Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you Knox on almost all counts here. I've said it earlier in the thread, and while trying to be respectful of SCSO, I will say that in case after case I have followed out of Shasta Co I have not been impressed with their urgency, media updates and effectiveness.

Also, the interviews. I just don't know. I see a broken family - but how can you censor every single word you say? You are in front of a camera taking about your spouse and the mother of your kids. I'm not sure I would have all the right words, tense, phrases, exclamations or answers. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knox...Yes, with Ce we knew pretty quickly that "something" had happened BUT that didn't immediately clear Josh. He was interviewed and reinterviewed thruout the night and the next morning, LE announced that he had been cleared and was not a suspect.

that's the point..you're not censoring your speech. If he was censoring he would have never let "I know she's screaming for me" fall out of his mouth.

I really pray that she ran off. She would be alive then and that is the best outcome ever. I hope it does not come back to spouse for her family. The betrayal and devastation that would cause would be unbearable i would think.

All this talk about the GPS on the husband's work truck, has this been verified by LE? Also, it may not even matter if no one saw her alive that day. I don't think eye witnesses who claim to have seen her THAT day are 100% reliable. Her phone being found by him AND being tossed so close to their home is far too convenient. I first found this board when Jennifer Hutson went missing so my thoughts first went to suicide, but why would she throw her phone out?! That ruled suicide out for me almost immediately. My first question is whether Sherri's husband is having an affair. Second, if she was pregnant and hadn't told family members yet. I also find it very interesting that both Sherri and her husband were aware of Tera Smith who went missing while "jogging" so perhaps this gave someone an idea or a place to start their story.

He drives a company car, carries a company cell phone, and is interacting with customers most of the day. LE will have a very easy job verifying where he was. However, the answer to your question is no - LE has not verified this.

LE has said multiple witnesses saw her walking/jogging that day. I don't think multiple witnesses get it wrong.

(Who is the "Ce" you guys keep referring to, if you don't mind?)

Maybe the childcare was an in-home daycare type of situation? Maybe not so formal with the pick up times? And possibly only part time or something. I don't know - just trying not to assume too much about the whole who called who first situation.

I would really love more clarification from LE - an update. Something.

Along the lines of this above, I agree with the daycare not having set hours. I am new here and just lurking, forgive me if this has been mentioned regarding the daycare, but around here (the midwest) a lot of daycares you don't have to set designated pick up times. For example you pay a set price no matter how many days or how long the children are there. If you use them 4 days from 8-12 typically that's fine but you still have the option to have them there from open to close (Say 7am-6pm). So the fact that some wondering if/why the daycare didn't call someone, I don't think there was a reason for them to call anyone yet. I think yes, it seems like typically she would have gotten them by then according to what her husband said, but it doesn't mean because they weren't picked up that the daycare should have called somebody. There was probably nothing to give off any sort of red flag to the daycare unless the children were still there after closing time.

Also, in regard to why she used a daycare if she was a sahm - lots of sahms around here use "drop in" type daycares or "mom's time out" type things to run errands as previous posters have mentioned. I know how hard it is to take my twins to the grocery, if I could afford to have a place to drop them off sometimes to get a workout in or a trip to the grocery without 6 melt downs I would do that in a heartbeat.

And lastly, in regard to her husband not having his personal cell phone at work/texting back right away - I don't think it's fishy at all. My husband has his phone on him at work but he's not always paying attention to it. There's plenty of times he probably sees my texts and doesn't respond immediately.

A big part of investigating a crime is to study the narrative you are given, by suspects, witnesses, victims, etc, and seek out "tells" that either confirm or refute this version of events. What you look for are details that appear inconsistent or contrary to what you would have expected. These anomalies do not necessarily mean that the story you were given was wrong, but they definitively require further consideration. In this case, two of these things stand out.

You do not expect a family with a SAHM and a husband with a job that pays, a best, an average salary for the community, to put 2 children in Day Care. This is very much the exception. There are perfectly reasonable explanations. Obviously, along with the many possible explanations that would appear to have no barring on Sharri's disappearance is the possibility that she was having some difficulties dealing with the day to day stresses of motherhood. We can not infer such a thing, and even if it were the case it would not exclude the possibility of abduction, but it would be some very important information.

Another significant inconsistency it the husband's story that Sherri texted him at 10:30 to see if he was coming home for lunch and he did not reply until 1:30. His explanation was that she knew he seldom had his phone with him when he was on the job so she really didn't expect a reply. This really seems a bit hinkey. Why ask if she didn't expect a reply and why wait until it was pretty obvious that he wasn't coming for lunch to tell her he wasn't. There are perfectly innocuous explanations but I can think of a few that are not. The husband is going to have to be checked out.

Per request, here's a cap of the green house behind the fanny pack.

And again, the link to live google maps of the sign they show later in the video. LINK.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sherri_phone2.jpg
    sherri_phone2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 593
Along the lines of this above, I agree with the daycare not having set hours. I am new here and just lurking, forgive me if this has been mentioned regarding the daycare, but around here (the midwest) a lot of daycares you don't have to set designated pick up times. For example you pay a set price no matter how many days or how long the children are there. If you use them 4 days from 8-12 typically that's fine but you still have the option to have them there from open to close (Say 7am-6pm). So the fact that some wondering if/why the daycare didn't call someone, I don't think there was a reason for them to call anyone yet. I think yes, it seems like typically she would have gotten them by then according to what her husband said, but it doesn't mean because they weren't picked up that the daycare should have called somebody. There was probably nothing to give off any sort of red flag to the daycare unless the children were still there after closing time.

Also, in regard to why she used a daycare if she was a sahm - lots of sahms around here use "drop in" type daycares or "mom's time out" type things to run errands as previous posters have mentioned. I know how hard it is to take my twins to the grocery, if I could afford to have a place to drop them off sometimes to get a workout in or a trip to the grocery without 6 melt downs I would do that in a heartbeat.

And lastly, in regard to her husband not having his personal cell phone at work/texting back right away - I don't think it's fishy at all. My husband has his phone on him at work but he's not always paying attention to it. There's plenty of times he probably sees my texts and doesn't respond immediately.

Jumping off this. I have seen 'daycare' referred to as 'preschool' by family. So I think we have to take it all with a grain of salt and we still don't know the exact situation :shrug:

Here is a list..

1. The husband received at text at 10:37 a.m. from Sherri asking him if he was coming home for lunch.
2. Because of not having his personal phone at his job he didn’t reply to her message until 1:39 p.m.
3. Her husband returned to the home later in the evening, around 5, and no one was home.
4. Her husband used the ‘find my phone’ app and found her cell phone on the ground near the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail. This is a mile from the home.
5. Sherri’s husband immediately called 911 at 5:51 p.m to report Sherri missing.
6. He believes she was abducted.
7. No one had heard from her for three and a half hours.
8. She typically picks up the couple's two children from day care in the afternoon. She did not pick up the kids.
9. Sherri was last seen wearing a pink exercise top during her neighborhood jog along the Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive, around 2 p.m. This is routine for her --- but there is no sign of her on surveillance video.
10. The dogs did not detect her scent where they found her phone/ear buds.
11. She left her car/keys/credit cards.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/northern-california-super-mom-vanished-jogging-43337963

The bright pink and black evidence item #3 is on the side of the road in front of a structure with windows. Not hidden. I would think someone would've pulled over and looked at it before KB tracked it down.

And why did the perp(s), while struggling with SP, drop it meekly onto the side of the road near mowed grass once he realized "oh boy I better get rid of the phone because it's trackable."

Doesn't make sense. I wonder if the "find my phone" app can be reviewed to see if it was actually engaged, at what time, and if the two phones communicated with each other from the house and from the side of the road.

A big part of investigating a crime is to study the narrative you are given, by suspects, witnesses, victims, etc, and seek out "tells" that either confirm or refute this version of events. What you look for are details that appear inconsistent or contrary to what you would have expected. These anomalies do not necessarily mean that the story you were given was wrong, but they definitively require further consideration. In this case, two of these things stand out.

You do not expect a family with a SAHM and a husband with a job that pays, a best, an average salary for the community, to put 2 children in Day Care. This is very much the exception. There are perfectly reasonable explanations. Obviously, along with the many possible explanations that would appear to have no barring on Sharri's disappearance is the possibility that she was having some difficulties dealing with the day to day stresses of motherhood. We can not infer such a thing, and even if it were the case it would not exclude the possibility of abduction, but it would be some very important information.

Another significant inconsistency it the husband's story that Sherri texted him at 10:30 to see if he was coming home for lunch and he did not reply until 1:30. His explanation was that she knew he seldom had his phone with him when he was on the job so she really didn't expect a reply. This really seems a bit hinkey. Why ask if she didn't expect a reply and why wait until it was pretty obvious that he wasn't coming for lunch to tell her he wasn't. There are perfectly innocuous explanations but I can think of a few that are not. The husband is going to have to be checked out.

Numerous people have explained how this is exactly how they or their significant other use their cell phone at work. They don't carry it around with them but check it periodically when they get a break, are between customers, or get back to their office. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean it isn't very normal for other people.

Also has this:
[FONT=&quot]Nov. 7[/FONT]

• A citizen called to report he believes he found clothes in a nearby ditch in the Holiday Rd and Old Oregon Trail area that look like the clothes the missing person was wearing when she was last seen. Caller is standing by near location.
Look at the first entry on Nov 3rd, could that have been her?

I don't believe for a second Sherri was abducted from where her belongings were found.
If this was a random abduction, im surprised the abductor would leave her things where they were found so quickly, yet be able to conceal her. There wasn't really any reason to seperate her from her belongings.
If we accept that witnesses saw her jogging, maybe they also saw her heading home afterwards.
I think the police know way more than what they are saying publicly.

http://eastvalleytimes.com/sheriffs-log-nov-1-7/

"Caller is on private citizen searching party for missing person in the 13600 block of Bear Mountain Rd area. Caller found women’s underwear on the side of the road. Caller contacted MCU who referred her to patrol."

Also has this:
[FONT="][B]Nov. 7[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[LIST]
[*]A citizen called to report he believes he found clothes in a nearby ditch in the Holiday Rd and Old Oregon Trail area that look like the clothes the missing person was wearing when she was last seen. Caller is standing by near location.
[/LIST][/QUOTE]

[quote="77DarkHorse7, post: 12922421"]Look at the first entry on Nov 3rd, could that have been her?

Wow...great catch!

Snipped...
...Nov. 3

A bypasser called at 9:34 a.m. to report approximately 30 minutes prior a he saw a female walking west bound on Oasis near Old Oregon Trail. She looked like she had been in a fight of some kind. Caller stopped and asked her if she needed help and she declined. Caller requests welfare care on female.

ETA: https://goo.gl/maps/DSfuPDwxTGK2

He drives a company car, carries a company cell phone, and is interacting with customers most of the day. LE will have a very easy job verifying where he was. However, the answer to your question is no - LE has not verified this.

LE has said multiple witnesses saw her walking/jogging that day. I don't think multiple witnesses get it wrong.

I realize that. But she isn't on any camera footage and dogs didn't pick up her scent. I'm not sure how long her scent would remain in the area she ran, but I'm reminded of Laci Peterson. Witnesses said they saw her walking the dog, but scent dogs did not pick up her scent in the park and we know she was never there because she was no longer alive.

Must have a really sore arm stretching all that way!

Ok, so I had a quick scan of the thread

Please tell me if I have anything wrong and add to the list if there is more to go on the map

Last seen - Sunset Road
iPhone/earbuds/chuck of hair - Old Oregon Trial/Sunrise Drive
Ladies underwear found = Bear Mountain Road

What else? The daycare, do we know where that is?

Thank you, thank you!!!!!! :loveyou:

are we sure that is a house? that looks like a bungalow and that is giant for that type of house.

Per request, here's a cap of the green house behind the fanny pack.

And again, the link to live google maps of the sign they show later in the video. LINK.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member