Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not post anyone's address unless it is in a media report or some other public document.

Thank you

Tricia

They found her phone, right? I assume this was not a staged scene, but you never know -- I wonder who she had been communicating with. If she worked from home or stayed at home while the kids were in daycare, she'd have a lot of quiet/alone time, and you never know, maybe she'd befriended someone online or someone local who wasn't quite the saint she thought they were. Maybe she went willingly, or maybe not. Just throwing ideas out there.

They found her phone, right? I assume this was not a staged scene, but you never know -- I wonder who she had been communicating with. If she worked from home or stayed at home while the kids were in daycare, she'd have a lot of quiet/alone time, and you never know, maybe she'd befriended someone online or someone local who wasn't quite the saint she thought they were. Maybe she went willingly, or maybe not. Just throwing ideas out there.

Yes they found her phone, earbuds and clumps of hair [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally wondered if hubby had staged the scene. But several friends and neighbors reported seeing her out walking/jogging when he said she was. So I think it might have been an abduction. Or a planned assault on her by a stalker, ex, etc?

Clumps of hair - so someone must have grabbed her by the hair and probably pulled her into a vehicle. She probably fought and that's why some hair got pulled out. So scary!

Can someone pinpoint the approximate location on google maps so we can get an idea of the surrounding area? Do we know whether she was heading back home or heading away from her home? Vehicle likely approached her from behind and kept going in the same direction after pulling her in.

Screenshot from my phone. Sundust to Sunrise to Old Oregon Trail.
fd257096e87959a4fc8fe4d0055fb2b6.jpg

I hoped to have time to start a case map today [emoji20] but work got in the way

I originally wondered if hubby had staged the scene. But several friends and neighbors reported seeing her out walking/jogging when he said she was. So I think it might have been an abduction. Or a planned assault on her by a stalker, ex, etc?
I believe this was a routine walk/run. I do wonder if someone had been watching her and knew that.

Im not sure how far she goes? I read yesterday very quickly. I am now playing catch up from last post to where I left off.

Friends/Neighbors saw her out but no one saw her go missing. I hope further into the investigation they dont find out a neighbor is involved.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Screenshot from my phone. Sundust to Sunrise to Old Oregon Trail.
fd257096e87959a4fc8fe4d0055fb2b6.jpg

I hoped to have time to start a case map today [emoji20] but work got in the way

How far is this route?

Most recent KRCR post http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/public-search-for-missing-shasta-co-woman/143131301

Volunteer grid searches took place today. Heading back out tomorrow morning.

From this link:

"I did a bit of a grid search and then went to the last location where we had seen her shoes we think are her shoe prints coming down the road here," said Wachter. [volunteer searcher]

Did LE not cordon off the location? If there was hair and her phone etc there must have been a scuffle? Maybe there were also shoe prints from the abductor.

How far is this route?

.08 miles from the area near the home on Sundust (not exact home location) to where her cell phone was found near intersection of Sunrise and Old Or. Trail. Not sure her normal route or if she was on way out for a run or on return trip

Last seen in a running outfit that was grey, not pink as reported (From a close friend of Sherri's in Redding) I will try to get her to join forum

Welcome CaliSun.......glad u are here with us. And yes, we would love to welcome Sherri's friend as well. Verified insiders always give a helpful perspective and tend to generate added interest to the thread. I'm hoping Sherri is found ASAP.

Last seen in a running outfit that was grey, not pink as reported (From a close friend of Sherri's in Redding) I will try to get her to join forum

So does that mean they think that some of the sightings of her jogging might have actually been someone else?

Can you also confirm last time seen? 2pm has widely been reported but now I am seeing 11 am in a comment correction on FB where they also correct pink to grey.

I don't think she is in that area, but I understand that they need to keep searching. I wish Shasta Co Sheriff would give an official update.

Oh dear. If she was wearing grey instead of pink they can basically start searching from square one again. Anyone who was told "pink" will have their eyes "set" for that color so to speak and ignore any other. Well that might not be 100% the case but I think it might have made the search highly unreliable.

I'm from the area and man, it's so scary, when people go missing from this part of the state. It seems like they never are found.

Ember Graham, Court Jones, and there's another lady too.

But I did read something interesting on the Shasta County Police call logs about a woman spotted sitting on a bridge on Old Oregon Trail. Light colored hair, black pants, gray top. I think, it was from the day of the disappearance.

I hope they're following up on both the sighting AND the person who called it in.

Clumps of hair - so someone must have grabbed her by the hair and probably pulled her into a vehicle. She probably fought and that's why some hair got pulled out. So scary!

Can someone pinpoint the approximate location on google maps so we can get an idea of the surrounding area? Do we know whether she was heading back home or heading away from her home? Vehicle likely approached her from behind and kept going in the same direction after pulling her in.

Not uncommon for a rapist or abductor to grab their victim by the hair if the victim is wearing it in a ponytail. If she was wearing earbuds and listening to music she likely didn't hear them until it was too late.

I'm from the area and man, it's so scary, when people go missing from this part of the state. It seems like they never are found.

Ember Graham, Court Jones, and there's another lady too.

But I did read something interesting on the Shasta County Police call logs about a woman spotted sitting on a bridge on Old Oregon Trail. Light colored hair, black pants, gray top. I think, it was from the day of the disappearance.

I hope they're following up on both the sighting AND the person who called it in.

Do you have a link to the police log? I looked at what I thought was the police log for that day, and it didn't even have the 911 calls reporting Sherri missing, so I'm certain I was in the wrong place. i also didn't see a mention of a woman on a bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member