Found Deceased CA - Sandy Giles, 44, Earp, 13 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This would have been a very busy weekend out where she was last seen. I was hopeful someone would have found something. :-(

I feel like she became disoriented in the heat, started walking, and unfortunately expired in the harsh weather. Why she hasn't been found I can't explain. I don't know how extensive the searches have been. I spend a lot of time in the So Cal desert. I am not at all familiar with the area Sandy disappeared from, but sometimes desert scrub brush is thick and it's easy to miss something nearby. It was mentioned that her family thought she had been sitting under a bush outside of her car. Perhaps she curled up under a bush to try to get shade and passed away from the heat, now making it difficult to locate her. I thought for sure that she would have been found by now. My heart hurts for her family.

RSBM

18519911_1455123551175485_5901179444138669997_n.png

Where are you Sandy???

:candle:

This to me sounds like Sandy went out to use the bathroom at the bush, someone grabbed her during her stop and she was pushed into a vehicle. The clues left behind suggest a struggle happened right where she parked the vehicle. Every woman knows that going pee outside when traveling solo puts you at risk. Her having only keys on her makes sense for a quick pit stop. The fact that her purse was left in the car suggests that the perp was interested in Sandy, not money.

I figured this would be a prime case for Texas Equua Search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else think it's odd that she had her birth certificate with her on this cross-country trip?

Does anyone else think it's odd that she had her birth certificate with her on this cross-country trip?
To me, no. I myself don't carry my original with me, however, I do carry a copy with me because nowadays they need so much proof for so many different things. That way, I always have it in case it's needed. MOO

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This to me sounds like Sandy went out to use the bathroom at the bush, someone grabbed her during her stop and she was pushed into a vehicle. The clues left behind suggest a struggle happened right where she parked the vehicle. Every woman knows that going pee outside when traveling solo puts you at risk. Her having only keys on her makes sense for a quick pit stop. The fact that her purse was left in the car suggests that the perp was interested in Sandy, not money.
Makes sense what you figured, I hadn't thought of that.... also, considering she just had stopped for gas, she might have been figuring to use restroom at the gas station, but was grossed out by it or fearful is wasn't safe. Sure wish surveillance video had been secured and not allowed to overwrite...

When I read that she had her birth certificate, I assumed she had it for that just-in-case-we-decide-to-cross-the-border thought. That's pretty common for people planning a trip out here. They think if they have an extra day that they might venture to Tijuana. I don't know if that is what she had in mind, but it was the first place my mind went.

I used to live south of Parker a long time ago but it's pretty desolate out there. Are there any locals visiting who can add info? When I lived there it was mostly desert between Blythe and Parker (in all directions).

Has anyone asked about drug habits? Not saying she's a user but if she was/is maybe she met up with some stragglers that had the hook up so she figured she'd go with them & party then come back & get the car unstuck. But that doesn't explain why she wouldn't take her phone with her, maybe they did some drugs in the car & she OD'd & other person freaked out. Idk something is off but Idk what it is exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to live south of Parker a long time ago but it's pretty desolate out there. Are there any locals visiting who can add info? When I lived there it was mostly desert between Blythe and Parker (in all directions).

Thanks, AngelaH, folks who've never lived in the West really have trouble grasping the distances we're talking about.

A few years back I contemplated a trip to Parker, AZ. At the time, it was a four hour drive from the nearest airport with a rental car agency.

I just keep picturing her getting dehydrated and confused. Wandering off away from highway :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Do we know if it was daytime when she drove on the sandbar or was it dark?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I just keep picturing her getting dehydrated and confused. Wandering off away from highway :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

This is what I keep picturing as well. :-(

When I read that she had her birth certificate, I assumed she had it for that just-in-case-we-decide-to-cross-the-border thought. That's pretty common for people planning a trip out here. They think if they have an extra day that they might venture to Tijuana. I don't know if that is what she had in mind, but it was the first place my mind went.
I also find it odd. Marysville is nowhere close to the border.

How frightened she must be if she's still alive. She doesn't even have her cell phone with her.

I know the whole idea is controversial but so often I wish we could put microchips in people, in the way we do for our pets. Perhaps the technology could then be developed that would allow anyone to be 'found' with the similar app like 'find my phone.'

My heart was wrenched reading the words of her children on the Facebook update. My thoughts and prayers are for safety and strength for Sandy and her family...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back