Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tera Smith and Sherri both went to Central Valley High back in 1998 when Tera went missing from a jog on Old Oregon Trail. How very odd.

Mickey Shunick's own father was a potential suspect in her case, having been the last person known to see her. Mickey's case was very mind boggling ... and tragic. LE looks at everyone and I appreciate that.

the last person to see Mickey was her best friend B and he was put through a wringer of suspicion until he gave press conferences demanding to be cleared this is what innocent people mostly do.

Granola, I can understand your kids being in drop in daycare if you have a chronic health issue.

I just am struggling to understand why a SAHM (if she was one) would have her kids in daycare and then friends and family would marvel at how devoted she was to her children.

I'm not casting aspersions - I'm just struggling to understand the situation. I wonder if she worked from home?

I agree. I have 4 children, 3 of which are toddlers/babies, who I stay home with. I don't understand why children would be in a daycare if she doesn't work. It's a very reasonable question to ask!

Another thing that is niggling at me..

Why did he immediately call daycare?

Wouldn't Sherri be the first one he would call? Why didn't he call HER?

Why would he use the "find my iphone" for her location? Again, WHY didn't he CALL HER first?

I don't like that at all. Thru his own words, he makes no statement about calling her. You would expect him to say, I tried calling her numerous times and it went to VM. Did he not call her because he knew she would not be answering?

With the info that is out there, that doesn't dispute anything I've said..I don't like this at all. Hinky meter is still "on" for this in my opinion.

Great points!!!

WHAT??? He actually said, "I know she's screaming for me??" No, no, no...who SAYS that? Ugh...

I hate this news channel. It is obvious they had quite a long interview with the husband and thusfar have stupidly not shown it in its entirety. They are showing it in bits and pieces, on different days no less. What kind of reporting is that?? Release the whole interview for God's sake!

I think it is difficult to see bits and pieces from interviews. The quotes will always seem out of context. Also I believe we are very influence by the stories in the media. IMO he has the horrendous story of the guy in SC who chained the woman in a storage shed. All situations I'm sure are just horrific to him, but that one is a very recent story in the news.

How about socialization with other children and getting them ready for school?

I agree. I have 4 children, 3 of which are toddlers/babies, who I stay home with. I don't understand why children would be in a daycare if she doesn't work. It's a very reasonable question to ask!

Is there a case map that pins her general home location and also where her phone was found? I'm trying to find out how long it would have taken her to jog from home to that location if she jogged a 10 minute mile or faster.

the last person to see Mickey was her best friend B and he was put through a wringer of suspicion until he gave press conferences demanding to be cleared this is what innocent people mostly do.

Could not disagree more.

WRT daycare, did they call either parent when the young children were not picked up for hours after their normal time?

Seems like that should have been the first flag raised early in the afternoon and not coming home to find no one there after 5 pm. I would think they would have called her first, then him. His phone was obviously working since he used it to find her phone after 5. So the timeline seems extended, with him not knowing she was gone after he could have known if daycare called.

Also, with him not returning her 10 am text until after 1:30. Seems like the timeline was stretched to make the time he became aware she was missing as late as possible.

In today's world, people put their kids in daycare for lots of reasons. She may have wanted time to herself for her hobbies and as a family they chose this option. If they were affluent enough to make that choice, or juggled their funds to make this possible, it's not really such a big deal (as far as the case goes). I know a stay at home mom who has a nanny for her 1 child. It's not really how most of us would do things, but people do actually do that.

The bigger question is how did Sherri spend her time on most days? What was her routine, hobbies, habits? What are her phone records, online searches and books read? Who did she talk with routinely?

Just getting caught up! I wanted to offer my point of view of being a stay at home mom but putting the kids in daycare. I've only got 1 child, and she's school aged now...but earlier on, a lot of people would describe me as being a "super mom". I appreciated it, but this put a lot of pressure on me. My only identity became "mom". I remember having a discussion once with my husband regarding putting our child in daycare, even if for just one day a week, so I could take a breather and try to get a bit of "me" back. He was understanding and stepped in to help, just so I could have a bit of time to myself. Perhaps she was just feeling burned out?

WRT daycare, did they call either parent when the young children were not picked up for hours after their normal time?

Seems like that should have been the first flag raised early in the afternoon and not coming home to find no one there after 5 pm. I would think they would have called her first, then him. His phone was obviously working since he used it to find her phone after 5. So the timeline seems extended, with him not knowing she was gone after he could have known if daycare called.

Also, with him not returning her 10 am text until after 1:30. Seems like the timeline was stretched to make the time he became aware she was missing as late as possible.
We do not know yet.... Maybe they were calling HER.

I think it is difficult to see bits and pieces from interviews. The quotes will always seem out of context. Also I believe we are very influence by the stories in the media. IMO he has the horrendous story of the guy in SC who chained the woman in a storage shed. All situations I'm sure are just horrific to him, but that one is a very recent story in the news.

I have to respectfully disagree.

Tera Smith and Sherri both went to Central Valley High back in 1998 when Tera went missing from a jog on Old Oregon Trail. How very odd.

That brings up another possibility. What if Sherri wanted to try to investigate her friend's abduction, maybe that's even why they moved back. If she poked her nose in too far, something could have happened.

Without knowing more about the daycare or Sherri's habits we can't know if the daycare was even expecting a pick up during the afternoon, unless Sherri always picked up at exactly the same time prior to 5pm there would be no reason for them to call anyone. In the UK the system for a private nursery that I guess is the equivalent to daycare, would be that you pay for either the whole day or a half day session. As long as you pick up before the end of the time you've paid for no one would call anyone - does the US system work in the same way?

FWIW I really wanted to decorate for Christmas once Halloween was over. Like the next day. I have several friends who have already done so. My hubby said I have to wait until Thanksgiving 

Maybe she really loves Christmas decorating. Maybe he got the boxes down from the rafters and she was going to do it shortly. Maybe the news decided to stage it. It does seem awfully staged. For having two young children there wasn't a lot of stuff in that room. And all the pics..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Chiming in here to say that I have a really really hectic schedule later this month and then a houseguest is arriving the last day of Nov. I have slowly started decorating for Christmas so that I can get everything done in time. Also, when I take a Halloween or fall decoration downstairs, I bring a Christmas decoration back up. Saves trips on these poor knees. My point is, I don't find the Christmas stuff already being out as unusual.

I have not read the whole thread; but did her husband leave work at all that day, ie was he actually the building or did he go home
for lunch and something else happened? I also don't like the text, the "I found her phone using find my iPhone" he contaminated the
scene. Maybe she wasn't jogging maybe she was running from someone she knows/knew very well. Sorry but I thought of Scott Peterson asap; don't know why. You want to believe in people but so often they show you are not who they appear to be. He was at the scene of some type of crime. I take issue with this as do others.

In the video there are a few green leaves and lots and lots of brown leaves all around the garment. If it was there for at least 4 hours, I find it hard to believe no leaves fell on top of it in the fall. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman