Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So he did not respond to her text until 1:39 pm because he usually does not have his phone with him at his work? He finally remembered he had his phone then responded?

I am confused about the statement: "
I usually don’t bring my personal phone in on my job".
-----------
“I received a text message from her at 10:37 a.m. that day asking me if I was coming home for lunch,” Keith Papini said. “I usually don’t bring my personal phone in on my job. So I didn’t respond to that message until 1:39 p.m. that day.”

Papini added that he traced his wife’s cellphone using an app that tracks lost phones and found the device on the side of a road.
“Knowing that she didn’t pick up our kids — there is no way that ever happens,” Papini said. “She could drop her phone, but she would never in a million years not pick up our children on a time that she normally would have.”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-mi...erri-papini-thinks-abducted/story?id=43348426

A man named Rod Rodriguez III posted some interesting info on the missing facebook page. Says he is Sherri's Father-In-Law (Keith's Dad?). https://www.facebook.com/FindSherri/

I just did some quick searches---and he is indeed the father-in-law. Most likely his stepfather. He does seem to be married to Sherris mother, who has lots of recent photos of Sherri and her husband in happy family times. I think she is supporting him at this time too.

A man named Rod Rodriguez III posted some interesting info on the missing facebook page. Says he is Sherri's Father-In-Law (Keith's Dad?). https://www.facebook.com/FindSherri/

I'm going to comment on this because as you know my family just got thru this ourselves. I am assuming that different LE depts work different ways as do agencies but from what we just suffered thru..

LE does not tell anything to anyone except NEXT OF KIN. Sherri's next of kin is her husband. I don't think they would be giving any info AT ALL to the in-laws or even her parents. She is married. HE is her next of kin. So I am thinking that with the FIL saying this...he is getting his info from THE HUSBAND, not directly from LE. He states that he's a bit peeved that LE hasn't publicly cleared husband after all he has done and come back clean. Uh huh. The husband is telling his stepfather that he is "clear". I would be willing to bet that LE is not speaking to the FIL AT ALL besides certain questioning that is necessary.

This is based on what my family just went thru. When the feds would come in with an update..they would remove Ce's parents from the room and talk ONLY to them. It was then up to Ce's parents to tell my sis and/or Josh what LE had said if they wanted to share it.

Who does not bring their phone with them to work??

“I received a text message from her at 10:37 a.m. that day asking me if I was coming home for lunch,” Keith Papini said. “I usually don’t bring my personal phone in on my job. So I didn’t respond to that message until 1:39 p.m. that day.”

Papini added that he traced his wife’s cellphone using an app that tracks lost phones and found the device on the side of a road.
“Knowing that she didn’t pick up our kids — there is no way that ever happens,” Papini said. “She could drop her phone, but she would never in a million years not pick up our children on a time that she normally would have.”
http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-mi...erri-papini-thinks-abducted/story?id=43348426

From what I have read on his LinkedIn and family responses on the FB page, it sounds like part of his job includes visiting clients. I am surmising that he means something along the lines of 'I don't bring my personal phone into client visits' like perhaps he makes IT-related client visits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who does not bring their phone with them to work??

In this quote, Keith is confirming that Sheri texted his personal cell phone, the one he acknowledges that he does not take in to work. Why would she text that phone, knowing he would be unlikely to see it?

I would like to know where his response at 1:39pm pinged from.

I live in norcal about 1 hr from where this occured. For those not familiar with surrounding areas of Redding area there is lots of sketchy areas in the boondocks. My husband is a firefighter and has been stationed in these areas and when I told him about this case he said "she is probably in some sketchy place with the weirdos who live out there". There are so many areas she could have been taken to and plenty of oddball people out there. Just my 2 cents

From what I have read on his LinkedIn and family responses on the FB page, it sounds like part of his job includes visiting clients. I am surmising that he means something along the lines of 'I don't bring my personal phone into client visits' like perhaps he makes IT-related client visits?

That is the way I read it also ... he doesn't bring his personal phone IN

JMO

So he did not respond to her text until 1:39 pm because he usually does not have his phone with him at his work? He finally remembered he had his phone then responded?

-----------

Ime it's not unusual to not be able to answer a phone during the work day. At my work we can only use phones on breaks so it someone texts me straight after I've got to work it could be a few hours before I see the message. I could be in a meeting that might make the interval even longer, imo really not a red flag in itself.

If Sherri hadn't followed up the test with a call or 2nd message that suggests she didn't expect him to be able to reply instantly, she didn't hear from him so assumed he wasn't coming home or it went past his lunch break time so she went for her jog

It would be very helpful to know if he did call the phone, at the moment the absence of confirmation either way means we can't assume he didn't try to contact her that way first or maybe it was his usual thing to track the phone to see if she was on a run or at the shops or gym before making a call.

In this quote, Keith is confirming that Sheri texted his personal cell phone, the one he acknowledges that he does not take in to work. Why would she text that phone, knowing he would be unlikely to see it?

I would like to know where his response at 1:39pm pinged from.

Agreed!
Humm ...So he did not respond to her text until 1:39 pm because he usually does not have his phone with him at his work..did he finally remembered he had his phone then responded?

A person with children should always has a phone available in case of emergencies. They can always turn it on vibrate when working.

just following the Ember Graham case made that clear!

I live in norcal about 1 hr from where this occured. For those not familiar with surrounding areas of Redding area there is lots of sketchy areas in the boondocks. My husband is a firefighter and has been stationed in these areas and when I told him about this case he said "she is probably in some sketchy place with the weirdos who live out there". There are so many areas she could have been taken to and plenty of oddball people out there. Just my 2 cents

This is reminding me a lot of the Helen Bailey case here in the UK.

The public/TV appeals in particular. I don't know, perhaps I'm wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...issing-author-Helen-Bailey-appears-court.html

I'll wait to cast full judgement obviously, but something sounds off to me.

MOO.

There are also some similarities with a case I follow in Australia - Karen Ristevski who has been missing for over 4 months.

I'd need to watch some more footage of the husband to form a proper view

I am getting no red flags that the husband is involved at all. Jmo

-----------

Yes, this is a suspicious statement. She would not text him knowing that he does not bring his phone on the job. I am looking at the husband!

How often do women 25-35 go missing while jogging?

Along with the murders in NY and MA, this makes #3 in as many months. All very pretty white women running alone during the day.

And both of those women were found within hours. This is six days. I'm not sure what I think about this case yet. The couple in SC that disappeared in August ... I couldn't get a feeling on that case, either, and it turned out to be far worse than I would have imagined. There are just so many possibilities here. The girl in the box case, kidnapped while hitchhiking....held captive for many years. The recent hiker who went missing for a couple of days, a nurse, found safe on a trail. Sierra Joughlin, hit with a vehicle and abducted. Laci Peterson, who's husband stated immediately that she was "missing". Amanda Blackburn, discovered murdered in her home last November by her husband who many (including myself) suspected. It was not her husband, but a gang of robbers and murderers.

Sherri's phone, earbuds and hair just seem too tidy to me, but other cases have fooled me.

Ime it's not unusual to not be able to answer a phone during the work day. At my work we can only use phones on breaks so it someone texts me straight after I've got to work it could be a few hours before I see the message. I could be in a meeting that might make the interval even longer, imo really not a red flag in itself.

If Sherri hadn't followed up the test with a call or 2nd message that suggests she didn't expect him to be able to reply instantly, she didn't hear from him so assumed he wasn't coming home or it went past his lunch break time so she went for her jog

It would be very helpful to know if he did call the phone, at the moment the absence of confirmation either way means we can't assume he didn't try to contact her that way first or maybe it was his usual thing to track the phone to see if she was on a run or at the shops or gym before making a call.

Thing is here we have a man with a wife and 2 little boys I'd think je would always have his phone with him in case of an emergency. Just put it on silent or vibrate.

I'm so sad his family is being put through this. It's awful, and we see it over and over and over. When a family is going through the very worst thing imaginable, the public turns on them and attacks them. I don't think it used to be like this, at all. It's like a sport now - look at the hurting family, and kick them in the teeth.

Like The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. Why are we like this now, a society with zero compassion? The term schadenfreude comes to mind. :(

Agreed!
Humm ...So he did not respond to her text until 1:39 pm because he usually does not have his phone with him at his work..did he finally remembered he had his phone then responded?

A person with children should always has a phone available in case of emergencies. They can always turn it on vibrate when working.

agreed. That's what vibrate is for! If he is out and about during the day, he has young children. There could be an emergency at any moment when you have 2 little ones.
His phone may have pinged an hour away at 1:39. That would prove nothing. What needs to be known is where his phone was pinging from 2-6 PM that day, or if it was even "on". The GPS in the car that the FIL states that he has...Idk about that. If that GPS would have actually shown that he was miles away, constantly moving, then husband should be cleared asap. But LE has not done that yet.
A stalker would know Sherri's route since it has been said she runs the same way.
Her husband would also know her route.
A crime of opportunity cannot be dismissed because look at Sierah

I do agree with the stepfather tho..if in fact all this "clearing" of husband has taken place, they need to announce that. LE announced within hours that Josh was not suspected AT ALL.
I know it sounds bad and jaded but people respond differently when they know that the husband/BF has been cleared. They search more, they donate more, they share more, they give money for reward funds and such, maybe it shouldn't be that way but it is. The longer LE doesn't clear him officially, the longer it will go on that public opinion will turn against husband and they won't want to "help" . It's just the way it is.
When Ce went missing, there was a few comments in the beginning about Josh on SM but they immediately stopped when LE officially announced he was cleared, and then EVERY focus was on finding her. The public came out in droves. I don't think people are "turning" on the family per se but they are asking questions now that need to be asked. Why won't LE clear him publicly? This really DOES AFFECT how people react. If LE hasn't cleared the husband, I would not give money to support him while she is missing. I wouldn't. That might make me a bad person but i am being honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee