Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grabbed a cap from that video. This is what they found by the side of the road. It looks like her phone and earbuds are in that fanny pack, since I see no sign of the earbuds.
That changes things considerably, doesn't it? It confirms my suspicions that it didn't just fall there during an abduction, somebody had to have thrown it there.

attachment.php

But why is it labeled #3?

Absolutely not the case. In our family we are comfortably living off of one income. But in my moms group of 80 sahm, only the ones who run successful at home businesses have their kids in part time daycare. And most of those actually utilize an in-home nanny for child-care so they can manage their business. This is in Orange County (affluent part of socal). It is unusual and there is very likely a reason for it. Sometimes people say daycare and it's a preschool, sometimes people do it part time to go to school (I had mine in care of another sahm who I swapped care with one morning a week so I could take a golf class.) There is a reason for it. It's not a bad thing though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Within the last couple of years, our school system has begun offering free pre-K for parents below certain income limits. I believe it is only for four-year olds and probably doesn't apply here.

I grabbed a cap from that video. This is what they found by the side of the road. It looks like her phone and earbuds are in that fanny pack, since I see no sign of the earbuds.
That changes things considerably, doesn't it? It confirms my suspicions that it didn't just fall there during an abduction, somebody had to have thrown it there.

attachment.php

I doubt they are inside since it is labeled '3'. I would guess the phone and earbuds are 1 & 2.

It has the number 3 on it so would the phone and ear buds be 1 and 2.

I have tremendous respect for what you and Ce's family went/are currently going through. I was in that forum from the beginning. It was a horrible, horrible, tragedy.

In Ce's abduction, she fought for her life against that monster!! As a result, there was substantial evidence which left a very telling crime scene. Not the "who", but pretty clear she was abducted and taken against her will. LE knew that right out of the gate, and acted accordingly. The FBI was called in hours after she was abducted.

Unfortunately, SCSO doesn't have the same scenario to work with. When I read the transcript of the Ashley Banfield show last night, it seemed as if Sheriff Bosenko is giving tremendous weight to the fact Sherri's scent could not be tracked. I am wondering if that is the only factor which dictated they stop searching and dedicate all their resources to following up on tips? It seems to me, they could do both. I'm trying to be respectful of Sheriff Bosenko/SCSO, but time is critical in these cases. I'm starting to feel like they are bungling this case.

Jash you have a very strong opinion. I don't see what you see in the news interviews. I think this is going to be an abduction, or she willingly left on her own.

I'm with you Knox on almost all counts here. I've said it earlier in the thread, and while trying to be respectful of SCSO, I will say that in case after case I have followed out of Shasta Co I have not been impressed with their urgency, media updates and effectiveness.

Also, the interviews. I just don't know. I see a broken family - but how can you censor every single word you say? You are in front of a camera taking about your spouse and the mother of your kids. I'm not sure I would have all the right words, tense, phrases, exclamations or answers. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must have a really sore arm stretching all that way!

Ok, so I had a quick scan of the thread

Please tell me if I have anything wrong and add to the list if there is more to go on the map

Last seen - Sunset Road
iPhone/earbuds/chuck of hair - Old Oregon Trial/Sunrise Drive
Ladies underwear found = Bear Mountain Road

What else? The daycare, do we know where that is?

Ladies underwear?! I missed that.

I am wondering if that is the only factor which dictated they stop searching and dedicate all their resources to following up on tips? It seems to me, they could do both. I'm trying to be respectful of Sheriff Bosenko/SCSO, but time is critical in these cases. I'm starting to feel like they are bungling this case.

By chance have you listened to the podcast "In the Dark" ? Its a 10-episode podcast exploring the way the Jacob Wetterling abduction was handled. It explores that case, as well as general issues the producers uncovered when researching how major cases are handled by sheriff departments around the US.

http://www.apmreports.org/in-the-dark

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2016/11/03/california-woman-missing-possibly-abducted/93261962/

Another article. Says she texted husband earlier in the day regarding whether or not he would be home for lunch. Family is quite sure it was an abduction. Pretty devastating photo of her husband being consoled. [emoji24]

Brining my post forward with this link. Someone asked for photos prior to Nov 6 interview. There is one a little ways down in the article with her husband/family and searchers.

I doubt they are inside since it is labeled '3'. I would guess the phone and earbuds are 1 & 2.

I decided that they don't always start with #1. But you could be right. Still, it's not like her fanny pack just fell off. It was thrown there by somebody.

attachment.php

Are the phone and earbuds inside of the pack, zipped and secured? Or are they loose, outside of it, in the vicinity? I can't tell from the photograph and I think that detail is important.

ETA: Just saw this question asked several posts back. If phone and earbuds are photos #1 & #2, where are those photos?

I don't think they confirmed it was related to this case. Just found during searching.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jazz
I still have a problem with this statement:
PAPINI: I received a text message from her at 10:37 a.m. that day asking me if I was coming home from lunch. I usually don`t bring my personal phone in

on my job, so I didn`t respond to that message until 1:39 p.m. later that day.

Can't figure out why she would text him knowing this??

I wonder if they have had any handymen or service guys at their home recently?

"Again I am for some odd reason getting AJ Hadsell flashes. 10:37, 1:39, such weirdly specific time recall, just like in AJs case. What time did I vote today? 11ish. That's all I can say for sure. I always feel when people make sure to get specific time stamps into a timeline of a crime, it's because they've carefully crafted something. I'm not outright accusing anyone, but it is usually a clear indicator that LE probably doesn't ignore either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk"

----

That still doesn't bother me if he's recalling a specific date/time-stamped text message that he's probably now read hundreds of times.

Still on the fence here.

I read it earlier in the thread. Searchers found womens underpants along Bear Mountain Road, is that not the case?

Thank you skibaboo for the map!

I read it earlier in the thread. Searchers found womens underpants along Bear Mountain Road, is that not the case?

http://eastvalleytimes.com/sheriffs-log-nov-1-7/

"[FONT=&quot]Caller is on private citizen searching party for missing person in the 13600 block of Bear Mountain Rd area. Caller found women’s underwear on the side of the road. Caller contacted MCU who referred her to patrol."[/FONT]

Again I am for some odd reason getting AJ Hadsell flashes. 10:37, 1:39, such weirdly specific time recall, just like in AJs case. What time did I vote today? 11ish. That's all I can say for sure. I always feel when people make sure to get specific time stamps into a timeline of a crime, it's because they've carefully crafted something. I'm not outright accusing anyone, but it is usually a clear indicator that LE probably doesn't ignore either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The specific times of incoming and outgoing texts and messages are easily viewed on cell phones. This doesn't send up any red flags for me. Neither does the fact that Sherri sent him a text without knowing exactly when he would see it. Why would she know where he would be every minute of the day?

So, there is no surveillance video of Sherri in the area where her belongings were found....is there video of said belongings being tossed from a vehicle? That's what I'm hoping now.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jazz
I still have a problem with this statement:
PAPINI: I received a text message from her at 10:37 a.m. that day asking me if I was coming home from lunch. I usually don`t bring my personal phone in

on my job, so I didn`t respond to that message until 1:39 p.m. later that day.

Can't figure out why she would text him knowing this??

I wonder if they have had any handymen or service guys at their home recently?

"Again I am for some odd reason getting AJ Hadsell flashes. 10:37, 1:39, such weirdly specific time recall, just like in AJs case. What time did I vote today? 11ish. That's all I can say for sure. I always feel when people make sure to get specific time stamps into a timeline of a crime, it's because they've carefully crafted something. I'm not outright accusing anyone, but it is usually a clear indicator that LE probably doesn't ignore either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk"

----

That still doesn't bother me if he's recalling a specific date/time-stamped text message that he's probably now read hundreds of times.

Still on the fence here.

Right. He probably doesn;t recall when he got the messages but he can look back at the time stamp of the messages to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3