CONVICTION OVERTURNED CA - Sgt. Todd Sommer, 23, fatally poisoned, San Diego, 18 Feb 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Woohoo! I always thought they had it wrong in this case!!!! I am delighted she is free! (I hope she sues the hell outta them for what they put her through, too!)

and go back to working at Subway until she finds another young, naive soldier to take care of her and her five (?) children.

Geezus! She has 4 children. A daughter and 3 sons. She won't have to to work at Subway nor find another man. By the time she gets through with San Diego she'll have all the money she needs.

Go Cindy!!!:woohoo:

Geezus! She has 4 children. A daughter and 3 sons. She won't have to to work at Subway nor find another man. By the time she gets through with San Diego she'll have all the money she needs.

Go Cindy!!!:woohoo:
Yeah, that's the American dream...don't work for your money...sue and get it... :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the American dream...don't work for your money...sue and get it... :rolleyes:

Precious YEARS were taken from her, can you even imagine loosing over 2 years with your children??

Go Cindy!!!

Precious YEARS were taken from her, can you even imagine loosing over 2 years with your children??

Go Cindy!!!

No, but I wouldn't kill my husband either.
She will find another foolish man to raise her 4 kids and wind up living off welfare.
karma is a b!tch and I hope she gets what she deserves, Losing everything she loves and dying a lonely bitter woman with perky breast!

Let her sue because then the state can once again point out how evil and vile this worthless really is.

She will find another foolish man to raise her 4 kids and wind up living off welfare.
karma is a b!tch and I hope she gets what she deserves, Losing everything she loves and dying a lonely bitter woman with perky breast!

Let her sue because then the state can once again point out how evil and vile this worthless really is.

LOL.. see posts 253 and 256.. don't get an ulcer.

Go Cindy!!!
Yeah, two years of orgies, bar hopping, drinking and dancing on table tops. SHe really missed out, didn't she? She would never be Mother of the Year. It's sad that posters are painting as a poor, innocent mother that just wanted to be with her children...That she ain't... :rolleyes:

Yeah, after you spent time in prison for a crime you didn't commit, ripped away from your kids, who suffered immensely, given a life sentence of which you thought you most likely would have to serve never thinking you'd ever be exonerated. To have to live with that fear. Oh yes, you're right. That is the American Dream. :rolleyes:

P.S. Walk a mile in her shoes.

Yeah, two years of orgies, bar hopping, drinking and dancing on table tops. SHe really missed out, didn't she? She would never be Mother of the Year. It's sad that posters are painting as a poor, innocent mother that just wanted to be with her children...That she ain't... :rolleyes:

Jealous?

Anyway, I think you're blowing it all out of proportion. Posters aren't painting her anything other than human. Innocent of murder, but possibly flawed in some ways, neither more nor less than the rest of us. Look in your own heart, assuming you have one. If not, try a mirror.

I hope God judges you as harshly as you have her. All you who feel towards her as you do only adds to the damage she has suffered at the hands of the San Diego District Attorney.

All you who feel Cindy was treated unjustly, lets gather all these hateful posts and send them to her attorney. Public persecution. More damage from the DA. Might be worth a couple mil more.

Jealous?

Anyway, I think you're blowing it all out of proportion. Posters aren't painting her anything other than human. Innocent of murder, but possibly flawed in some ways, neither more nor less than the rest of us. Look in your own heart, assuming you have one. If not, try a mirror.
I notice that your post is after 3 a.m. Is that the time that the bars close in San Diego? :waitasec:

P.S. To even think that anyone would be jealous of Cindy's life choices and lifestyle tells me all I need to know about you. Jealous doesn't even come close to describing my feelings for Cindy. I really don't care how Cindy lives her life. I do feel sorry for her children who have no choice in the matter. I can only imagine that there life is much more stable without her in it.

Wow, this thread turned ugly.

Ok, i have an honest question here about the science of the case. I understand that they took multiple tissue samples at the time of death and that there was no trace of arsenic on the recent samples (and on only 1 of the 2 done before?). I have 2 questions.
1) what is the half life of aresenic. In other words, would small amounts of arsenic still be identifiable after 2 years?
2) How does aresenic work. I believe it is a quick death. Is it quick enough that the aresenic would only be detectible in certain organs such as the stomach, heart, lungs, liver etc? If so, does that mean a tissue sample from muscle, skin, kidney, etc would not show traces even if arsenic were used?
3) Do we know where the tissue was collected from that they used for the tests? Were they all collected from the same location/organ?
4) If arsenic were suspected, would specific tissue been collected to test the theory?

My gut is that she is guilty. But, I have to admit something is odd with this scenario. It is easy to say the first evidence was wrong. Perhaps the second evidence was wrong. Or perhaps a lot of the evidence was irrelevent because they didn't have tissue from the best organs to test.

Does someone know more of the really scientific details of this case so that we can all better understand the situation?

I hope God judges you as harshly as you have her. All you who feel towards her as you do only adds to the damage she has suffered at the hands of the San Diego District Attorney.

All you who feel Cindy was treated unjustly, lets gather all these hateful posts and send them to her attorney. Public persecution. More damage from the DA. Might be worth a couple mil more.

GMTA. Workin' on that right now.

Ok, i have an honest question here about the science of the case. I understand that they took multiple tissue samples at the time of death and that there was no trace of arsenic on the recent samples (and on only 1 of the 2 done before?). I have 2 questions.
1) what is the half life of aresenic. In other words, would small amounts of arsenic still be identifiable after 2 years?
2) How does aresenic work. I believe it is a quick death. Is it quick enough that the aresenic would only be detectible in certain organs such as the stomach, heart, lungs, liver etc? If so, does that mean a tissue sample from muscle, skin, kidney, etc would not show traces even if arsenic were used?
3) Do we know where the tissue was collected from that they used for the tests? Were they all collected from the same location/organ?
4) If arsenic were suspected, would specific tissue been collected to test the theory?

My gut is that she is guilty. But, I have to admit something is odd with this scenario. It is easy to say the first evidence was wrong. Perhaps the second evidence was wrong. Or perhaps a lot of the evidence was irrelevent because they didn't have tissue from the best organs to test.

Does someone know more of the really scientific details of this case so that we can all better understand the situation?

RE: "no trace of arsenic on the recent samples (and on only 1 of the 2 done before?)": In the tissues they tested back in 2005, they only found DMA in two of the six samples tested - liver and kidney. Amounts in the blood, urine, etc. were within normal limits. The tissues tested in April 2008 were all clean. Also, they didn't find any damage to his esophagus, stomach, etc.

There's lots of literature out there about arsenic, it's half-life, how it works, etc. There's some good info on Cindy's home page under "Science - Lack of evidence".

Yes, small amounts of arsenic would still be identifiable after 2 years.

Arsenic doesn't discriminate, it doesn't target specific organs, it gets into all organs.

All the tissues were collected from Todd Sommer's organs. It wouldn't matter if they came from the same area of the organ or not.

The prosecutor sent this last set of samples off for testing - in preparation for the new trial. They did it because they needed something to prove their theory that Todd was poisoned - they knew what they had was flimsy at best. Imagine the looks on their faces when they got the report back that proved them wrong.

I've been on the fence about her involvement due to her totally strange behavior afterwards. It does cause suspicion. She was acquitted, but can still be retried due to the judge's ruling on Friday. I found this article today. Makes me wonder:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Marine-Widow-Hits-the-Town-62375502.html

Wow, Yeah, kinda makes you wonder :( if not guilt, then def. nothing but tacky. A commenter made a really good point in the article, she was awarded 20 mil in a suit? or the lawyer is trying for that? and it's cause she missed raising her kids 2 years, but yet, here she is...on the red carpet...telling her story like crazy...asking for photo's to be taken...blah, just a little icky to me.

I know! She went out of her way to ask if he knew who she was and then asked to take her photo. Please. In an earlier article she claimed she couldn't have a normal life because everyone recognized her and knew the story. Hmmm...fishy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back