has anyone mapped Sandra's house, the church and the location she was found?

chicagofa13: thanks for the link, ur post is the first one that answers my question "how did LE end up investigating this church thing?"
im a little confused about this case lol

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...get=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

A good report from tracy Press~ not sure if already posted.
from article:

"Lawless, a pastor of the church since 1981, has no criminal history and no civil lawsuits against him in San Joaquin County, court records show. The only property he owns in San Joaquin County is his mobile home.

But the Clover Road Baptist Church seems as physically isolated from the rest of the city, one of the last buildings on a dead-end street, as it seems culturally set apart from other churches in town.

Several Tracy pastors said they don’t know that much about Lawless; he doesn’t join the 15 or 20 other pastors in town for Thursday prayer breakfasts.

Tim Heinrich of the Crossroads Baptist Church said Lawless declines to network with fellow pastors in town. Other pastors said the church has few events and focuses on church history because it disagrees with some of the tenets of others churches.

No one in the neighborhood surrounding Orchard Estates said they attend the Baptist church — surrounded now by yellow crime-scene tape. About a dozen neighbors said they don’t know anyone who does and that it has a tiny congregation."

I received a PM this morning on my YouTube channel and in the message is a Sandra Cantu Memorial Tribute Video. This person created this video as his/her best friend is Sandra's cousin. I can't verify that, but the video is a tribute to Sandra. The indivudual indicated that the comments will be given to the family. I thought I would share this with everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyjbUkGW3Uw

...snip

Questions regarding info in this article.
1. When was the suitcase noticed stolen from the church? What time? I thought it was already reported that there was no activity at the church the day Sandra went missing. Establishing the time it was taken would give us an approximate time frame of Sandra's murder. Was she already murdered and the perp went out to steal a suitcase to hide her in or did he steal the suitcase before he snatched Sandra and murdered her? I'm thinking he killed her then stole the suitcase...if he did indeed steal the suitcase.

2. When was the rummage sale scheduled to take place?

3. Was there other donated stuff at the church for the rummage sale?

4. Who donated the suitcase and how would them simply donating a suitcase to a church rummage sale lead investigators to the church? Was there a police report?

Somethings hinky here!

Sounds more to me like someone knows that they can be connected and may be conncocting a story to fit the suitcase involvement. Maybe a family member or friend recognized the bag and is creating a cover to protect that person. Who knows..but that story seems strange. A church that rarely has events, just happens to be having a rummage sale now and that suitcase just happens to be stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper