CA - Sergio Aguiar, 2, beaten to death, Turlock, 14 June 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
from same article;

...McKain said her son, her son's wife and her son's friend were also there, as were a woman and a man who pulled up in separate cars. She estimated that she saw Aguiar kick or stomp his son at least 100 times, but she said no one tried to stop him because he appeared to be dangerous. One fear was that "maybe he had something in his pocket," she said....

I really, really wanted to have faith in the onlookers. They tried the best they could...but after reading this...I think I better take a break now...

No no no no no!!! OH my GOD!!! Am I the only one who would have jumped on that fool?!? "They were afraid..." yeah I bet they were afraid and I bet the poor baby was terrified!

Yeah, I am judging this woman as a coward. I am 33 years old woman with fibromyalgia going on but I would have jumped him. Why are people so afraid to act?

I thank GOD for the police officer who made the right decision. This freak deserved worse but I believe he is in Hell where he belongs.

This part is unbelievable (from the Modesto link)...

...Aguiar also said, "Look how they make toys now," McKain said, and at one point asked Robinson for a knife.

When Robinson went into the pickup truck to turn on the hazard lights, Aguiar stopped kicking the boy, helped him find the flashers, then went back to his attack, McKain said. She said there was blood in the truck's cab...

Wouldn't this have been the time for the onlookers to jump him? I just can't believe this....

Which link is this from? I can't find it to read the article.

It was his father and his mother is a school teacher.

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/331286.html

TURLOCK -- The toddler who was beaten to death on a dark country road Saturday night was killed by his father, authorities said Monday.

The father, Sergio Aguiar, 27, of Turlock was killed with a single shot to the forehead fired by Modesto police officer Jerry Ramar, who was dropped on the scene in rural Stanislaus County from a helicopter as Aguiar kicked and stomped the small boy's head.

Two days after the attack that has gained national notoriety, neighbors wrestled with hard questions without answers. Was Aguiar on drugs? Mentally ill? Most only seemed to know the man was quiet and worked at FoodMaxx on Fulkerth Road.

No no no no no!!! OH my GOD!!! Am I the only one who would have jumped on that fool?!? "They were afraid..." yeah I bet they were afraid and I bet the poor baby was terrified!

Yeah, I am judging this woman as a coward. I am 33 years old woman with fibromyalgia going on but I would have jumped him. Why are people so afraid to act?

I thank GOD for the police officer who made the right decision. This freak deserved worse but I believe he is in Hell where he belongs.

I'm with you. I understand people may have been shocked but my first reaction would have been to jump. I saw a woman walking down the street who fell and cracked her face on the sidewalk. I jammed on my breaks nearly causes an accident and jumped out of my car to help. I didn't even think about the traffic, my car or anything else but helping that poor woman.

The baby's name was also Sergio :(

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_9609774

The man has been identified by police as Sergio Casian Aguiar, 27, of Turlock. He and his wife had been separated. In an interview with detectives Monday, Frances Liliana Casian, a kindergarten teacher, said she didn't know why Aguiar would do such a thing. He had no police record and she didn't know of any mental illness, said Deputy Royjindar Singh, a spokesman for the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department. A toxicology test for drugs and alcohol is under way.

sergiocasianaguiar.jpg

I have no doubt that baby did probably suffer fatal injuries before the motorists arrived on the scene.

but if there was even the slimmest of chances, you seriousy couldn't have held me off when there was a child involved.

Same here Floh. I'm surprised all of the bystanders didn't jump the man and pull the child away from him.

I'm almost sure this was some kind of revenge against the mother. I am sick and tired of hearing about children being murdered by their parents!!!! This makes me sick to my stomach.

I partly blame judges that make mother's give their children to the father for visitation or even vice versa.

When I discovered my ex was doing coccaine and left him, we ended up in court over the kids because I wouldn't let him have them. I had seen how angry and different he was and moved far away. He had had no interest in them in some time and I had read far too much about fathers killing children to get back at their mother.
Well, he left us alone for a while....until he found out I was getting married and began to fight for visitation. I battled him in court. The judge gave him visitation because he's their father. Big fat deal, he's their father. Who gives a crap about his rights? What about my chidlrens rights? I wouldn't give them to him. I was held in contempt of court but I was building my case. Finally we went back to court and I had details about his drug use and anger issues with me. I had people spy on him and take pictures, I had kept notes, recorded phone calls and all kinds of stuff. I also demanded that he take a drug test. Before it could be done he confessed to the judge that he wouldn't pass. I then looked at that judge and told her that I was glad to have paid the fines for being in contempt and she should be d*mn*d glad that her ruling didn't mean a thing to me. Keeping my chidlren safe is my first priority and I don't believe that someone who doesn't know them can make the right choices for them. I told her she was lucky that I kept my children's rights foremost in my mind because all she cared about was the sperm donors rights.
He ended up getting professionally supervised visitation once a month, partly due to the drug use and partly due to the fact that while I was digging, I found out that he had been in a mental hospital when he was 19 because he went off of his mediaction for being Bi polar/manac depressive and did some really crazy stuff. His grandmother finally told me. I didn't even know he was ever diagnosed with that. His family had money and that was shame to them so they kept it hidden. I just knew that he had shown me his dark side before and I just knew something wasn't right. His disorder alone was scary but coupled with drug use....I just didn't know what he could be capable of and was not going to find out at the expense of my children. Screw his rights!!!
He saw them once in 2004 and we haven't seen him since.
I really truly believe he would have hurt my children because he was so angry with me.

Parents need to take a stand and listen to your instincts. Question authority! Too many chidlren have been killed as "pay back" from the scorned.

RIP little one. I am so sorry for you and your momma.

Good for you Ember! You did the right thing for your children's sake.

I think perhaps those of us here at WebSleuths are a a bit different than your average citizen. No one knows how they will react until they are presented with a situation. I can assure you that I would have picked up a chunck of asphalt or a rock, and would have bashed the guys brains out. There would have been a psychotic break alright, and that would have been my defense. A few years ago, I was driving to a store to pick out tiles for a new house that I was building. As I turned the corner, I saw a really old orange suitcase sitting on the side of the road. It was strange because there was no one with it. I immediately thought it could be a bomb or something. Anyway, I parked and went into the tile store. All of the employees were looking out the windows towards the suitcase. Apparently, they had witnessed a man beating a woman near the suitcase, but they did not know where either of them had gone. I went back outside and looked, but saw nothing other than the suitcase. After about 15 minutes, we saw this older woman (who reminded me of my Mother) wallking down the street very fast towards us. She was being pursued by the that was upset that she was trying to leave his sorry azz. He was just about to catch up to her when we saw them, so there wasn't much time to think. I carry a martial arts weapon on my keychain called a spiked Kubotan, so I grabbed it from my purse and flew out the door. I intended to at least get in a few good licks on the guy if he touched the woman. Fortunately, (THANK GOD, actuallY), a Richmond County police officer came flying up and jumped out of the car right in front of me. He chased after the guy, grabbed him by the back of his neck and threw him down on the ground. The guy tried to get back up, but the officer placed his foot on the man's chest and yelled at him to "Stay Down!". I jumped up and down and yelled at the man also..."Yea! Stay down!". I was SO happy that I didn't actually have to do anything, but I know with 1000% certainty that I was going to give the a headache that wouldn't go away with a few tylenol. I don't know that we can blame people who are too scared to act in a situation, but I sure am glad to know there are a lot of people like you here at WS's that are more willing to act. :blowkiss:

Good job Ember!! Exactly, what I was talking about. People here at WS's just have a different view of the world.

Of course i blame the deranged father. do do believe i would throw myself at him again and again, though. in some effort.

that is who i am.

That is who I am, too. I have no fear when I see someone being victimized.

There were the young and the strong there.

Yep. There were.

The elderly man and his wife that knew they had no place taking on a psycho loon should be exempt from criticism. IMO.

Yeah, the sad truth is regardless of what any of the bystanders did it was probably too late before anybody was able to grasp what was happening.

I believe so too, it was too late by the time the first witness drove by, he was slamming the baby into the road when they put their car into reverse and went back. No one heard the baby cry or make any sound. The first witnesses didn't even realize it was a baby.

I believe so too, it was too late by the time the first witness drove by, he was slamming the baby into the road when they put their car into reverse and went back. No one heard the baby cry or make any sound. The first witnesses didn't even realize it was a baby.

From today's Modesto Bee:

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/331286.html

snip

"This event didn't start at Bradbury Road. The blood and other evidence leads us to believe the suspect may have ended up there, but the crime really started someplace else," Christianson said. "That child probably suffered fatal injuries before the motorists arrived on the scene."

sounds to me like they were all running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

they all should have went for that baby and tried to get him off of him. it's not like there was just two elderly people there. that was someone's little boy. i would be REALLY pissed off if that was my child and i found out people were just sporadically taking turns going at the guy and not working together to stop it.

I never said it was just the elderly people there. It sounds like there were several other able bodied people on the scene, that arrived at various times over the approx. 6.5 minutes before the sheriff's dept arrived.

It will be interesting to hear the 911 calls if they're released. I'm curious as to when the calls came in.

This is a sickening story. It sounds like the attack went on for many minutes, and I just pray that the little boy was unconscious right away. :(

I really feel for the poor people that witnessed this scene. I'm sure they'll never be the same again. :(

I just thought about this too. Prayers for them, also.

I know many elderly men and if your from idaho like me ill bet you do too,who would have been the first one on the pile regardless in that situation.

Kline, I'm not defending the bystanders blindly. The facts are trickling out and I am attempting to reserve judgment until I hear more. I lay all the blame squarely on this father and I feel for those that came upon this horrific scene.

I know plenty of elderly men that I believe would jump in, and some that I know would have no business whatsoever attempting to challenge an amped up, out of his mind 20-something year old. I've seen people that are out of their minds and going off before and they can have superhuman strength.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back