CONVICTION OVERTURNED CA - Sgt. Todd Sommer, 23, fatally poisoned, San Diego, 18 Feb 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that she is guilty. I think the one word that so many are missing is "readonable" doubt. That means to a reasonable person. While there is no direct trail of the arsenic to her, she prevented that by promptly disposing of her as yet unpaid for computer. I can only hope that the jury is comprised of reasonable people.

nanandjim said:
She may walk, which will show her that crime can indeed pay even for the average folk. I have no hope that she will change anything that she is doing if she is found not guilty. It is her children--the next generation--that concern me. I hope that they will be okay.
Yes, the children are the main concern here. She may actually be a guilty sociaopath and if so, shouldn't be raising the children. I believe that there is family on both sides that can keep an eye on her and petition for custody if her unseemly behavior continues. God, bless those kids, they are truly the innocent victims in this case.

:innocent:

Sniffy38 said:
...While there is no direct trail of the arsenic to her, she prevented that by promptly disposing of her as yet unpaid for computer...
Lord, I didn't know this. Hopefully, this was pointed out to the jury. Where did the computer go? I guess that it wasn't sold as it would have been retrieved.

This woman is "dumb" as a fox, or however the saying goes.

Sniffy38 said:
There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that she is guilty. I think the one word that so many are missing is "readonable" doubt. That means to a reasonable person. While there is no direct trail of the arsenic to her, she prevented that by promptly disposing of her as yet unpaid for computer. I can only hope that the jury is comprised of reasonable people.
One can present it that way or one can say 3 months after Todd's death she bought a new computer. Four years after Todd's death when she was questioned she didnt recall having done so.

She also replaced the television and other electronics in that period.

Sniffy38 said:
Forgetting one detail here.If and that is a big if she did buy arsenic on line. WIth or without the computer there would be a charge on one of the credit cards.But the DA could not find that little detail because it did not exist IMO.

Its my understanding that the recording device failed during the LE interview with Cindy Sommers as well so the Jury has no context in how the statement regarding the computer was made. What questions were asked before and after or how the questions was phrased.

tybee204 said:
One can present it that way or one can say 3 months after Todd's death she bought a new computer. Four years after Todd's death when she was questioned she didnt recall having done so.

Ah, you can put a defense spin on it, Lord knows Udell tried, but the facts are with the prosecution, IMO.

Todd is dead in Feb. 2002. She jettisons the computer she had then and buys a new one in May 2002.

When investigators question her in Nov 2005 about the computer, how long had she had it, she says she'd had it since Camp Lejeune days, early in her marriage to Todd.

That is NOT a mistake. A mistake is Oh, did I get it in June? Or July? Was it 2002 or 2003? That's a misstake. She LIED because she wanted the clean new computer to seem like a clean OLD computer. Only it wasn't manufactured until May 2002.

I don't suppose her tv had a hard drive with suspicious searches on it.

Wow! I can't believe smart people have been fooled by this defense. Have you seen Udell's closing argument??
MO

tybee204 said:

Ah, you can put a defense spin on it, Lord knows Udell tried, but the facts are with the prosecution, IMO.

Todd is dead in Feb. 2002. She jettisons the computer she had then and buys a new one in May 2002.

When investigators question her in Nov 2005 about the computer, how long had she had it, she says she'd had it since Camp Lejeune days, early in her marriage to Todd.

That is NOT a mistake. A mistake is Oh, did I get it in June? Or July? Was it 2002 or 2003? That's a misstake. She LIED because she wanted the clean new computer to seem like a clean OLD computer. Only it wasn't manufactured until May 2002.

Wow! I can't believe smart people have been fooled by this defense. Have you seen Udell's closing argument??
MO

JDB said:
Forgetting one detail here.If and that is a big if she did buy arsenic on line. WIth or without the computer there would be a charge on one of the credit cards.But the DA could not find that little detail because it did not exist IMO.

JDB, the evidence was that there is a garden supply store ON POST. With $10 cash she could have easily have bought Grant's Ant Kills and there would be no record of it.

She had days between dosing him and his death to dispose of evidence and then she had months afterward to dispose of anything else, like the computer.

The prosecution has proven that the MEANS were legal and cheap and readily available.

She had the MOTIVE, freedom, same as Scooter's with an extra $250,000 kick. And I am sure it is not lost of the jury that Todd's trust fund that she gushed about was drained dry just a week before he became ill.
Oh, and 5 days before he was sick she was signing up for a web singles dating service. Shades of "I LOST my wife."

And then there's the OPPORTUNITY.
Acute arsenic poisoning manifests symptoms of severe gastric distress 30 mins to 4 hrs. after ingestion. Let's do the math.

On Feb 8th, 10:30 pm, Cindy comes home to Todd and they retire at 11:30.

At 3 am he is violently ill with severe vomiting, cramps, bloody diarrhea.

No one else was there to dose him unless you are suspecting the kids.
No one else had the motive.
No one else benefitted.

And I'll tell you what makes me feel acquittal is off the table. CINDY TESTIFIED!!! And you know what was strange? Her lawyer never asked her if she killed Todd. No tearful denial. No "I couldn't kill him! I loved him!!" You can bet the DA pointed out to them that Cindy never looked them in the eye and denied killing Todd.

And she became evasive and combative on cross. She was caught in a big big lie, too.

She told the jury that she would call Todd's cell phone over and over just to hear his voice. How touching!! Except the DA showed her the bill and she had to admit that sometimes the calls were incoming from his phone....Oh, yes, that's right. She gave that phone to her daughter and it was really her and Jenna calling each other. :rolleyes:

And then there were the emails she wrote her "fiance" Ross (with whom she hooked up 2 mos to the day of Todd's death) In one she said she "had to" marry Todd. Denied that on the stand. DA had her read it aloud. Oh. Well, she didn't know what she meant by that.

In the other she told Ross that she couldn't see herself with Todd "five years" while she could see herself "50 years with you, Baby!" She didn't know what she meant by that either. Funny.

And yet her lawyer told the jury that Todd who took her and her 3 children on and was kind to them was her "knight in shining armor" and the "love of her life." But she couldn't see herself 5 years with him. Yeah, that trust fund would be LONG gone.

And then there's the 911 call. If you haven't heard it, I suggest you play it a couple of times. To many ears, it sounds staged and self-serving. it's hard to believe she is giving CPR in that call. And the ER doctor who saw Todd's body says his body was oddly mottled and cold. Cindy told a friend, who testified, that Todd was dead before help came. So many believe that she was pretending to try to save him. And if the jury believes that, she is TOAST.

Notice I haven't meantioned the *advertiser censored* and the thong contest and all her skanky behavior?? That's because I see LOTS of compelling evidence apart from the crap which is just icing to me. I could go on about the evidence.

This case is so much like Scott Peterson's. Similar motive. Similar narcissistic sociopathic defendant with a very cold heart and odd ways of "grieving." And similar "There's no evidence!!!" cries.

I am sure you recall that the DA could not prove exactly how Scott killed Laci, or where or when. Just as the DA cannot tell you what date Cynthia Sommer bought arsenic. Or how much she gave Todd. Was it in food or drink?

But the truth is: NO ONE ELSE COULD HAVE DONE IT.

Oh, and here's another little fact for you. When Todd got sick, Cindy called her mother in law to tell her, which MIL thought was odd. And Cindy called her own mother to tell her how sick Todd was.

She was preparing them for the shock of a healthy 23 year old's dropping dead, make it seem not so surprising, since he was so sick. And his medical records support how sick he was.

And then the defense comes up with this bogus "He should have been really sick!" defense and so on the stand Cindy tells the jury Todd really wasn't that sick. Really. It's a lie. Why would she need to lie like she does if she were innocent?? I am sure the jury is asking that.

I am shocked that anyone buys her garbage. The stuff put out in her defense reminds me of the SII "arguments". Deny deny deny. Her attorney made so many misstatements in his close and also would twist the evidence by leaving bad stuff out. I don't think juries like being played like that. It's an insult to their intelligence.

And after seeing all the closing arguments, I really think the only two possibilities are conviction or hung jury. She's not a celebrity. She's as detestable as Scooter. The jury's not gonna like her felony child neglect conviction. I think she's toast. This trial or a retrial.

She is sooooo obviously guilty. I am as sure of it as I am that Scott killed Laci and Conner. The pieces are all there. I pray that the jury puts them together.

JMO

tybee204 said:
Its my understanding that the recording device failed during the LE interview with Cindy Sommers as well so the Jury has no context in how the statement regarding the computer was made. What questions were asked before and after or how the questions was phrased.

The jury can evaluate who was more credible, Agent Terwilliger or Cindy Sommer and which one had/has a motive to lie. And which one has been caught in other lies. Both testified. They can judge them.

And it's not the only piece of evidence. Just one in a compelling mosaic of guilt.IMO.

JDB said:

CASH in a store, JDB. Or over the border in Mexico. Arsenic isn't illegal and it IS available and not even very expensive.

The computer, IMO, was trashed because the hard drive would have a record of her research.

lisafremont said:

MO
I saw all of the trial and I have noticed that those that came in with a guilty opinion stuck with it and refused to consider any evidence that was not consistant with their opinion.
I dont put a defense spin on it. I didnt come in with an opinion. She may have done it, but IMO the State didnt prove to me that she did it.
It makes a difference when you listen to the testimony with an open mind (like the Jury is suppose to) rather then with the opinion of guilt from the get go.
Nobody had to prove anything to you as you had already made your decision before any testimony was offered.
I also dont have CTV so havent had my opinion skewed by talking heads.

lisafremont said:
The computer, IMO, was trashed because the hard drive would have a record of her research.

That is an assumption and there was no evidence to that as fact. There was no evidence or testimony presented that the computer was used for anything of that nature. Only evidence that she had replaced her computer 3 months after Todd's death and didnt recall doing so nearly 5 years later.

She didnt dispose of it the day or week of Todd's death or even that month. She bought a new computer 3 months later when their was no suspision regarding Todd's death.

So no to me it dosent implicate guilt.

tybee204 said:
<snip>
Nobody had to prove anything to you as you had already made your decision before any testimony was offered.
I also dont have CTV so havent had my opinion skewed by talking heads.

With all due respect, that is not true. I heard the 911 call and it sounded fake to me. If she faked that call, that's the case. Everything else fits, IMO.

lisafremont said:
With all due respect, that is not true. I heard the 911 call and it sounded fake to me. If she faked that call, that's the case. Everything else fits, IMO.

I also heard the 911 call and it sounded authentic to me. But then I had to do CPR whilst on the phone with 911 so I know its possible.

lisafremont said:
CASH in a store, JDB. Or over the border in Mexico. Arsenic isn't illegal and it IS available and not even very expensive.

Was there any testamony of her making a trip to Mexico before todd's death NO!!!Did they at the time of Todd's death find anything in the house that might be arsenic NO. They have no proof of anything at all.Like Tybee stated. The jury I hope is going on evidence that was given not speculation.

When I was a bit younger I did some "figure modeling" and one of my shoots was with another model. Well, she had implants and was also a "dancer" (using the term loosely) as well as becoming an adult film actress and was pretty wild. She bought her new figure with insurance money from her sailor husbands death. Did she murder him? no, he was killed in action, but she was so lost and confused being left alone without the one she loved and had 2 children and went on a mass "party". I see no difference in this case either.
I find her "not guilty", certainly not evidence showing otherwise.

lisafremont said:

What makes you presume that the computer was trashed for that reason?
Over the course of 5 years most people replace their computers.
How old was the computer when she replaced it? Maybe the harddrive crashed?
Or the motherboard burnt out?

lisafremont said:

MO

Wow, I can't believe that smart people don't know what reasonable doubt means.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back