Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they have her phone so they can determine where she was all day, and how long the phone had been sitting there. Right?

I hate to bring up the story of the Oregon mom from a couple of years back. I am trying to come up with scenarios with a positive outcome but i can't think of many.

Yes, this reminds me of Jennifer Huston's case, too. Although in some ways it seems different, especially since Sherri apparently disappeared on foot and left her vehicle at home.

Here's the link to the transcript from last night's Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield. They discussed Sherri's disappearance.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1611/07/ptab.01.html

Sheriff Besenko: "No, the dogs did not hit on anything, which makes it a little abnormal, too. Because if she had continued on walking or jogging, there would have been a scent trail."

So if Sherri didn't jog to the spot where the phone was found, the perp just happened to know Sherri's jogging route and drove out there to plant the phone?

Thanks, but more of the same from the Sheriff.

I'm just glad the national media is reporting about Sherri's disappearance at all. I figured it would get ignored during all the election coverage.

At least they have her phone so they can determine where she was all day, and how long the phone had been sitting there. Right?
Only if she had the phone in her possession all day. Same with gps on a car.
What matters is WHO is in possession of the device/vehicle @ the time. If we assume it is the owner, then we may be fooled.
I think people put too much faith in locating devices to testify to ones whereabouts. All it really tells us is where the device has been, not who it was with.
* selfies, and other pics taken could prove that the device was with said person, it is too much of a grey area for me to really trust.
MOO

I personally don't see an issue with the phone.

My husband usually doesn't have his phone with him at work. There are a lot of times he can't bring it with him. He's in a plant, so it's probably a little different. However, when he was in both sales and construction, he wasn't able to use it while at someone's house. My mom isn't supposed to use her's at work and she works for the state.

For my husband, in all 3 jobs with cell phone restrictions, I still did/do text him. He responds when he can. Where he is now, there is a main number I can call if it's an emergency, but I don't call it for things like what time are you leaving, are you going to come home for lunch, etc. I text and he either answers or not. For time sensitive questions, if I don't hear back, I do whatever. He actually has a desk phone number now, because he recently switched jobs within the plant, but I don't even have it because he is almost never there. There are still restrictions as to where he can bring his phone though.

My mom can answer her's at lunch and breaks.

There are a lot of jobs where people, even parents, don't have 100% connection with their phone. That's one reason schools and daycare's ask for multiple emergency phone numbers.

So, according to LE - her scent wasn't found near the phone. So she didnt run there (correct?).

Besides the neighbors who may/may not have seen her running that day - who else besides the husband - can confirm that they saw/spoke to her before she went missing? When was the last time someone can say 100% they know she was alive?

So, according to LE - her scent wasn't found near the phone. So she didnt run there (correct?).

Besides the neighbors who may/may not have seen her running that day - who else besides the husband - can confirm that they saw/spoke to her before she went missing? When was the last time someone can say 100% they know she was alive?

Yes, LE is saying that, but I think that's a very dangerous assumption. If the dog couldn't even locate her scent on the phone, that's the fault of the dog or the scent object, not an indication that she wasn't there. IMHO.

BBM
Exhausted the resources in less than a week?
Family seems certain that she was abducted.
I wonder what the situation with the ex is.

The "at risk" term is disturbing to me. No history of mental or health problems, why say she is at risk? Did she know someone with a mental health history? Was she being stalked? I'm afraid for her.

The family feels that she is not still in the area, they must have some idea what may have happened to her.
MOO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-mi...erri-papini-thinks-abducted/story?id=43348426
--snip

Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said on Saturday that the missing woman was “considered at risk due to the suspicious circumstances.”

I keep seeing posters stating she went for a jog at 2pm. I think we need to not assume that she left for her jog at that time. She could have left sometime earlier and been seen on Sunrise or Sundust by neighbors walking home. 2pm could have been the end of the jog. Early on Bosenko said there were neighbor sightings mid to late morning to early afternoon. From the Shasta Co office Press Release:

NEWS RELEASE *Updated*

*Missing Person – Sherri Papini*

Suspicious Circumstances/At Risk

On 11/02/16, Wednesday at 1751 hours, Papini was reported missing after she was not found at home and her cell phone being discovered on the ground near the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon trail.

On 11/03/16, Thursday, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office conducted organized searches in the area of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail for Missing Person, Sherri Papini utilizing members of the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, Search and Rescue Team. CHP air operations also assisted with an aerial search. Ground searchers conducted follow up canvasses and contacted area residences while searching for any evidence or clues associated with Sherri Papini. Good information was obtained and passed onto detectives that is assisting them putting together a timeline of Sherri’s Papini’s activities around 11/02/16. Detectives have conducted numerous interviews with Sherri Papini’s family, friends and the public. Tips and leads continue to come to the Sheriff’s Office however at this time, Sherri Papini’s whereabouts are still unknown.

Patrol deputies have continued to conduct directed enforcement operations in the area making contacts with pedestrians and motorist in an attempt to learn information about what has occurred. Patrol Deputies and detectives continue to contact 290 registrants in the area and continue to expand their area of coverage. Detectives are continuing to search for surveillance video as well as trail/game cameras from residences and stores that cover all probable routes in and out of the Sunrise Drive area.

Today, detectives are reviewing information, tips, surveillance gathered over the past two days to piece together timelines and locate information about what occurred with Sherri Papini. The Sheriff’s Office is also reviewing information from yesterday’s search to prepare for additional searches. The public is strongly urged to contact the Sheriff’s Office for tips where someone may have seen a suspicious person(s) or vehicle(s) on 11/02/16 in the area of Sunrise Drive, Old Oregon Trail and surrounding areas.

The Sheriff’s Office is aware of the multiple theories about what may have happened with Sherri Papini. The Sheriff’s Office encourages the public to continue to be supportive to family as well as law enforcement efforts as these are stressful circumstances. Be assured that the Sheriff’s Office is utilizing all available assets, investigative techniques as well as outside resources and agencies to assist as needed.

Again, the Sheriff’s Office has had multiple eye witness reports from neighbors that know Sherri Papini and she was seen in the area of Sunrise Drive on 11/02/16 in the mid to late-morning/early afternoon wearing a pink jogging top while she was on a jog/walk.

If anyone has information on Sherri Papini’s where abouts or tips they can call dispatch 24 hours a day at 530-245-6540, or at the Major Crimes Unit 530-245-6135. Tips can also be submitted at mcu@co.shasta.ca.us.

16-40875
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
Major Crimes Unit
Sergeant Brian Jackson
530-245-6172
11/04/16, 1030 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it's still not clear if mom or dad dropped the kids off at day care.

It's been reported that she started her jogs/walks from her home so I think the scent dogs need to start tracking from her home. Maybe this has been done, I don't know. These dogs can be very helpful even after a lot of time has passed.

The pink and black fabric and phone were next to a road, not a back woods trail, or hidden in the shrubs. So, I believe they would have been found quickly without using the phone app.

Can someone find the link/ phrasing where Bosenko describes what evidence they found on the road? I could have sworn he stated they found the phone and earbuds and specifically stated they didn't find anything else...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also possible LE isn't outright calling it an abduction to avoid alarming the public. We've seen that before.

Here's the link to the transcript from last night's Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield. They discussed Sherri's disappearance.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1611/07/ptab.01.html

Sheriff Besenko: "We found no additional clues or evidence, only what was left near where they found the cell phone, ear buds, and a few strands of hair. That was the only thing we found to date."

Weird how the sheriff doesn't mention the pink and black fabric thing by evidence marker #3.

It's also possible LE isn't outright calling it an abduction to avoid alarming the public. We've seen that before.
Or to appeal to the person responsible in hopes of getting info...

My heart hurts to think of two confused preschoolers who are surely missing mommy. 💔

In today's world, people put their kids in daycare for lots of reasons. She may have wanted time to herself for her hobbies and as a family they chose this option. If they were affluent enough to make that choice, or juggled their funds to make this possible, it's not really such a big deal (as far as the case goes). I know a stay at home mom who has a nanny for her 1 child. It's not really how most of us would do things, but people do actually do that.

The bigger question is how did Sherri spend her time on most days? What was her routine, hobbies, habits? What are her phone records, online searches and books read? Who did she talk with routinely?

I can see where you're coming from. Personally I wouldn't put my children in day care, but that's just me. I take them on all my errands, and they're included in every activity throughout my entire day. I guess you could say I am old fashioned, I believe that's a job of a stay at home Mom.

I don't think it has much to do with the case, although in some ways it could show her being overwhelmed.(as previously mentioned) but also could be for social aspects. BTW Amazing questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee