Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has her family said anything about their son in law.

This post lands at random.

For new members who have not yet familiarized themselves with Websleuths TOS, and for those who may need a refresher:

The Rules

Etiquette & Information (scroll down to section titled Victim Friendly):

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

:tyou:

She is such a pretty girl I can see someone being attracted to her. She would be hard not to notice.
It is very possible this was an abduction.
But we don't know what was going on in their lives either, guess we have to wait and see,

I do not expect LE to officially "clear" the husband until there is compelling evidence that points in a different direction. I think the husband is going to have to expect a lot of harsh questioning of himself and everyone he knows. Sometimes dirt unrelated to the disappearance is going to come out. Unfortunately, the husband is always going to be the prime suspect, and assuming he is in fact uninvolved, it is going to be very frustrating to him to see resources wasted while focusing on him. That is just how things work.

About the "clearing" part. It has now been six days. The immediate suspect would be the spouse of course. That's just the way it goes. It has been 6 days and he has not been cleared. LE has not said, we can account for the husbands time when she went missing. Co-workers, gas station workers, cameras , etc. have shown that husband was no where near home. They have not done that. In 6 days, I'm sure they've talked to all his co-workers but that obviously has not cleared him. That bugs me. IF he could be involved, I would think the timeline of where he was AFTER she was seen by a neighbor on the road (2PM) and then end of day. So, I would want to know that the husband can be accounted for from 1:30-PM to 5:51 PM when he called 911. I would also like to hear the 911 call.

LE did say they were looking at game and security cameras in the area. The Nov 4th press release seemed overly long and almost had a defensive tone to it. Add that to husbands tv pleas saying she was abducted, friends and family doing their own searches.

Is this strictly because LE will not call this an abduction? Also why did LE say they were not going to search the area the phone and ear buds were found?

Just wondering if there is something going on behind the scenes we aren't hearing? On the face of it, doesn't seem like KP is anything but a husband desperate to find his wife.

BBM, agreed in that the Sheriff's update seemed defensive. Living in the North State I am fairly familiar with Bosenko and frankly, I am not all that impressed by him. I think he wanted to make it clear they were doing everything they possible can to look into Sherri's whereabouts. I feel that Shasta Co has always treated missing persons cases too casually and I think it was clear from the beginning that Sherri does not lead a high-risk lifestyle as some other unsolved missing in Shasta Co did (ie. Heather Cameron and Cort Jones).

There was a case recently that I followed that the LE was giving updates almost every single day in writing or directly to the media and I really appreciated that (I cannot for the life of me think of which case it was!) Even if only to say, "there are no new leads," "or we are following up on x,y,z" I think it really helps the public to feel confident that they are working as hard as possible. I would like to see an update from LE today, given that no family-lead searches are taking place today.

I think it would be helpful for people to cruise around the area on streetview. This is a rural neighborhood. I can totally see the phone sitting on the side of the road undisturbed for a few hours and not being run over or messed with. Old Oregon Trail is a 'busy road' given the surroundings, but probably not what many people who live in a City would consider a busy road. Here is screenshot of Google Earth Streetview of OOT at Sunrise Drive. Notice the mailboxes and schoolbus shelter - very rural! And likely very green right now given recent rains, similar to photo (Dec 2011).

OOTatSunriseDr.jpg

I just wish we had more info to go on. I know we have to consider the husband - has he ever actually come out and said "I never tried to call her phone"? Maybe he did and it just hasn't been explicitly stated?

Has her family said anything about their son in law.

RSBM

Not to my knowledge.

So far there are many questions that may or may not be of importance.

At this point I am hoping she left of her own accord-- which would mean she's safe and needed some time away ?

I think she was taken and is in grave danger. Not sold on the husband as the perp yet. We don't know all the details on who he called, etc. It was only reported that he was the one that found the phone. He was at work and has an alibi.

Listen if I got home from work and my wife was missing I would definitely call around first. Call her, call family, call friends. Then after that I would try to find the phone. If I found the phone on the side of the road, I would be very worried. That's all that I would be focusing on!

I think she was taken and is in grave danger. Not sold on the husband as the perp yet. We don't know all the details on who he called, etc. It was only reported that he was the one that found the phone. He was at work and has an alibi.

Listen if I got home from work and my wife was missing I would definitely call around first. Call her, call family, call friends. Then after that I would try to find the phone. If I found the phone on the side of the road, I would be very worried. That's all that I would be focusing on!
SABBM

So, technically, he needs to be cleared so they can focus on where she may be held ?
Why is le dragging their feet on this ?

And, was he in an office-type setting ,where his movements can be accounted for ?

Some people's jobs have them traveling-- like realtors.

MOO

RSBM

Not to my knowledge.

So far there are many questions that may or may not be of importance.

At this point I am hoping she left of her own accord-- which would mean she's safe and needed some time away ?
If she was safe I'd think she would contact the authorities and let them know and also her family.
I hate.to think the worst but...

SABBM

So, technically, he needs to be cleared so they can focus on where she may be held ?
Why is le dragging their feet on this ?

And, was he in an office-type setting ,where his movements can be accounted for ?

Some people's jobs have them traveling-- like realtors.

MOO

I am not sure how much we can say about husband's job per TOS, but he does have a LinkedIn, FYI. Can I link it?

I'd be very surprised if he couldn't have a cell phone on him that family could reach him in urgent situations an vice versa (esp given his job). He has an associates in administration of justice. Hopefully that means he will be of more help to the police (knowing what details would be important, etc to finding Sherri).

A man named Rod Rodriguez III posted some interesting info on the missing facebook page. Says he is Sherri's Father-In-Law (Keith's Dad?). https://www.facebook.com/FindSherri/

Not sure what you mean by "husband" but if you are implying he was involved in the disappearance you are way off base. Keith has cooperated fully with police, allowed the home and vehicles to be searched without warrants, turned over all electronic devices (phones, laptops, ipads) and did not lawyer up when brought down for questioning. Additionally his work vehicle he was driving on the day of the abduction is equipped with a gps tracking system, his cell phone location pings have been examined and every client he met with that day has confirmed his whereabouts. Personally I feel the Sheriff Department is remiss in not communicating to the public that no evidence has been found linking Keith to Sherri's disappearance.

Right back at you with "I don't know where you get all your information". Sherri is my daughter-in-law. Perhaps you would like to defend your statement that Keith is the main suspect. Ignoring the fact that I know this family intimately and what a loving family it is, I gave information of the exculpatory evidence showing Keith had nothing to do with it. You've provided no evidence in support of your comment.

So he called the authorities first and he did not call around? She could have been shopping - etc.

Also did he try to find the phone before calling authorities? It was also her ear buds that he found- which is weird- earbuds are small-how does someone find them?

I am a little wishy-washy on the details of how long they have been in the Redding area. I have seen that they both grew up there and their marriage license was issued by Shasta Co in 2009, correct? But it sounds like some people stated they only recently returned to the area? I am confused. I thought they had lived there for long time.

The Sundust property is owned by a Papini family member according to property records I am able to search at work.

How often do women 25-35 go missing while jogging?

Along with the murders in NY and MA, this makes #3 in as many months. All very pretty white women running alone during the day.

So did he try to find the phone before calling authorities? It was also her phone and ear buds that he found- which is weird- earbuds are small-how does someone find them?

We can only suspect, but I'm certain he found the phone before calling authorities. And most iphone earbuds are white and corded. They would stick out.

BBM, agreed in that the Sheriff's update seemed defensive. Living in the North State I am fairly familiar with Bosenko and frankly, I am not all that impressed by him. I think he wanted to make it clear they were doing everything they possible can to look into Sherri's whereabouts. I feel that Shasta Co has always treated missing persons cases too casually and I think it was clear from the beginning that Sherri does not lead a high-risk lifestyle as some other unsolved missing in Shasta Co did (ie. Heather Cameron and Cort Jones).

There was a case recently that I followed that the LE was giving updates almost every single day in writing or directly to the media and I really appreciated that (I cannot for the life of me think of which case it was!) Even if only to say, "there are no new leads," "or we are following up on x,y,z" I think it really helps the public to feel confident that they are working as hard as possible. I would like to see an update from LE today, given that no family-lead searches are taking place today.

I think it would be helpful for people to cruise around the area on streetview. This is a rural neighborhood. I can totally see the phone sitting on the side of the road undisturbed for a few hours and not being run over or messed with. Old Oregon Trail is a 'busy road' given the surroundings, but probably not what many people who live in a City would consider a busy road. Here is screenshot of Google Earth Streetview of OOT at Sunrise Drive. Notice the mailboxes and schoolbus shelter - very rural! And likely very green right now given recent rains, similar to photo (Dec 2011).

View attachment 104256

I just wish we had more info to go on. I know we have to consider the husband - has he ever actually come out and said "I never tried to call her phone"? Maybe he did and it just hasn't been explicitly stated?

Good perspective on being a local. Is this an "affluent" area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman