Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOUNTAIN GATE, Calif. - Sherri Papini went missing last Wednesday and no one as seen or heard from her since.

Keith Papini, Sherri's husband, believes she was abducted and is asking for her safe return.

"Bring her home, bring her home, just bring her home,” Keith said as tears filled his eyes. “Bring her home safe there is a $50,000 reward just bring her home."

It's been five days since Sherri was last seen wearing a pink jogging jacket off Old Oregon Trail in Mountain Gate, north of Redding.

"It's hard waiting you know, you are waiting for a phone call, you're waiting for something to tell us this is the directions, or this is the house, or this is the car and that is very difficult right now."

On November 2, Keith came home and noticed Sherri's car was there, which is normal, but when he went inside their house it was abnormally quiet.

"And on normal days I would open the door and my family comes, runs and give me a hug," Keith said with a small smile on his face.

This time he was not welcomed with hugs from Sherri and his two children ages two and four.

So he searched their house and their property, but could not find his family.

Keith called their daycare and the children still had not been picked up.

He used the Find my iPhone app to locate Sherri's phone, which was down the street, off Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise.

"That's when I knew she had been taken or abducted, in my opinion," Keith noted.

He called 911 and a search for his wife started.

The sheriff's office does not have enough evidence or information at this time to point to an abduction.

Anthony Bertain, a lieutenant with the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, noted they have received well over 100 tips since last Thursday.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...issing-wife-ask-for-her-safe-return/145248010

Another thing that is niggling at me..

Why did he immediately call daycare?

Wouldn't Sherri be the first one he would call? Why didn't he call HER?

Why would he use the "find my iphone" for her location? Again, WHY didn't he CALL HER first?

I don't like that at all. Thru his own words, he makes no statement about calling her. You would expect him to say, I tried calling her numerous times and it went to VM. Did he not call her because he knew she would not be answering?

With the info that is out there, that doesn't dispute anything I've said..I don't like this at all. Hinky meter is still "on" for this in my opinion.

Jashrema I have been thinking the same about nothing being reported of him calling her first. Find it very odd.

Jashrema I have been thinking the same about nothing being reported of him calling her first. Find it very odd.

Beyond odd. Extremely glaring omission on his part, that he made no calls to her cell

Wow, that is an excellent point that he did everything EXCEPT call her. His alibi would be pretty easy to disprove - work to a certain time, then home. And unless someone actually spoke to her on that run, there are no proven sightings.
I was thinking before that he could have used her phone to send himself the message about lunch.

I can't post from this phone. Can someone please go to Shasta County Sheriff Facebook page and post the Nov 4 update here in its entirety?

I can't post from this phone. Can someone please go to Shasta County Sheriff Facebook page and post the Nov 4 update here in its entirety?

Shasta County Sheriff's Office
November 4 at 11:53am ·
NEWS RELEASE *Updated*
*Missing Person – Sherri Papini*
Suspicious Circumstances/At Risk
On 11/02/16, Wednesday at 1751 hours, Papini was reported missing after she was not found at home and her cell phone being discovered on the ground near the intersection of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon trail.
On 11/03/16, Thursday, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office conducted organized searches in the area of Sunrise Drive and Old Oregon Trail for Missing Person, Sherri Papini utilizing members of the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, Search and Rescue Team. CHP air operations also assisted with an aerial search. Ground searchers conducted follow up canvasses and contacted area residences while searching for any evidence or clues associated with Sherri Papini. Good information was obtained and passed onto detectives that is assisting them putting together a timeline of Sherri’s Papini’s activities around 11/02/16. Detectives have conducted numerous interviews with Sherri Papini’s family, friends and the public. Tips and leads continue to come to the Sheriff’s Office however at this time, Sherri Papini’s whereabouts are still unknown.
Patrol deputies have continued to conduct directed enforcement operations in the area making contacts with pedestrians and motorist in an attempt to learn information about what has occurred. Patrol Deputies and detectives continue to contact 290 registrants in the area and continue to expand their area of coverage. Detectives are continuing to search for surveillance video as well as trail/game cameras from residences and stores that cover all probable routes in and out of the Sunrise Drive area.
Today, detectives are reviewing information, tips, surveillance gathered over the past two days to piece together timelines and locate information about what occurred with Sherri Papini. The Sheriff’s Office is also reviewing information from yesterday’s search to prepare for additional searches. The public is strongly urged to contact the Sheriff’s Office for tips where someone may have seen a suspicious person(s) or vehicle(s) on 11/02/16 in the area of Sunrise Drive, Old Oregon Trail and surrounding areas.
The Sheriff’s Office is aware of the multiple theories about what may have happened with Sherri Papini. The Sheriff’s Office encourages the public to continue to be supportive to family as well as law enforcement efforts as these are stressful circumstances. Be assured that the Sheriff’s Office is utilizing all available assets, investigative techniques as well as outside resources and agencies to assist as needed.
Again, the Sheriff’s Office has had multiple eye witness reports from neighbors that know Sherri Papini and she was seen in the area of Sunrise Drive on 11/02/16 in the mid to late-morning/early afternoon wearing a pink jogging top while she was on a jog/walk.
If anyone has information on Sherri Papini’s where abouts or tips they can call dispatch 24 hours a day at 530-245-6540, or at the Major Crimes Unit 530-245-6135. Tips can also be submitted at mcu@co.shasta.ca.us.

16-40875
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
Major Crimes Unit
Sergeant Brian Jackson
530-245-6172
11/04/16, 1030 hours

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1736179189968915&id=1527637610823075&substory_index=0

This one? HTH!

Did she have a fitness app on her phone? In the April Milsap case, that helped tremendously.
If she did, and it was synced to a computer at home, perhaps LE/family can access that.

Please remember that Websleuths is victim friendly, and that includes the family of the victims.

To emphasize what LE has said in the above release ...

"The Sheriff’s Office encourages the public to continue to be supportive to family as well as law enforcement efforts as these are stressful circumstances."

With that in mind, please post respectfully and responsibly, and in accordance with The Rules.

:tyou:

Wow, that is an excellent point that he did everything EXCEPT call her. His alibi would be pretty easy to disprove - work to a certain time, then home. And unless someone actually spoke to her on that run, there are no proven sightings.
I was thinking before that he could have used her phone to send himself the message about lunch.

Do we know what kind of work he does? It might be a job where he isn't able to use his phone so picking up the text late might be quite innocent, perhaps he travels round and reception is patchy. It would also tell us whether he works with people all day who account for his movements

I'm interested in whether the text about coming home at lunch was a routine daily query so Sherri could plan her day, make sure she was in if he was coming home or leave some lunch for him if she was going out.

To me 2pm is an add time to go for a run, unless Sherri ate a light lunch early or had a late breakfast imo 2pm is a peak time for having undigested food and getting a stitch.

In the absence of any further information the children being in daycare doesn't ring any alarm bells for me, it could be they are there just 1 day a week to allow Sherri to catch up

Please remember that Websleuths is victim friendly, and that includes the family of the victims.

To emphasize what LE has said in the above release ...

"The Sheriff’s Office encourages the public to continue to be supportive to family as well as law enforcement efforts as these are stressful circumstances."

With that in mind, please post respectfully and responsibly, and in accordance with The Rules.

:tyou:

If we suspect a family member in some way (gut feeling, their actions or their speech), what's the best way to approach this? Should we wait until there's further developments to discuss?

To clarify, I'm not asking that in a rude way! I'm relatively new around here and don't want to post anything that's inflammatory, but also have some doubts over alibis and given statements. I just wondered what the best way to deal with that is?

What's the area like surrounding the location where her phone was found? Would there be any surveillance cameras able to detect a particular vehicle maybe driving there to plant the phone?

The husband will be interviewed coming up on GMA this morning.

The husband will be interviewed coming up on GMA this morning.

I don't have a qualified opinion at this point. But my gut tells me her husband is not involved, jmo

I don't have a qualified opinion at this point. But my gut tells me her husband is not involved, jmo

I'm reserving my opinion. The things I brought up are concerning to me tho, particularly why did he not call her phone? I would like to be able to find verification from LE alibis, phone records, etc. and also that he called her at least once. They state that they are also questioning 4 area sex offenders but no updates from that either.

Shasta County population: 179,000

RSO in Shasta County 563

RSO living in Redding 304

Ration of residents to sex offenders 299 to 1

Is it just me or does that seem high?

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/s...hing-for-missing-at-risk-woman-sherri-papini/

Another article. This is so concerning!! This article says her husband tracked her iPhone and found it but she was no where around it. I am also seeing chatter on FB regarding her earphones/hair being found [emoji20] to me it sounds like the phone wasn't too far from her house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We need to separate fact from rumor here, and I have some questions if anyone can provide me links to possible answers. I've searched and cannot find

Has the 911 call been released that her husband made?

Has her husband given a video/on air interview anywhere?

Finding "chunks of hair is a rumor, this has been downgraded to "strands of hair" and we have NO confirmation from LE that they are hers, correct? They'd have to run DNA. For all we know, any hair is rumor

LE has not said anything about husbands co-workers and his alibi. What is out there is be posted by others..not LE, correct?

The husband "found" her phone. I assume if he did find the phone, he picked it up, trampled on the place it was found, and contaminated the spot that it was found with his own DNA.

Sorry..I do not like the fact that he found the phone.

I don't like the fact that he didn't text her until "late afternoon" that he would NOT be home for lunch. Did she text back? Was she already missing at this point? Where was she when he texted her back? Police have not released any "pinging", correct?

A big red flag for me is that it has been 5 days and LE has NOT OFFICIALLY CLEARED the husband. I know he's cooperating and out searching, but LE has not cleared him and that speaks volumes to me. When Sierah went missing, Josh left Ce halfway home and went back to his home. He's the BF. Pretty suspicious that he "left her". He was OFFICIALLY CLEARED within 8 hours. He was interviewed and questioned NUMEROUS times in those few hours. LE announced the next morning that Josh was cleared and not under investigation nor a suspect. It has been 5 days and LE is not clearing the husband. The only thing they will say is that he is cooperating.

I'm not convinced that the husband does not have some sort of knowledge about what happened to her yet.

I pray that she is found soon. Her poor sister looks absolutely devastated. This is just horrible
I think we can all be in agreement with your line of questioning, for the same reasons. Post #4 (quoted above) is all we needed to know. It's just a matter time before LE fills in the holes in his story.

My thoughts: I'm curious about how many times hubby was up there before they moved up there, and how often he went out alone before she went missing. Where was he (all the time) from sun up to sun down for those first weeks? Did he go out driving alone? Where'd his phone ping all those weeks? He may have scoped out a place to hide her body long before they even moved up there. Why did they move up there? Another woman? JMO

Another thing that is niggling at me..

Why did he immediately call daycare?

Wouldn't Sherri be the first one he would call? Why didn't he call HER?

Why would he use the "find my iphone" for her location? Again, WHY didn't he CALL HER first?

I don't like that at all. Thru his own words, he makes no statement about calling her. You would expect him to say, I tried calling her numerous times and it went to VM. Did he not call her because he knew she would not be answering?

With the info that is out there, that doesn't dispute anything I've said..I don't like this at all. Hinky meter is still "on" for this in my opinion.

BBM
Yes, that is always a red flag.
Praying for this family!

I may be way out in left field, but I find it very strange that a phone, earbuds and clumps of hair would be lying on a busy road, near an intersection, for several hours, and still be found together and intact. Seems too neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129