Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the norm where?! My son has been in daycare three days a week since he was 2.5 years old. Before that, we had a nanny who came twice a week since he was 6 weeks old. I'm a SAHM but I also need time to take care of myself and have a few hours to do things without my child like jogging or getting my nails done or grocery shopping without a child in tow. Also, I want my child to develop social skills with other children especially since he's an only child. In daycare he learns and grows as an individual. In my area in SoCal and in my social circle this is the norm. Most of my friends are SAHMs and their children go to daycare at least twice a week. The only place I've met judgement for this was when I went to visit my family in Kentucky and they acted like I was somehow cheating and not a real mom for utilizing daycare lol! What is the "norm" varies where ever you live.
Where in socal do you live? I lived in Pasadena, Orange County and now San Diego. The mom groups I'm active in average around 50 to 100 stay at home moms. It's not the norm in any of my circles. I can see you are very passionate about this and I understand why but just because you do something does not make it normal. A full time non-working mother who is in a dense area does not usually have her kids in daycare. I understand you do. It is not anything that is common where I have lived. And as you can see I've covered most of southern California. Where do you live?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Many people out in the hinterlands don't lock their houses when they go out, especially just for a jog in the neighborhood.

A lot of homes have a lock with keypads too that don't require someone to have to take house keys with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i found a very strange post re this missing woman on an fb search- not sure i can post it here as a screen shot but it's a bit eerie...

Very interesting indeed. Here is Teras thread

Going to look into this further

Really! Where do suppose this Troy Zink is now?
Surely, both Sherri and Keith were very familiar with this case and it could be the catalyst for concealed gun permits and clothing. And, quite possibly the reason KP immediately thought of abduction.

I agree.
I also think its odd how quickly he dialed 911 and said it was an abduction. It was less than an hour..

1. He was home around 5ish.
2. No one home.
3. He called his children's day care and was told Sherri hadn't picked up their kids.
4. He used the "Find My iPhone" app to locate his wife's cell phone, which he discovered down the street.
5. He then immediately called 911 at 5:51 p.m to report Sherri missing.

Yeah. Why didn't he just keep dialing Sherri while driving to the daycare to get the kids? Why immediately pull in a relative? Why get on a "tech app" to find Sherri's phone? Did he even try to call Sherri's family, friends before he tapped the "find my phone" app? A 51 minute timeline seems so compressed.

Where in socal do you live? I lived in Pasadena, Orange County and now San Diego. The mom groups I'm active in average around 50 to 100 stay at home moms. It's not the norm in any of my circles. I can see you are very passionate about this and I understand why but just because you do something does not make it normal. A full time non-working mother who is in a dense area does not usually have her kids in daycare. I understand you do. It is not anything that is common where I have lived. And as you can see I've covered most of southern California. Where do you live?

BBM

Same.

JMO

Yeah. Why didn't he just keep dialing Sherri while driving to the daycare to get the kids? Why immediately pull in a relative? Why get on a "tech app" to find Sherri's phone? Did he even try to call Sherri's family, friends before he tapped the "find my phone" app? A 51 minute timeline seems so compressed.

I personally dont find it odd at all. I have done the same when my wife wasnt where she was supposed to be. Worry warts i guess.

I have to say, that in CA it is not unusual for very young kids to attend some sort of daycare (part time or full time) even with a stay at home parent. I did not do this with my children, but I do know many parents who did. I am not super familiar with the area of Redding, but in the areas that I have lived (northern and southern) it was not uncommon.

And just because its not normal for you, doesnt mean its not normal for other people.

What has not been mentioned is that reportedly she was seen by a neighbor(s) on the day she disappeared. Unfortunately, no one seems to agree on the time. Anywhere from 11am to 2PM.

Sherri may have very well taken a jog..been seen..and made it home. What happened to her could have occurred while she was in her own home AFTER she returned from her jog. We cannot get stuck in the fact that where her phone was found was where she disappeared when it very well could have been planted there.
I'm with you, I'm more interested in if she arrived home after her jog. The 1 39 text bothers me somewhat, seems a bit late to say you won't be home for lunch. By 1 30 pm I'd assume husband wasn't coming home.
Would be interesting to know if Sherri sent 10 30am text after her jog,

I'm with you, I'm more interested in if she arrived home after her jog. The 1 39 text bothers me somewhat, seems a bit late to say you won't be home for lunch. By 1 30 pm I'd assume husband wasn't coming home.

Personally, I take lunch for an hour sometime between 10:30 and 2. Whenever i get a chance. My wife, usually texts at some point and asks if and when ill be home that day. I spend most of the day in meetings, and will text her back when i get a chance. Even if its 2pm, ill still write back and say yes or no if ill be home or not. I dont find this unusual at all.

And just because its not normal for you, doesnt mean its not normal for other people.
OK let me clear this up. Normal as in statistically. As in math. Math is hard to argue with. If I take a slice of the sahm pie, regardless of what I am doing, it is not common. This is really stupid anyhow. I was just curious what she does with her day and who she comes in contact with.

"Normal" means "typical". "Common". You can't really say just because it's not common for you doesn't mean it's not common for Sherri.

I don't think anyone is finding fault - it just remains a curiosity, IMHO, why her friends say she was a dedicated hands-on SAHM when her children are in daycare.

Sometimes, stuff like that catches your eye and you wonder whether it has anything to do with her disappearing.

OK let me clear this up. Normal as in statistically. As in math. Math is hard to argue with. If I take a slice of the sahm pie, regardless of what I am doing, it is not common. This is really stupid anyhow. I was just curious what she does with her day and who she comes in contact with.

Yes, it's a huge rabbit hole at best, imho.
I was a SAHM moons ago and didn't send my children to daycare because I didn't have that option where I lived. I was a dedicated mom but might have been better if I had had some time to myself. Just to sit and appreciate silence if nothing else.
Think we need to find our way out of this debate.

So he finally gets the text at 1:30 and should just ignore it or reply back that he was busy?

By most reports the jogging was done late morning early afternoon. Getting back from a job after 10:30 would mean the job started before or around 9:30 I would guess.

First off, what brilliant posters/sleuthers on this forum...kudos to all! While I can understand why many believe the husband is involved (I, personally, go back and forth), I notice when reading the various police blogs, many, many worrying (to me) occurrences have taken place in this rural area...most concerning are the sightings of people who don't belong seeming to "case the joint", so to speak...compounded by the fact that there seems to be other details that are not being addressed to the public...just my "two cents"...

Can we all agree to disagree on what is normal for daycare/preschool/SAHM ? It just is what it is. It has been called daycare by MSM and the hubby. Preschool by the hubby's FIL. We have no idea if it was formal, full time, part time, church-based, anything. Normal is different for every family. Heck - maybe they qualify for assistance or head- start program. Who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's a huge rabbit hole at best, imho.
I agree. Unless she did volunteer work in a risky field or something like that. I would hope it would have been mentioned but a lot that probably should have been clarified has not been. This has just been really frustrating and I hope there is a positive outcome, soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member